Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 11:28 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Remember Pat on SNL decades ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIbAMRoO39c

Old 07-23-2017, 11:36 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Yes, I have huge admiration for Camille Paglia.
She is a lifelong Democrat who clearly sees what has happened to that party and is utterly unafraid to call them out on the layers of idiocy currently present.

She is very brave because one of the hallmarks of liberals in this era is to suppress speech, discussion and thought. Amongst a large list of other things they want to suppress. And, I'm sure she's been shunned for it.

That, friends, is how a true American behaves!

Put her name in YouTube and you'll find numerous interviews. Smart lady.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:40 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Yes, they are a tiny minority. So, why is such a BFD being made about where they take a wiz? Ask yourself that. They had no problems making a pit stop in whichever facility before a prominent lobbying group in DC decide to stack the Charlotte, NC City Council with their people and set off this blatant, intentional firestorm.

At that time, I was reading online numerous transgender people declaring how they do not like that lobbying group and feel like they are used as tools by them. They also commented that this whole bathroom BS does not help them. Things were operating fine in that regard but now that a giant spotlight has been put on the issue, they feel more nervous about where they go.

It actually makes me sad for our country that SO MANY people can be duped into believing that there was intense concern for where transgenders relieve themselves. How deeply stupid and naïve so many people are. It was just a typical, radical Left wedge issue meant to divide people.

Btw, that DC lobbying group was co-founded by a guy who was an Obama fundraiser/bundler. A super wealthy guy who has previously been accused of child molestation. Nice. Politicians always pay back those who raise big pots of money for them during campaigns. This might top the list of; "Weirdest Payback'.
I wish society was kinder to males who feel feminine and females who feel masculine. Having to change sexes legally to express themselves is sad and unfair to society who is demanded to pretend they are what they do not look like. They can't 'pass', usually.

A law to demand a boy with a penis be allowed to shower with high school girls is another story. A boy who feels like a girl that competes with girls on the athletic field is another story, too. That is asking for an unfair requirement from society to accommodate them, in my opinion.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:40 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,000 times
Quote:
I wish society was kinder to males who feel feminine and females who feel masculine. Having to change sexes legally to express themselves is sad and unfair to society who is demanded to pretend they are what they do not look like. They can't 'pass', usually.

A law to demand a boy with a penis be allowed to shower with high school girls is another story. A boy who feels like a girl that competes with girls on the athletic field is another story, too. That is asking for an unfair requirement from society to accommodate them, in my opinion.
Never in the history of humankind could you have counted on people being universally kind. Never.
It defies the human condition.
Meaning, people are a product of their DNA, upbringing, environment, era and external influences.
So, someone born 20 years ago in another country, raised with different values, by different people, in a different culture, ETC. ETC. ETC. .....will automatically have a different outlook than I do, for example.
There will always be understanding gaps amongst humankind because of this.
Which is why the tactics so commonly used by Democrats are so repulsive.
They behave exactly like the "Moral Majority" did in the 80's and believe that they OWN some set of values that are indisputable and need no examination. How's that for enormous arrogance?
Well, they got shown the door, nationwide, in Nov 2016.

I sincerely suggest adjusting your expectations related to the human limitations I mention. Look at the longer arc of change and understanding. It has been on a POSITIVE trend for centuries.

Your second paragraph illustrates WHY the transgender topic is such a bigger issue than purely which room people enter to relieve themselves. But, again, the Dems presented the issue utterly simplistically in order to herd people in the direction they wanted. And the herd said, "yes, please pull me by the nose. I'll believe whatever you tell me and not think for myself." Bingo.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
I have no issue personally if people want to be binary, non-binary, or quantum gender.

No one should be harmed, threatened, or jailed because of their gender identity.

But I also feel that aside from those things, it's a first world problem. There are too many real problems in the U.S. to address to waste resources on fighting The Battle of Loo and on cake shop justice.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:17 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I have no issue personally if people want to be binary, non-binary, or quantum gender.

No one should be harmed, threatened, or jailed because of their gender identity.

But I also feel that aside from those things, it's a first world problem. There are too many real problems in the U.S. to address to waste resources on fighting The Battle of Loo and on cake shop justice.
I disagree 100%. Government mandating what is best for us is the biggest of our problems in the US. Cakes and bathrooms are a symptom of Government control, but that is a topic for another thread.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-23-2017 at 01:27 PM..

Old 07-23-2017, 01:20 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Saying such things are so immature.

Bring on some real productive conversation

Have you noticed that just about every time someone on CD expresses a conservative opinion on issues of gender, some liberated Prog will suggest that he/she is gay and in the closet as an attempt to shut down the discussion? In effect, its using being gay as some sort of putdown. I'm straight, but if I were gay, I'd consider it extremely rude, not to mention insulting, immature, and ridiculous.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Never in the history of humankind could you have counted on people being universally kind. Never.
It defies the human condition.
Meaning, people are a product of their DNA, upbringing, environment, era and external influences.
So, someone born 20 years ago in another country, raised with different values, by different people, in a different culture, ETC. ETC. ETC. .....will automatically have a different outlook than I do, for example.
There will always be understanding gaps amongst humankind because of this.
Which is why the tactics so commonly used by Democrats are so repulsive.
They behave exactly like the "Moral Majority" did in the 80's and believe that they OWN some set of values that are indisputable and need no examination. How's that for enormous arrogance?
Well, they got shown the door, nationwide, in Nov 2016.

I sincerely suggest adjusting your expectations related to the human limitations I mention. Look at the longer arc of change and understanding. It has been on a POSITIVE trend for centuries.

Your second paragraph illustrates WHY the transgender topic is such a bigger issue than purely which room people enter to relieve themselves. But, again, the Dems presented the issue utterly simplistically in order to herd people in the direction they wanted. And the herd said, "yes, please pull me by the nose. I'll believe whatever you tell me and not think for myself." Bingo.
I think people will never be perfect, but we are getting better, especially here. It wasn't too long ago that it was acceptable to just throw disabled kids into an asylum to rot. And historically, chucking sickly living kids off the cliff was considered aok.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I disagree 100%. Government mandating what is best for us is the biggest of our problems in the US. Cakes and bathrooms are a symptom of Government control, but that is a topic for another thread.
I meant that towards those clamouring *for* the government to stick their nose in those issues - in either direction.

It should be up to the establishment either way.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I consider all this to be much fuss about very little. The basic contention is the Democrats contend that you should not legally discriminate against people that are different mentally. The Republican, mostly the alt-right and bible thumpers, want to force everyone to be and believe the same as them. I prefer a situation that treats everyone the same under the law and refuse to be told how and what to think by anyone or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies