Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 11:06 AM

58,944 posts, read 27,261,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Poll: Half of Trump voters say Trump won popular vote - POLITICO

The modern day flat-earthers.

To Democrats: Let's just accept the fact that Trump's cult base will NEVER come around to reality. These people need to be shamed constantly just like we do with the KKK or Nazis. These are evil, delusional people who will never accept facts or reality. They can not be reasoned with.

I'm tired of us pretending they will eventually come around. View them as they are: Modern day Nazis; a cult of people hell-bent on destroying the country.
"
Note:
Group proportions may total to larger than one-hundred percent due to rounding. All statistics are calcu-lated with demographic post-stratification weights applied."

So, how did they "weigh the pol?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 11:07 AM

34,227 posts, read 18,558,636 times
Who cares? Last time I checked, the popular vote didn't matter. We are a Constitutional Representative Republic, not a Democracy.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:08 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,888,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This isn't surprising. I'm pretty sure that at least half of them don't even know what "popular vote" means.
I think that is likely true I've observed these people responding to questions on panels and on one to one interviews it appears that a significant percentage of these are not sophisticated or intelligent they absolutely can't come up with a rational argument to defend their conspiracy theories. Many of them are dumb as a box of rocks and they sound most intelligent when they cite talking points that have been engraved into their memory. They're still chanting "lock her up" like a bunch of uncivilized apes.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I think that is likely true I've observed these people responding to questions on panels and on one to one interviews it appears that a significant percentage of these are not sophisticated or intelligent they absolutely can't come up with a rational argument to defend their conspiracy theories. Many of them are dumb as a box of rocks and they sound most intelligent when they cite talking points that have been engraved into their memory. They're still chanting "lock her up" like a bunch of uncivilized apes.
OK, one guy has called us Trump voters Nazi's, now you are saying Apes.
What next?

Old 07-26-2017, 11:14 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Quote:
The whole country lost. Trump supporters are still Nazis.
First, the term Nazi leaves a bad taste when you call someone by that.

What the supporter's are doing is showing a fascist side of the GOP. The ultra conservative side.

A small narrow minded side.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:18 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
who cares? Racking up the vote in California does not matter. Maybe liberals should spend more time trying to change the Constitution to remove the Electoral College instead of crying about Russians and transgenders
Maybe you should spend time reading the thread title and its OP? This has nothing to do with "liberals" and everything to do with how gullible and naive Trump's voters are. 50% of them think Trump won the total vote. When he obviously did not.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Poll: Half of Trump voters say Trump won popular vote - POLITICO

The modern day flat-earthers.

To Democrats: Let's just accept the fact that Trump's cult base will NEVER come around to reality. These people need to be shamed constantly just like we do with the KKK or Nazis. These are evil, delusional people who will never accept facts or reality. They can not be reasoned with.

I'm tired of us pretending they will eventually come around. View them as they are: Modern day Nazis; a cult of people hell-bent on destroying the country.
I keep waiting for you Leftists to come around to reality, but I'm not holding my breath.

The popular vote is irrelevant, because we are a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Our election system was established to ensure that highly populated areas do not decide the winner, but every vote counts equally. Further, the President of the United States is not a representative of the people, but he represents the States. If he were to be elected based on the popular nationwide vote, he wouldn't bother campaigning anywhere but in those highly populated areas; thus, people in less densely populated areas would be disenfranchised, their votes being meaningless.

Trump did win the most State elections, and that's why he is president.

I wonder if the Leftists will ever learn how our system works and why? Probably not. They do not know history, and are unwilling to learn from it.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
who cares? Racking up the vote in California does not matter. Maybe liberals should spend more time trying to change the Constitution to remove the Electoral College instead of crying about Russians and transgenders
Eliminating the Electoral College system would be a huge mistake. Our Framers were more wise than today's Leftists. They knew their history, and they created the system we have for a good reason.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Who cares? Last time I checked, the popular vote didn't matter. We are a Constitutional Representative Republic, not a Democracy.
Trump cares... A lot. He can't handle losing the popular vote, which is why he constantly talks about it and set up a fake commission to investigate it.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:25 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
First, the term Nazi leaves a bad taste when you call someone by that.

What the supporter's are doing is showing a fascist side of the GOP. The ultra conservative side.

A small narrow minded side.
Well Nazism was Fascism. They're following all 14 traits of fascism hanging in the Holocaust Museum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies