Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:00 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Here's a list of 40. Most of them deal with rolling back regulation and red tape.
President Donald Trump has signed 40 bills into law. Here's what they do - CNNPolitics.com
CNN link. Surely this must be fake news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 08:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The first thing to go in a nation that is no longer free is the press. Dictators don't like criticism and prefer to monopolize the messaging their people can hear.

It seems to me that conservatives will accept no criticism of Donald Trump and would go to any lengths to dismantle the ability of media organizations to do so.

Sure, they say that they just don't like the "liberal media" and would accept one that is "fair"...which I take to mean "doesn't criticize Donald Trump."

Look, I don't like Breitbart, FOX, or Infowars, but I support their right to continue to exist, because I think that we're overall better off with a press corps capable of asking questions independent of government than without it.

I see no indication that Donald Trump has any respect for the role of a free press in our society, and I genuinely believe he would dismantle it entirely if he could. Do conservatives understand the value of a free press not beholden to a President, or do they really wish to do away with it?
God if it were only so simple...............

Old 07-22-2017, 08:06 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Do conservatives understand the value of a free press not beholden to a President, or do they really wish to do away with it?
Some do, some don't. Some liberals do, some don't. Some independents do, some don't. Depends on the INDIVIDUAL.

Tired of this s**t. All this partisan sniping is freaking ridiculous. What's with all these dumb ass "do conservatives/liberals think/act/say/do/believe X??"

Some do, some don't. Like I said before, depends on the individual.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:20 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Some do, some don't. Some liberals do, some don't. Some independents do, some don't. Depends on the INDIVIDUAL.

Tired of this s**t. All this partisan sniping is freaking ridiculous. What's with all these dumb ass "do conservatives/liberals think/act/say/do/believe X??"

Some do, some don't. Like I said before, depends on the individual.
Well said.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't even worry about "getting why some don't like it". I'm still marveling why people are stupid enough to believe it in the first place.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Agree, why the republicans want to damage it and suppress free speech is a mystery.
Tell me, what exactly are the republicans doing to damage and suppress free speech? And please, holding the dishonest press to account for their yellow journalism is not suppresion.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Tell me, what exactly are the republicans doing to damage and suppress free speech? And please, holding the dishonest press to account for their yellow journalism is not suppresion.
The only legal way to bring the press to account is with a lawsuit. Everything else is suppression of free speech. When the president targets certain media sources as fake news and calls them the enemy of the people, that is classic first amendment suppression.
If he called them fake news once, it would be his opinion but he does it every day, using every media source at his disposal, which is Fox news and Twitter. This is a propaganda campaign to discredit and destroy the mainstream media to the public

Old 07-22-2017, 10:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The only legal way to bring the press to account is with a lawsuit. Everything else is suppression of free speech. When the president targets certain media sources as fake new and calls them the enemy of the people, that is classic first amendment suppression.

Yeah he called CNN fake news after they ran with that fake Russian dossier. Good for him. Nobody is feeling any sympathy for Anderson Cooper and his buddies

Old 07-22-2017, 10:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The only legal way to bring the press to account is with a lawsuit. Everything else is suppression of free speech. When the president targets certain media sources as fake new and calls them the enemy of the people, that is classic first amendment suppression.
Really?

How is that suppression?

Do you really think it is stopping the MSM from spewing their BS?

Get a clue.......its not lol.

There is no suppression.

There is only critique of their product.

They are free to write/broadcast the drivel and false news.

The Pres and the rest of are free to critique them and call them out on their spin and lies.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Really?

How is that suppression?

Do you really think it is stopping the MSM from spewing their BS?

Get a clue.......its not lol.

There is no suppression.

There is only critique of their product.

They are free to write/broadcast the drivel and false news.

The Pres and the rest of are free to critique them and call them out on their spin and lies.
Not when it's an organized campaign than has the whole whitehouse administration parroting that as fact to the American people. People take the president's words as fact. What he say's is not fact. It's opinion. He's trying to sell his opinion as fact. It's what he does and what he's always done.
I suppose you also think that Russia hacking the DNC and releasing the emails through wikileaks didn't have an impact on the election too, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies