Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
well, we'd have confirmation that we've become an autocracy if the Senate lets Trump get away with this, and puts in someone who promises to fire Mueller and end the investigation.

I'd like to think that even the GOP wouldn't stomach it but I'm not completely convinced that they won't. They mouth platitudes about how troubling Trump's antics are and then let them continue unobstructed.
Now remember everyone...

It's GOP members in the Senate behind looking into the Russia stuff. At almost every turn it's been a Republican furthering the investigation.

This isn't a democrat witch hunt, as some seem to want you to think.

Democrats might be talking about it, but republicans are running it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 09:46 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
hmmmm.

http://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/889824954598002690

Old 07-25-2017, 10:24 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Guess this is one leprechaun that will not be finding his lucky charms.

OMG thanks for the best laugh on the net today. Sorry I can't rep you again.

Sessions on his way out? Well he did lie about contacts with the Russians, and Flynn was fired for lying to Pence. Wasn't Pence the head of the transition team at the time? How could he not know about Flynn? Sessions should be fired. So should Kushner. Well we know where that's going. Nowhere.

Lies are convenient when they work in your favor. Why not fire Sessions and try to find a yes man to take his place? Mueller would be easy collateral damage. It didn't work for Nixon when he fired Archibald Cox, his special prosecutor. Nixon was still impeached. It won't work for Trump either. Pardons are an admission of guilt.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Now remember everyone...

It's GOP members in the Senate behind looking into the Russia stuff. At almost every turn it's been a Republican furthering the investigation.

This isn't a democrat witch hunt, as some seem to want you to think.

Democrats might be talking about it, but republicans are running it.
Just a small -- highly relevant point.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:47 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
I was a strong Trump supporter, but this is it. After Trump's unfair, baseless and inappropriate attacks of Sessions, I no longer support Trump. I've been a Sessions supporter for years. This is how Trump treats Sessions who did so much for the campaign and stuck his neck out for it? That is really messed up .

Trump supporters, surrogates and people in the administration and Republicans need to oppose Trump's actions against Sessions.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-25-2017 at 11:02 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 10:56 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I was a strong Trump supporter, but this is it. After Trump's unfair, baseless and in appropriate attacks of Sessions, I no longer support Trump. I've been a Session supporter for years. This is how Trump treats Session who did so much for the campaign and stuck his neck out for it? That is really messed up .

Trump supporters, surrogates and people in the administration and Republicans need to oppose Trump's actions against Sessions.
It's good that you recognize your red line. Too many here will excuse anything.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It's good that you recognize your red line. Too many here will excuse anything.
It's outrageous. Trump used Sessions and people who are supporters of Sessions and unfairly disparaging and casting Sessions away is using and casting away Sessions supporters who supported Trump.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:15 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
OMG thanks for the best laugh on the net today. Sorry I can't rep you again.

Lies are convenient when they work in your favor. Why not fire Sessions and try to find a yes man to take his place? Mueller would be easy collateral damage. It didn't work for Nixon when he fired Archibald Cox, his special prosecutor. Nixon was still impeached. It won't work for Trump either. Pardons are an admission of guilt.
Correction: Nixon was NOT impeached.
The impeachment process had been initiated but Nixon resigned so, no impeachment occurred.

The "distinction" of being impeached applies to 2 Presidents: Andrew Johnson and Slick Willy Clinton, both of whom remained in office. Strange how that works.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Sessions is part of the establishment and I think he is being blackmailed to go after Trump and protect the Dims....he needs to be fired.

There are some rock solid Southern firebrands but obviously Sessions is not one.
Sessions is the US Attorney, not Trumps protector. Did you listen to his swearing in ceremony regarding the constitution. Every attorney I have hear indicates his recusal was the correct action, even the Fox News experts.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:24 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Lets hope so. America cant be rid of this evil backwards creep soon enough
Sure, it's all in an effort to shut down Mueller, you do know that, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies