Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 07:37 AM

487 posts, read 545,181 times

Advertisements

We all celebrate the cultures our ancestors came with when they immigrated to this country in our homes, at holidays and with family traditions......that is fine as we are a melting pot. However, our Constitution is our law of the land, and if that is compromised or opposed in any way with laws from their places of origin, then I have a big problem with that. The Constution should continue to protect all Americans and should continue to be respected as such.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 AM

6,748 posts, read 3,365,850 times
Look a it this way. If you moved to a different country that had a different culture wouldn't you obey the laws of that place? I think most reasonable people would. The problem with those that come from the sand countries is that many of them don't care about our culture and have no interest in respecting our laws. They expect us to bend to their ways, and it doesn't work like that.

Keep your traditions but respect the country and the people that let you live here. Nobody owes you anything. If you don't like it, leave. It's really that simple. This nation has gone far beyond the stone age barbaric hellhole you came from.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Actually I might buy a 44 magnum.
What does that have to do with this topic you started?

I swear, the level of fearmongering is unreal.

Sharia law isn't compatible with the US Constitution.

Why would anyone get all lathered up over the idea of Sharia law in the US? It's not going to happen.

I'd be more worried about excessively religious (Christian) court judges trying to inject the Bible into US Constitutional law. That actually happens and it should not.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Look a it this way. If you moved to a different country that had a different culture wouldn't you obey the laws of that place? I think most reasonable people would. The problem with those that come from the sand countries is that many of them don't care about our culture and have no interest in respecting our laws. They expect us to bend to their ways, and it doesn't work like that.

Keep your traditions but respect the country and the people that let you live here. Nobody owes you anything. If you don't like it, leave. It's really that simple. This nation has gone far beyond the stone age barbaric hellhole you came from.
Evidence?

Because there sure aren't that many Muslim immigrants in our prison system and we don't have ONE culture here.

As long as immigrants move here and follow the law of the land, I have no issue with whatever culture they choose to keep or assimilate. That's their own, personal business.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 AM

Btw? Muslims bring delicious food options... cultural enhancement.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:43 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Can someone tell me how?
"How Does Bringing In More Muslims Enhance Our Culture Especially When The Majority Believe In Sharia Law?"

I'll play your silly game, but first you have to prove your claim. Prove that the majority of Muslims believe in Sharia law. (Crickets). And while we're on the topic of enhancing cultures, how do people like the bigoted baker who refuses to bake the cake for the gay couple enhance our culture? He won't bake cakes for people who don't believe in "family values (whatever that means) or the Bible. Should we ship him to Somalia? Of course not, even though his prejudicial beliefs doesn't "enhance our culture" in any way.

What about the KKK? Should we send members of the KKK to Antarctica? Their beliefs are vile and disgusting. Maybe we should send them down there to shovel snow for five years. No, we shouldn't. Because having nasty beliefs is not illegal, and freedom of religion applies even if the religion is not your own, and even if you are an immigrant. Just ask Melania Trump, an immigrant who worships money.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:44 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,648 times
Quote:
Actually I might buy a 44 magnum.
That too, go hide your kids, your wives, they coming to get you...

Old 07-24-2017, 07:47 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times
Quote:
Why would anyone get all lathered up over the idea of Sharia law in the US? It's not going to happen.
Is that a fact...Why don't you tell that to the Minneapolis Neighborhood..

Muslim Man Seeking to Enforce Sharia Law in Minneapolis Neighborhood | Christian News Network

BTW....Boy how quick you attack christians...I guess its true what they say about liberals and muslims they have one common enemy.

Last edited by fordtrucks; 07-24-2017 at 07:55 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Certain parts of the USA are already under the Christian equivalent of Sharia law. You may have heard of the American Taliban. Why so few complaints about that?
No, I haven't heard of it.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:57 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
"How Does Bringing In More Muslims Enhance Our Culture Especially When The Majority Believe In Sharia Law?"

I'll play your silly game, but first you have to prove your claim. Prove that the majority of Muslims believe in Sharia law. (Crickets). And while we're on the topic of enhancing cultures, how do people like the bigoted baker who refuses to bake the cake for the gay couple enhance our culture? He won't bake cakes for people who don't believe in "family values (whatever that means) or the Bible. Should we ship him to Somalia? Of course not, even though his prejudicial beliefs doesn't "enhance our culture" in any way.

What about the KKK? Should we send members of the KKK to Antarctica? Their beliefs are vile and disgusting. Maybe we should send them down there to shovel snow for five years. No, we shouldn't. Because having nasty beliefs is not illegal, and freedom of religion applies even if the religion is not your own, and even if you are an immigrant. Just ask Melania Trump, an immigrant who worships money.
You don't have the option of selecting fellow citizens for deportation. You do have the ability to choose which foreigners come to live in your country. Is that really so confusing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies