Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:01 PM

31,040 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
RNC member - not anonymous but the jury's out on the idiot part

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...=.5f8603f25e71
"She described McCain as a “murderous warmongering neocon” and an “evil man” who has “supported every US military bloodbath in his obscenely long lifetime.”"

She sounds more like a faux Liberal since that's what they have been saying about McCain, Bush, and Reagan for years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 02:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"She described McCain as a “murderous warmongering neocon” and an “evil man” who has “supported every US military bloodbath in his obscenely long lifetime.”"

She sounds more like a faux Liberal since that's what they have been saying about McCain, Bush, and Reagan for years
She told the truth however with that quote.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
"But libs!" isn't a defense. It doesn't mean there aren't hateful people on the left but that doesn't erase this vitriol, especially repulsive when they claim to be religious.
I can't stand the "both sides!" crap argument. It absolves bad behavior with the "two wrongs make a right" defense. As if we didn't all learn that wasn't true in kindergarten. This crummy argument is largely why we have Trump.

I also think there is a false equivalency there ("both sides"...but are they REALLY equivalent?), but I don't really care to go down that debate path as I'm sure it'll just drive the conversation in irrelevant directions.

To the OP of this thread - this is obviously a gross thing to think/wish upon someone. I hope McCain and his family are coping as well as can be expected. While I don't agree him on many things, I have always respected him as a politician.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Talking about the "mistakes" he made as a politician is useless and pointless. He is now an elderly gentleman who is dealing with cancer. Show some compassion please.

We play different roles in life. He is a father, a grandfather, a friend, a neighbor.. At the end of the day, everybody just wants to survive. I wish him all the very very best.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:06 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
What a load of crap. A few loud mouths put up a "good riddance" post in a comment section of a magazine so Newsweek brands it as Alt Right, which nobody on the right knows what Alt Right means, behaving horribly. And right on cue, the ALT Left, whatever that is, pipes up in unison "how horrible". May all of you get a flat and have your bar-be-cues rained out this weekend.
I agree. I looked at several slang dictionary websites for definitions of Alt Right (because it's used here on CD so often & I hadn't heard the term until 5-6 months ago) and all of them suggested that an Alt Right person is a Racist (among other things).

What do these anti-McCain posts in the Newsweek article have to do with Racism? & Why would a once fine magazine like Newsweek use it? Is the word code for something else?

I like McCain & voted for him once (unlike 95% of the posters who are trashing McCain's party in this thread). I do think he had mentally lost a couple of steps the past couple of years though.

He and his wife both have a good heart & both seemed like nice people. I know they adopted a little orphan girl from India when they were on a political junket a couple of decades ago. (she's probably in her 20s now). Prayers to McCain & his family during this tough time.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Is "alt-right" an official group or something?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:09 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Yeah, just like many politicians, this poor guy also made some enemies.

He was blamed to a point where Castro said McCaain created ISIS with the help of Mossad. How far fetched of a baseless accusation could this be?

I hope a speedy recovery and good wishes for his family.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Of course she is a faux liberal. She's an official of the GOP in Nevada. So definitely not a real liberal.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Of course she is a faux liberal. She's an official of the GOP in Nevada. So definitely not a real liberal.
He didn't say she was a faux liberal - he said she sounds like a faux liberal.

How did you manage to include his quote and still get that wrong?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:42 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Do people really believe any God worthy of the title would sully him/herself in the cesspool that is American Politics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies