Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

You pure believers may want to build a wall around 1/5 if the US economy but I certainly do not. I am amused by Arizona complaining about "illegals" when most of their lawn, house and personal care industries are operated by the same illegals. Without "illegals" there would not be anyone to mow the lawns, clean the houses and take care of the sick and elderly. Eliminating the immigrants, legal or not, would make all of these services unaffordable to the "real" Americans paying for the work.

I have been in several California cities/suburbs and have also been in the city/suburbs of Arizona and Nevada. I would, if forced or paid a lot, live in California but I would have to be imprisoned to live in the cities of Arizona or Las Vegas, NV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:02 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Not true. Poland and Japan have no illegal problems as they just don't let them in. And yes, I'll pay higher taxes to help pay towards the wall. So before you jump all over me, notice I said "Illegals".
The problem is that illegal border crossings are no longer the largest source of illegal immigration, visa overstays are and you can build walls surrounding the entire US and it won't stop that, but no one seems to want to talk about it..how odd.

Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported. Visa Overstays Outnumber Illegal Border Crossings, Trend Expected to Continue - NBC News

Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
President Trump should extend the border wall around California.

People from there flock to other states, and bring their failed political beliefs they fled from with them. Then they try to change the political climate to their beliefs. States like Nevada used to be conservative/republican but stuff like this have flipped the state blue. And now they're trying to do the same to Utah, Arizona, Texas, etc...
yea stay our of FLORIDA with those right wingers retiring here all the time-to include the blasted SNOWBIRDS! we always were blue-- until now

Old 07-23-2017, 09:57 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You pure believers may want to build a wall around 1/5 if the US economy but I certainly do not. I am amused by Arizona complaining about "illegals" when most of their lawn, house and personal care industries are operated by the same illegals. Without "illegals" there would not be anyone to mow the lawns, clean the houses and take care of the sick and elderly. Eliminating the immigrants, legal or not, would make all of these services unaffordable to the "real" Americans paying for the work.

I have been in several California cities/suburbs and have also been in the city/suburbs of Arizona and Nevada. I would, if forced or paid a lot, live in California but I would have to be imprisoned to live in the cities of Arizona or Las Vegas, NV

What crock of pro-illegal BS! If illegals left Americans would get their jobs back. Illegals aren't mowing mom and pop's lawns they have taken over the commercial landscaping businesses. We have no shortage of Americans willing to do house cleaning and to take care of elderly. Who do you think were doing those jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border? What about the construction, hotel and restaurant jobs? Are those jobs that Americans refuse to do for a fair wage? I am so sick of the lies by the pro-illegals I could puke! Stop this stupid nonsense! When you add in the $113 billion a year that illegals cost us they are no bargain to hire. They actually cost us more.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think we make a deal with Mexico. They build the wall and keep the cartel out of the US in exchange for the return of California to Mexico
Returning the Drumpf family to whence they came would be of far greater benefit to the US.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:07 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Like all other states, the large metro areas control California. The people there are not all nuts, just the urbanized, and suburban liberal/progressives that vote for people like Gavin Newsome, Governor Moonbeam, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, etc. Most of CA is not like this, but the population centers control the state. It is a shame, because it is beautiful, and was once part of America. Not anymore.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Donald Trump couldn't find California on a map. How do you expect him to get rid of it?
We could just let North Korea hit it.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Like all other states, the large metro areas control California. The people there are not all nuts, just the urbanized, and suburban liberal/progressives that vote for people like Gavin Newsome, Governor Moonbeam, Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, etc. Most of CA is not like this, but the population centers control the state. It is a shame, because it is beautiful, and was once part of America. Not anymore.
I can attest to that. I have lived here for decades. This state is nothing like it used to be. It's been ruined by the liberal left and their stupid ideologies.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I can attest to that. I have lived here for decades. This state is nothing like it used to be. It's been ruined by the liberal left and their stupid ideologies.
So move out like all the other working class snowflake right wingers are doing

Old 07-23-2017, 10:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
OP sounds worried that too many liberals are moving into other areas and will screw up the weighted gerrymandered districts that the GOP has worked so hard to develop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies