Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 06:51 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,396,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
IF you REALLY cared about this country then you would of never voted him into office. There were other choices besides Hillary.
IF you REALLY cared about this country, then you would have never voted for Hillary Clinton. The choice was CLEAR, Trump was the only one running who would shake up Washingon and the political MSM elite.

I get why the Trump Deranged are endlessly outraged as demonstrated by the OP. They lost. And the fact remains, that Trump can travel to the real world, the world not brought to you by the MSM, and he can fill a 7,000 seat venue beyond capacity, with another 13,000 watching on TV outside.

This speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 07:47 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,962,855 times
why not? the OP certainly does.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:01 AM

8,296 posts, read 3,871,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
At Trump's ridiculous "rally", he's attacking protesters, telling them to go back to mommy and they have a weak voice (ironic considering how soft spoken Kushner is).

He also said he's the most presidential of anyone in history except Lincoln.

Why is it ok for a 71 year old leader of the US to behave like this? When did the high school bully mentality become the moral, appropriate way to conduct oneself?
Not sure if whether it is "appropriate" is the right question to ask. I think we all have opinions about that. The real question is whether such behavior is USEFUL. Does it make our nation stronger or safer? Does this help us set a direction for future prosperity? Does it bring the nation together and help build alliances?

The answer is that Trump's behavior does none of those things. Maybe his juvenile approach to dealing with opposition would work in a dictatorship or authoritarian state - but in a democratic nation like the USA it falls flat. He will become more and more marginalized and finally he will only be left with boot-lickers, yes-men, and the fully brainwashed hard liners in his "base". And the rest of us will suffer through 3 1/2 more years without a national leader.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:07 AM

14,863 posts, read 8,147,743 times
Isn't politics nothing but the most obvious and blatant hypocrisy on the planet? Both politics parties, all political parties, in all countries, are nothing but hypocrites. And even when they get called out on the hypocrisy, what do they do? They justify it. Saying, "Yeah well, the other side are hypocrites too!!!".

Why do they do this? Because it works!!!

If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it. The question then is, why does it work?

Because men aren't angels. If men were angels, it wouldn't work. And men will never be angels. At least not in this world. And all attempts to make them so, will fail. Just as it always has.

As the old saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". And so long as Trump remains the enemy of my enemy, even if he isn't my friend, why wouldn't I support him?

Quote:
"How we live is so different from how we ought to live that he who studies what ought to be done rather than what is done will learn the way to his downfall rather than to his preservation." - Niccolo Machievelli, 1469-1527 AD

Old 07-27-2017, 09:15 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,636,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Are you blabbering about those emails that were released last year? The ones that tRump's Russky pals hacked and he asked them to release?

The ones that revealed nothing but some internal DNC squabbling?

You know, the ones that Pubs sat around speculating so long over. The ones they were certain would put Hillary in jail.

Those emails?

Now, back to the topic: very amusing how Russiagate is consuming tRump and Co.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:43 AM

25,296 posts, read 18,439,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Is it appropriate for Trump to bully and insult people every day?
Was it appropriate for the last presidential regime to slowly strip away the liberties guaranteed by the constitution? Was it appropriate to disaffect a huge slice of the American populace?

Evidently not. You are now reaping the rewards of the seeds you've sewn for the past eight years. The chickens have come Hooooommmmmeee to roost, baby! Enjoy it as much as the rest of us enjoyed the last eight years.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,385,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Was it appropriate for the last presidential regime to slowly strip away the liberties guaranteed by the constitution? Was it appropriate to disaffect a huge slice of the American populace?

Evidently not. You are now reaping the rewards of the seeds you've sewn for the past eight years. The chickens have come Hooooommmmmeee to roost, baby! Enjoy it as much as the rest of us enjoyed the last eight years.

Please list these "constitutional liberties" you boldly claim we've lost.

Thank you.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:58 AM

25,296 posts, read 18,439,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please list these "constitutional liberties" you boldly claim we've lost.

Thank you.

Being forced to purchase a product from a private corporation or entity. If not specifically addressed in the founding documents, it was certainly not in harmony with any of them. Should the government also be able to force me to buy a home? A car? A new big screen TV? That would be no different, so I guess they should be able to force me to buy those things, right? They should be able to force me to buy anything they deem appropriate. Nothing like 21st century slavery... worse than the old kind.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:58 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,296,268 times
Default Is it appropriate for Trump to bully and insult people every day?

When I see an adult use the word bully I cringe. It's such a childish word and what Trump said about the protester is most likely the truth.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:05 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,091,128 times
Yes, just as appropriate as it is for the media to lie everyday, and for liberals to kick, scream, and cry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies