Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:29 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times

Advertisements

I did not vote for Trump. I am a libertarian. However he is the POTUS and I have defended him to salacious unproven rumors, the so called leaks that have gone on for months. Whats fair is fair.

But when Trump does things that clearly do not benefit America or Americans and are only done to help himself I will be the first one to criticize. Like the way he fired Comey. And the fact that he fired Comey.

So Trump goes to twitter and publicly rebukes his AG. I am not a big fan of Sessions but he has been one of Trumps most loyal allies from the very start of the campaign. When you have a managerial position no matter if its McDonalds, the DMV or in the White House there are ways to properly handle situations like this. Years ago I worked for someone who would talk about issues they were having with an employee to the other employees. It created a toxic environment and caused unnecessary turnover. I ended up working somewhere else because I could not work for someone who did things that way.

We have a situation where the Obamacare repeal replace is on life support. Trump attacks a popular ex Senator among the senate GOP. It is probably unlikely to pass regardless but why now make adversaries in the Senate?

What Trump did was a very Sophomoric, selfish move done out of spite. Not something that a person with 40 years in business should ever do.

I don't care if Trump stays or goes. I would like to see tax reform pass. I think it would be good for the country despite all the lies from the left claiming it will only help billionaires. I would like to see border security improved. Mexico had the most murders in any month in 20 years in June.

Yet nothing will get done if Trump decides the priority is getting publicly even with people he is upset with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 08:37 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,217,766 times
Trump has narcissistic personality disorder and has apparently never been held accountable for anything his entire life. The daily clown show of his presidency is the result.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:41 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
OP, it isn't spite that is causing Trump to lash out at his own AG, it's fear. He thought he chose a loyal lapdog who would shield him from his crimes, but Sessions won't do it. So he wants him gone so he can put the proper sycophant in the job and stop the investigation. That's not sophmoric, it's sinister. We should all be concerned.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:47 AM

57,220 posts, read 26,166,435 times
I didn't vote for Trump but I thought he would turn for the better after the election, this is maddening. I thought he would be good for getting infrastructure done and tax reform accomplished but he has done nothing in that respect. He has created a toxic environment even within his own cabinet and staff. Spicer and Sessions were his most loyal supporters and this is how he treats them, also heard Tillerson wants out.

I just could not imagine the climate for the people working there having to put up with Trump, Bannon and Kushner making decisions.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
OP, it isn't spite that is causing Trump to lash out at his own AG, it's fear. He thought he chose a loyal lapdog who would shield him from his crimes, but Sessions won't do it. So he wants him gone so he can put the proper sycophant in the job and stop the investigation. That's not sophmoric, it's sinister. We should all be concerned.
Its one thing to fire Comey or Sessions its another thing to fire Comey and letting him find out from a TV broadcast or turn to twitter and make his issues with Sessions public. That part is spite and highly unprofessional.

My feeling is there is something going on behind the scenes that has Trump upset with Sessions. He recused himself months ago so why now is it blowing up? If I was to guess Trump wants to fire Mueller and Sessions won't back him up. Trump cannot fire Mueller directly he needs Rothstein to do it and he is probably pressuring Sessions to push Rothstein.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:49 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not sure that "fear" is the primary motivator. I don't think Trump is afraid of anything, because he has convinced himself that he can overcome anything and he will always end up being the winner, because he believes he can destroy anyone or anything opposing him. I see the prime motivation as simple power and control, mixed with vengeance. He is going to make an example out of Sessions, this is gutter level mafioso thinking - nothing more complicated than that.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Sessions was supposed to unleash hell on the Clintons.
Sessions is a disgrace.
Rudy is the man for AG.
Rudy will end the Clintons, forever.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not sure that "fear" is the primary motivator. I don't think Trump is afraid of anything, because he has convinced himself that he can overcome anything and he will always end up being the winner. I see the prime motivation as simple power and control, mixed with vengeance. He is going to make an example out of Sessions, this is mafioso thinking, gutter level behavior - nothing more complicated than that.
And that might work in the private sector but it doesn't work in politics.

He's used to being a dictator and he's not doing very well learning to adapt to public service.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:59 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not sure that "fear" is the primary motivator. I don't think Trump is afraid of anything, because he has convinced himself that he can overcome anything and he will always end up being the winner, because he believes he can destroy anyone or anything opposing him. I see the prime motivation as simple power and control, mixed with vengeance. He is going to make an example out of Sessions, this is gutter level mafioso thinking - nothing more complicated than that.
I disagree. I think Trump is very afraid of Mueller digging into his finances.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Sessions was supposed to unleash hell on the Clintons.
Sessions is a disgrace.
Rudy is the man for AG.
Rudy will end the Clintons, forever.
I believe yesterday Rudy said he would not take the AG job if offered.

I think hiring an AG simply so they can go after your politcal rival is a bit scary.

Trump said a couple weeks after the election he had no interest in going after Hillary.

Donald Trump won't pursue Hillary Clinton investigations as president - Washington Times

How about if Trump focuses on the campaign promises that could be good for America and let the Hillary thing go. It goes back to spite. He is under investigation so Hillary should be also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies