Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:25 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
What's the reasoning behind that?

My reasoning for opposing that idea is that you shouldn't be punished by law for doing nothing (unless you caused the situation and then refused to do anything). If they actively did something harmful, that's different.
As stated above, because it's the law. If you witness a murder, then I could maybe understand not wanting to report it, even anonymously after the fact, but there is no excuse for these kids not to at least report. Imagine if it were your child missing for days and you had no clue what happened to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
How sadistic these kids are.. the guy is yelling for help and they are saying he is going to die and laugh.. they are not human at all. They are satanic spirits that have no respect for life.

I know so many of us would be calling, doing what we could do to help the guy. Some people have laid down their lives for others to save them.

My father ran into a burning building to save a guy who was sleeping in a building that was connected to a garden center. He just did it .. driving by and saw the fire.

Some people run to the problem without even thinking .. they just do it.

These heartless kids are losers.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:43 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm not sticking up for these losers. More than likely these idiots would have drowned too since they probably can't swim either.

Are you really surprised they didn't call the cops? Listen to them. I'm going out on a limb and say they already have a history with the local PD. THAT'S why they didn't call 911 or call it in later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Coco, Florida is right near Merritt Island. Pretty sure they're going to have cell coverage there.

Florida Cell Phone Coverage Map & Carrier Reviews

(Near where the space shuttles used to take off.)

Please stop making excuses for these scum. I wouldn't ask them to jump in the water, especially if they were high, because they may not know how to swim, there are alligators everywhere in fresh water lakes in FL, but the fact that instead of going to get help, whether by cell or running to a nearby home, they sat there and laughed and mocked a drowning person, they KNEW was drowning, has no excuses.

They're disgusting wastes of flesh.
please read entire thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I never said they should be obligated by law to save him, but to report it? I'd definitely say yes it should be a law. They had a cell phone in their hand but apparently forgot it has a use besides recording.

And if the reason was because they didn't want to get caught smoking weed, they could at least have made an anonymous phone call later to report it. They thought about it enough later to post the video.
If we pass laws punish people for doing nothing, I got a laundry list of things that we can punish people for.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:47 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If we pass laws punish people for doing nothing, I got a laundry list of things that we can punish people for.
Seriously.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Just keep that in mind when you need help in your life. Don't blame others for giving you a taste of your own medicine.
I don't. Why should I? Nobody is obligated to save me in any way, just like nobody is responsible for my health care etc.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Yes I believe you. I think most people in general are good people.

I had a car accident several years ago, a gentleman pulled me out of the car and his wife allowed me to sit in their truck. They called 911 and even offered to go to the hospital with me.
I think most people would do what they can to help others. Unfortunately, they seldom make the news.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
I don't. Why should I? Nobody is obligated to save me in any way, just like nobody is responsible for my health care etc.
Easy for you to say if you're not currently in the position of needing either. Tough talk at the keyboard does not necessarily translate into reality.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:52 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
After reading this whole thread, it just occurred to me that Ive never head to help someone struggling in the water. It also occurred to me that I dont know how to do it. Every situation I pictured I got pulled under by the person panicking.
I had a drunk girl almost drown me once in a pool. You cant keep calm while running out of air. I cant imagine trying to save someone struggling for air, unless they already passed out.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:55 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Apparently it's already a law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies