Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 04:28 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nah, the base is 20-35
No, we're talking average age, not average IQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 04:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Haha. The majority of his 'reliable base' is in the age range of 65 to 90.

So by 2024--well you do the math.

Anyone thinking a bunch of millennials will vote for the princess is living in a dream world.
There won't be people over 65 in 2024? Are you sure?

I don't think Trump will make it 8 years. I doubt he will run in 2020.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:34 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
So Trump dropped to 42% approval in today's Rassmussen, a poll he was touting just a couple weeks ago when it had him at 50-50.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Nothing can stop her.
She has everything in her favor.
She'll retain President Trump's loyal and uniquely energized base, and also acquire some Democrats (as many believe she is a Democrat).
She's intelligent, poised and gaining valuable White House experience and connections.
Plus she'll be the most attractive candidate of all-time, can't hurt.
Your calculations don't take into account the number of swing votes that won Trump the Presidency...they aren't his 'base'...they are part of the 65% who disapprove of his performance.

They will not feel disloyal at all by not voting for him or another Republican if the health care plan doesn't vastly improve things for all of them.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:42 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Nothing can stop her.
She has everything in her favor.
She'll retain President Trump's loyal and uniquely energized base, and also acquire some Democrats (as many believe she is a Democrat).
She's intelligent, poised and gaining valuable White House experience and connections.
Plus she'll be the most attractive candidate of all-time, can't hurt.
Crack kills man.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
I never said Trump was a boy scout, I was referring to the speech he gave to the boy scouts and the raucously rousing reception they gave him throughout, an indication that he doesn't just appeal to older generations (Enigma777 implied the Trump base wouldn't be alive to vote for Ivanka 2024).
If you are counting on those Boy Scouts voting for Ivanka, because they were polite to a president, you better go back to the drawing board.

Most guys don't vote based on how hot someone is, although I'm sure there are some Trump voters who would.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:45 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
No, we're talking average age, not average IQ.
Who was memeing the left to oblivion? Not those old foagies...

Alot of his base is +/- 5 years my age...

Old 07-25-2017, 04:47 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Because he's not a boy.
What man wants to be reverent, clean, thrifty, cheerful, courteous and obedient?
Bingo!

What MAN wants to be irreverent, dirty, squander all his money, mean, discourteous to the point of obscenity and disobedient to the laws of the land? YOUR man. Our country has come to a sorry pass indeed when these are the values that roughly 35% of its citizens extol. These are not American values. These are the values of an authoritarian narcissist who can extol only himself and seeks only his only self-aggrandizement and self enrichment through openly illegal activities in the highest office of the land.

Quote:
True, not all of President Trump's base will vote for Ivanka, but she'll bring back fond memories of him, and that'll help on a semi-subconscious level.
Plus a lot of President Trump's base also like Ivanka.
Also I think she is more admirable to females than Hillary was, so she'll get a lot of female votes.
She's a great combination of grace and grit.
Most women hold Ivanka Trump in contempt. She's a rich little Daddy's girl who would be nothing except for the accident of birth. And grit? Surely, you jest. If that woman had to go through the things that most ordinary women do everyday, she be a whimpering shadow hidden in a corner. I'd like to see just what she'd do if she suddenly found herself stripped of all her wealth and was forced to stand on her own two feet. She'd fall over, that's what. She may be your heart's desire, but don't think for a moment that the majority of American women are as foolish as male Trump supporters.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There won't be people over 65 in 2024? Are you sure?

I don't think Trump will make it 8 years. I doubt he will run in 2020.
I love how you just revise what I said into something I did not state.

I suspect that if you look at the statistics of how many of those who are Trump supporters, between the ages of 65 and 90, will still be up around and voting in 2024, you will find that it is not enough to support the princess as president simply because she is Trump's daughter.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I love how you just revise what I said into something I did not state.

I suspect that if you look at the statistics of how many of those who are Trump supporters, between the ages of 65 and 90, will still be up around and voting in 2024, you will find that it is not enough to support the princess as president simply because she is Trump's daughter.
People tend to get more conservative as they age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies