Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 05:19 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times

Advertisements

Counterterrorism adviser Thomas Bossert works for the White House administration yet unlike Trump will inform American public that Russia definitely meddled in election.

How long before POTUS fires this guy?

Doesn't he know the official line is it could have been a 400 lb guy sitting on his bed?

cite: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sia/496400001/

Old 07-20-2017, 05:20 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
by doing what?

Old 07-20-2017, 05:22 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,188 times
Thank god they did. Mrs. Bill Clinton would've been a disaster for this country.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Counterterrorism adviser Thomas Bossert works for the White House administration yet unlike Trump will inform American public that Russia definitely meddled in election.

How long before POTUS fires this guy?

Doesn't he know the official line is it could have been a 400 lb guy sitting on his bed?

cite: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sia/496400001/
I think Trump is going to find out that his ability to bully in DC is very small and mostly limited to the WH.

we are only 6 months in and the pace is stunning. we are closer to impeachment than we could have hoped. Trump's admin is bound and gagged, he has foolishly wasted his political capital fighting the media and by forcing his staff to lie for him time and again.

there was so much TRUMP could have done in his first 6 months, but he wasted it fighting with his own staff, bullying and lying. And now only 6 months in he is reaping what he sowed. Nobody in the GOP trusts Trump. Nobody is stepping up to bat for him. Even Mitch has publicly screwed over Trump twice now and Ryan has made a mess of leading his house.

I am delighted to see Trump attack his most effective staff and to do so publicly. Sessions may well throw Trump to the dogs now that Trump has publicly peed all over Sessions.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Why?

Old 07-20-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I think Trump is going to find out that his ability to bully in DC is very small and mostly limited to the WH.

we are only 6 months in and the pace is stunning. we are closer to impeachment than we could have hoped. Trump's admin is bound and gagged, he has foolishly wasted his political capital fighting the media and by forcing his staff to lie for him time and again.

there was so much TRUMP could have done in his first 6 months, but he wasted it fighting with his own staff, bullying and lying. And now only 6 months in he is reaping what he sowed. Nobody in the GOP trusts Trump. Nobody is stepping up to bat for him. Even Mitch has publicly screwed over Trump twice now and Ryan has made a mess of leading his house.

I am delighted to see Trump attack his most effective staff and to do so publicly. Sessions may well throw Trump to the dogs now that Trump has publicly peed all over Sessions.
Well it seems Congress isn't throwing Trump to the dogs.

"The GOP’s cowardice should not surprise anyone . As I ’ve written before, most Republicans supported President Richard Nixon almost to the bitter end of the Watergate scandal . Until Democrats retake Congress , the president’s power will be essentially unchecked. We can only hope the damage he does is minimal."

cite: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...870d&tid=sm_tw

Old 07-20-2017, 06:03 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Well it seems Congress isn't throwing Trump to the dogs.

"The GOP’s cowardice should not surprise anyone . As I ’ve written before, most Republicans supported President Richard Nixon almost to the bitter end of the Watergate scandal . Until Democrats retake Congress , the president’s power will be essentially unchecked. We can only hope the damage he does is minimal."

cite: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...870d&tid=sm_tw
i guess i mean if push comes to shove and Sessions has to appear under oath, will he back up TRump ref the inquiry into Trump's obstruction of justice when he threatened Comey

Old 07-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Why?
Why would Russia meddle, why would Trump's own administration go against Trump and admit Russia meddled, or why won't GOP Senators ever react negatively?

Old 07-20-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
i guess i mean if push comes to shove and Sessions has to appear under oath, will he back up TRump ref the inquiry into Trump's obstruction of justice when he threatened Comey
Since Sessions himself wrote the letter encouraging the firing of Comey, I doubt Sessions will ever go public against Trump.

To do so goes against Sessions himself.

Sessions is, as many suspect, tied into this and likely going to fry with Team Trump.

But not likely. The more likely thing is Sessions' political career is over.

The only one associated with Trump's admin that will have a political career after all this is said and done is Haley.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:24 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:

It's another example of what a fool Trump is. Sessions is one who probably knows where most of Trump's bodies are buried. He would best be treated kindly or completely eliminated, Putin-style. But instead, he degrades him publicly, then leaves him free to retaliate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies