Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Firing Mueller would eventually bring his administration down. Surely, he and Bannon are aware of this.

At the very least, Mueller's team would start working under the auspices of one of the Congressional committees if not Congress itself.
It's the people (and their representatives) of this Nation who have gotten so fat, lazy and uninvolved that they would even allow Trump to fire Sessions without repercussions. After all, Trump is broadcasting that he dislikes Jeff due to the Russia thing.

Translation (IMHO): "I, Donald Trump, am a criminal and would not have appointed this man (even tho he was confirmed by others) if I knew that he would recuse himself and not get involved on the wrong side of the law and history and defend my crimes"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 07:47 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
So far Trump is demonstrating (by his own admission) a complete inability to appoint the right people for the right job.

His judgement is lacking there.

Another fail for him and his administration if Sessions is at fault.........

Just saying....

Old 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
To be fair, the more recent tweets seem different than earlier ones. Like someone trying to imitate him but not quit getting it.

Not quite getting it would be a perfect imitation of Trump.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Though, to be fair, refusing to resign is the first thing I've ever admired about Sessions.

Stay strong, Beauregard.

I agree. Not a fan ~ but he should stay. He does seem very busy trying to carry out Trump's ugly agenda AND he was the first Senator/government official to speak out in favor of Trump.

But like all those who have ~ Trump is about to throw him to the wolves. He demands loyalty to HIMSELF but he sure doesn't give loyalty to those that were loyal to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some reading on the issue. Trump and Russia, Clinton and Ukraine: How do they compare? | PolitiFact

But here's the thing. Isn't this turning out to be more of a Watergate. The President and his gang may not have been really aggressively trying to collude with the Russians but they have been very aggressive in lying or misrepresenting their contact.

That's the thing for me. I never believed that there was a collusion issue but I now trust this administration less. They have purposely left out and lied about meetings, contacts, etc.
I mean; that's the thing. I never really did either. Well, I thought maybe Flynn and Manafort did. But with ALL the lies, cover ups, firing of Comey, and now the threat to fire Sessions - I'm beginning to think Trump really does have much to hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So entertaining!

tRump is a tiger in tweets but a coward in person.

Go ahead, Donny-boy. Fire Sessions. He's a lousy AG and a snotty little creep who needs to crawl back under his rock. No one will ever miss him. Like you, he's a disgrace to the office.

And then appoint some jerk who's even worse and try to get him to dispose of Mueller's investigation.

Then, we can all enjoy the fallout as you and your family of squirming weasels get flushed from the White House.

This just keeps getting better.

I mean, it cannot be beat for the sheer entertainment value.

Isn't Trump supposed to be so GREAT at firing people? Or was that just all pretend for the Apprentice show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's clear that rump is very willing to sacrifice something he doesn't value (the presidency) in order to preserve something that's much more important to him (his family's fortune). So, he's acting accordingly.

He finagles a way to get rid of Muller and his term in the WH collapses in ruins. But his illegal Russian finances remain hidden and he remains unindicted. He sees that as a good trade-off, because presidentin' is no fun for him.

No fun at all.
He doesn't give two chits about the office of the Presidency, what happens to this country OR the fate of the american people ~ so long as the money keeps rolling in for him.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
this guy keeps hiring people then getting upset when they do their job?

Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Trump is such an absolute hypocrite. He was tweeting yesterday about loyalty. It seems that is just a one way street with him as the only loyalty that counts is that to him. I myself don't care much for Sessions and never have. he however was the first senator to support Trump and has been very loyal to him (I am sure he did not want to recuse himself). Trump could however care less. He is trashing him.

Trump is totally unfocused. On the big day for healthcare, he is tweeting about Sessions and his PR guy is indicating that he (Trump) probably wants him gone. Republicans in congress must be shaking their heads in disbelief. He distracts from their agenda and they can see he will not support them and have their back. You can start to see them putting more distance between themselves and the president.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I don't like Sessions, the sooner he's gone the better, regardless of his Trump relationship. I see a parallel here with Comey and Sessions. Democrats couldn't stand either one of them until Trump didn't want them anymore, now they want to defend them. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The only thing Dems need now is evidence President Trump colluded, so far there's nothing there but partisan rumors and conjecture.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:46 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
.....and Trump wonders why nobody's loyal to him. Great mystery of the universe, ain't it?

Old 07-25-2017, 10:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
But is loyalty what we American voters want or do we want people in office that will conduct their business and their responsibilities within the parameters of the office -- not at the will of the President.

That's what the President doesn't get. He did not 'win' a sovereign position. He won the President of the USA to represent all Americans and work with the House and Senate to implement policies that benefit Americans...not just some willy nilly mandate that says the President is winning.

People in Washington DC are NOT there to serve the President. They are there to serve the American people.

Old 07-25-2017, 10:37 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Stay strong, Beauregard.
That is especially funny if you say it in Vivien Leigh's voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies