Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 09:39 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times

Advertisements

So very sad that neither party has any credibility left.

The Dems have Pelosi, Schumer, and Pérez...what a disaster. How on earth are they ever going to mount a credible effort for 2018 or 2020?

I hear that Howard Schultz with run for Pres in 2020. Will he run as a Dem, or an independent? He has organizational skills, and if he can get away from the current imbeciles in DC he really could "clean things up" (AKA Drain the Swamp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 09:55 AM

78,323 posts, read 60,517,579 times
I don't find them having a debt to be meaningful.

They've been pushing lots of money into attempts to grab vacated seats by republicans via special elections.

Also, Hillary has her own separate warchest fully under her control so that's money not flowing into the DNC coffers.

Smart move on her part if she has hundreds of millions under her personal control and the DNC is scraping by it enforces her power to dictate terms to democrats and to be able to punish anyone that tries to rival her in the 2020 dem primaries. Basic internal power play just like in 2016 to make sure no one "Obama's" her in the primary.

Barring some sort of catastrophe like an illness etc. Hillary is going to be back in the presidential election in 2020. (Whether you like the idea or not)

Old 07-21-2017, 10:09 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

They've been pushing lots of money into attempts to grab vacated seats by republicans via special elections.

Also, Hillary has her own separate warchest fully under her control so that's money not flowing into the DNC coffers.

Smart move on her part if she has hundreds of millions under her personal control and the DNC is scraping by it enforces her power to dictate terms to democrats and to be able to punish anyone that tries to rival her in the 2020 dem primaries. Basic internal power play just like in 2016 to make sure no one "Obama's" her in the primary.

Barring some sort of catastrophe like an illness etc. Hillary is going to be back in the presidential election in 2020. (Whether you like the idea or not)
How much DNC money was wasted on that runoff election last month? $50 million? And they still lost? The DNC is a total joke. Remember that ridiculous debate they had to pick the new head of the DNC after the last 2 were fired in utter disgrace (Wasserman-Shultz, Donna Braizile). They ALL fully supported BLM, but the absolute worst example of pandering was from that race baiting idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHFLqJfdq8

Old 07-21-2017, 10:23 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,805 times
The DNC should hit Hillary up for some of the money they wasted on her 2016 campaign. It's not like she isn't flush with cash from her money-laundering operations that masquerade as "charities."

Old 07-21-2017, 10:25 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Perez did not cause this issue but he most certainly has not helped it.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:45 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Perez did not cause this issue but he most certainly has not helped it.
Well, he made it much worse. No message, no plan, no bipartinship, just profanity laced speeches filled with disunity and hate.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:00 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, he made it much worse. No message, no plan, no bipartinship, just profanity laced speeches filled with disunity and hate.
You won't find me disagreeing. "**** that" is not a valid platform.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The losing party typically has bad fundraising until they regroup. It's not partisan, the RNC was there and $23 million in debt in 2010-2011. (compared to the current $3 million DNC debt). In late 2015 the RNC was still $1.8 million in debt.

Politicians only know how to spend OPM... and seemingly no clue how to balance a checkbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I think it's quite funny how every single time a politician says he/she isn't going to or shouldn't say something (my mama taught me not to cuss) only to turn around in the very same sentence and say it. It's like they have an aversion to being honest even on the smallest things. I doubt the Dems will do well as the party of four letter expletives.

If the DNC runs on a platform of "we hate Trump" with no clear policy strategy, the results will be identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
The DNC should hit Hillary up for some of the money they wasted on her 2016 campaign. It's not like she isn't flush with cash from her money-laundering operations that masquerade as "charities."
The Dems would be better served if they actually acted like they gave a crap about her criminal activities. Rather than doing so they prefer defending her. Protecting their own is one of the few things the Dems do well.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Some believe the third time is the charm. I doubt she could win nomination in 2020, and though I'm still thinking in realistic terms, who knows.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
The DNC doesn't pay its bills.

When they held their 2012 convention here in Charlotte, they left town full of trash and $30M in unpaid bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies