Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider yourself proud to have Donald Trump as President?
Yes 88 30.34%
No 202 69.66%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 07:50 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

A majority of people voted no. I have a theory about some of the diehard Trump supporters: False pride.
No matter how much proof is shown that Trump is being a bully and how horrible of a person he is, there are still people holding on. Some people are doubling down on such support. My theory is false pride. There are those who know how horrible he is. However, they might double down on supporting Trump as an "up yours" to those who don't like Trump.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
It would be different if Trump was merely a bad politician (ie. George W. Bush), but my disdain for Trump is doubled down by the fact he is a disgusting & despicable human being.

Trump doesn't inspire me into patriotism for my country. He makes it evident to how divided we are as a nation.

Pride for my nation derives from entities like our military and law enforcement. Not our current POTUS.

where were you during the 8 years of Obama and her Secretary of State Hillary Clinton selling this country out?....did you felt proud? did you cried when Obama won or got wet when he gave his speeches.

and nobody divided this country between racial lines more than Obama.....he also put a bullseye on the back of every cop in this country.

most of the cops and military voted for Trump over Hillary Clinton......maybe you should listen to the people that make you proud of this country a little more and less on the msm and their Trump hysteria.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,281,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Very typical poll, on this forum and pretty much nationally, Trump vs X seems to result consistently with 30% loyalists.
Where does the poll say anything about "Trump vs. X"? I must have missed it. I thought it was very clear, "are you proud that he is the president?" Not, are you happy he's the president instead of someone else. I don't know how much clearer and more simple it could be. The answer is yes or no. I suppose there could be a "not sure" in there, but most people seem to have a strong opinion on one side or the other.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
A majority of people voted no. I have a theory about some of the diehard Trump supporters: False pride.
No matter how much proof is shown that Trump is being a bully and how horrible of a person he is, there are still people holding on. Some people are doubling down on such support. My theory is false pride. There are those who know how horrible he is. However, they might double down on supporting Trump as an "up yours" to those who don't like Trump.

Trump hasn't done anything "horrible" compare to past Presidents.....he isn't invading a country based on lies causing the deaths of thousands of people.....he isn't selling out our country to foreign interests. He isn't sticking cigars in fat interns in the oval office.

When was the last angel we had in the W.H. because Trump hasn't done 1/4 of what past Presidents have.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:11 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Dream on, denialists.
Lefties love their loser polls.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:14 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Lefties love their loser polls.
And rightists love their oligarchs. Go figure.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:15 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump is accomplishing so much in such a short time ,Trump has left all past presidents in the dust.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is accomplishing so much in such a short time ,Trump has left all past presidents in the dust.
True. He's golfed and tweeted more in his first six months than any other president in history.

He also done, uh, let's see, well there's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.