Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
The transchick in the story was playing with fire, and so is every other transchick that does not disclose their status to potential mates, as the story above illustrates. Some men become homicidal over this. The truth is that being trans is dangerous. Being a transchick and dating a man can be very dangerous. Being a transchick and dating a man and not making him aware of your status is flat out stupid. Almost 'Too Dumb To Live' stupid. This guy should have gotten himself out of the situation, and away from her as soon as she told him. She should have fully disclosed her status before things went anywhere. She did not deserve this, but she could have avoided all of this by using common sense.
Playing devil's advocate for a moment.

She may have originally had every intention of disclosing her status, but then things got heated up quickly and the next thing she knew....

Sure, she should have disclosed it first, but sometimes people have poor judgement at the wrong time.

In the end, it's very tragic.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Couple things:

1) A good lawyer might be able to push the angle that the misrepresentation voids consent and that Mr. Stabs was raped.

2) 119 clearly shows the guy "lost it". How he reacted afterwards, remorse shown and other behaviors would impact things greatly but it's a reasonable basis for an insanity plea especially if he has an otherwise clean record. Not saying he would or should get it but it would be within consideration by the courts pending other evidence and professional evaluation.
FYI, he was sentenced to 40 years.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:44 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
FYI, he was sentenced to 40 years.
Yep, I'm just throwing out possibilities in the general case.

Attempting to cover the thing up and other factors would doom the psych defense in a specific case.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:47 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
BUT, she should have been honest with the guy before they became intimate. Most men are not going to want to be intimate with a transsexual, that is just the reality. I'm not saying his behavior was in any way justified but, transsexuals know from personal experience that there is a lot of violence directed upon them. For her to engage in sex with this man and tell him after the fact was not only dishonest, it was stupid.
We're in full agreement.

Quote:
I have no issue with transsexuals other than I feel sorry for them - it has to be a tremendous life long struggle to feel you were born into the wrong body.
I appreciate the sentiment, thank you.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:47 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
119 times?? Anything over 20 times is excessive, and he needs to be dealt with.
Seriously? Maybe that is how OJ got off. Only stabbed Nicole 18 times, therefore not a crime.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Playing devil's advocate for a moment.

She may have originally had every intention of disclosing her status, but then things got heated up quickly and the next thing she knew....

Sure, she should have disclosed it first, but sometimes people have poor judgement at the wrong time.

In the end, it's very tragic.
I get that, and I totally agree, but still, she should have told them as soon as he showed interest. But I agree, sometimes its hard to think clearly when emotions are involved. Staying single is the safest option, though terribly lonely at times. Which is one of the reasons I won't even try to date. I tell people even if they just want to be friends, because I know that some people wouldn't even want to be friends with a transperson and I don't want to put myself at risk unnecessarily.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Seriously? Maybe that is how OJ got off. Only stabbed Nicole 18 times, therefore not a crime.
Erotophonophiliac? Never would have saw that coming.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:03 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Yeah, I just imagine OJ counting...1...2....3....6....wait 4....oh crap I lost count...better not go over 20.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:08 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
Some people are disgusting.

HATE should be killed, not people who identify differently.

The woman should have absolutely been up front and honest about herself, but lying about who you are is hardly grounds for murder. If that were true, then every guy who pretends to be single or a doctor, or every woman who says she was a model or had no kids or whatever! on internet dating should likewise be stabbed.

He deserved the 40 years, if not more.

I know trans people. They're just people, not monsters, not freaks. They want to be accepted and loved and find great parking spaces and enjoy a burger and get a raise and have neat hair and go bowling and whatever... just like everyone else. To call for their extermination, as someone in this thread did, is vile.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:10 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Transsexual or not, going to a hotel room with a stranger is beyond dangerous and potentially deadly. Whigam made a terrible decision to go there with Hickerson.

Killing someone for pretending to be female is outrageous, sick, and cruel. The transsexual didn't deserve to die because of a lie no matter how angry Whigam's deception made Hickerson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies