Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump do a Saturday Night massacre?
Likely 34 77.27%
Unlikely 10 22.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times

Advertisements

I don't think he's stupid enough to do that. Then again, every time I say that.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 07:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Pence will pardon Trump.

Same deal Ford gave to Nixon.
Ford chose to put the prospect of a trial behind the US. It likely cost him the reelection.

Gerald R. Ford: Remarks on Signing a Proclamation Granting Pardon to Richard Nixon

Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM

8,408 posts, read 7,400,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
I hope so, he has every right to fire Muller.
When Richard Nixon exercised this so-called 'right', it was listed as obstruction of justice in the bill of Impeachment against him.

A President has the power (not the right) to fire his cabinet members, but not the power to fire any federal employee he dislikes.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:12 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
One thing we know for sure, anything is possible. That's because Trump acts on impulse. Would not surprise me at all. And, there are no self-imposed curbs, since he has no morals or conscience; his whole life has been about nothing other than protecting his his own sad sack self.

If one morning he thinks it will benefit him, he will do it. My guess is he will get by with it, because the Republicans in Congress don't have the backbone to stand up to him. It's a sad day for the USA but our system has always been at risk to a President like Trump. Just a matter of time before we put someone into power willing to rip it apart. The anarchistic Right wing elements worked for decades to soften up the base, and it is that army of mush-brains that got Trump elected. It's very possible that they will be dumb enough to sit back and do nothing, or even support Trump's effort to move us toward an authoritarian state.

They already do, as they mistake authoritarianism for strength, as does Trump himself. Explains his admiration for Putin et al.

It's sad to realize so many Americans feel so threatened by freedom and democracy, and so cravenly yearn for what they think is safety and security - at the cost of that freedom.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
As much as Trump probably wants to fire him, cooler heads will likely prevail. Instead, his lawyers will focus on discrediting Mueller and therefore any outcomes of the investigation.

I have no idea if or to what extent Trump Org is tied to Russia. The previous remarks of his adult sons relative to Russia financing Trump Org initiatives, compel the investigation to follow the money.

Never has a POTUS and family been so engaged in discussing renewed adoption of Russian babies.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I don't think he's stupid enough to do that. Then again, every time I say that.......
I often wonder if when Trump is advised to do or not do a particular thing, he deliberately and bull-headedly does the exact opposite of what he's advised, just because he can and because he gets a charge out of overriding his advisors.

If this is the case - then sure, Mr. President, fire 'em all! Go for it!

Old 07-21-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As much as Trump probably wants to fire him, cooler heads will likely prevail. Instead, his lawyers will focus on discrediting Mueller and therefore any outcomes of the investigation.

I have no idea if or to what extent Trump Org is tied to Russia. The previous remarks of his adult sons relative to Russia financing Trump Org initiatives, compel the investigation to follow the money.

Never has a POTUS and family been so engaged in discussing renewed adoption of Russian babies.
I think we'll find that it's Russian babes, not Russian babies, that are the concern here.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
" beautiful little babies "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies