Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select all that apply.
Transgenders should be allowed to serve in the military, but without special accommodations 30 50.85%
Transgenders should be allowed to serve in the military, WITH special accommodations 8 13.56%
Transgenders should be allowed to use whichever restroom they want 22 37.29%
Transgenders should be allowed to legally change their gender AFTER surgery 30 50.85%
Transgenders should be allowed to legally change their gender BEFORE surgery 18 30.51%
Transgenders should not be considered mentally ill 26 44.07%
Transgenders should be free from physical/verbal harassment 38 64.41%
I would accept a relative who came out as transgender 39 66.10%
I would be friends with someone I knew was transgender, provided I'd otherwise be friends with them anyway. 41 69.49%
I'm okay with public schools teaching about LGBT, including transgenders, in health/sex ed classes. 27 45.76%
I think public businesses should be required to serve transgenders as any other customer. 32 54.24%
I think private businesses should be required to serve transgenders as any other customer. 24 40.68%
I don't agree with any of the above. 12 20.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Simple question:

If you are a man: If a transgender woman (sexually a male, but identifies as a woman) walks into a men's restroom, what would your reaction to that be?

If you are a woman: If a transgender man (sexually a female, but identifies as a man) walks into a women's restroom, what would your reaction to that be?

If you have an issue with them using the restroom of their gender, what do you recommend they do? Not go to the bathroom?

By the way, I'm being 100% sincere - this is not a "gotcha" question. These are the scenarios that transgender people face every single day. Have some empathy and think of their situation.
That already happens and I never seen anyone react badly to it so far. Gay women also use a women's bathroom, gay men use men's bathrooms and nobody says a thing. It would depend if they actually had the sex change. If so, go where your part fits. Before that, use the same rule. Which ever part you've got.

Things happen on rare occasion to anyone in a bathroom. That's just a crime committed.

I think in this day and age, with all the gender issues, gender fluidity, etc. We should start making a row of single bathrooms that aren't gender specific. Instead of stalls, just closed up cells for any gender. That should take care of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 06:48 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
And how would you feel if you were born in the opposite gender you're in now???

I'm always interested in when someone takes such a hard, mean response but never thinks of what if you were in their shoes. I know I'd be miserable as a man. I'm a girl through and through.

I wish people weren't so judgmental.
You can't really be born into the wrong gender. You just decide later that you don't feel comfortable in the gender you got. Some people don't feel comfortable being born into a white, black or hispanic or Asian body. Some people don't feel good being born in to a family with or without siblings. Some people don't feel good about being alive.

It sucks to be uncomfortable and we try to change our surroundings or even our looks to match but in reality a lot of us aren't happy with what we got naturally. Just ask those who were born with small boobs or a large nose. If you can change it great! Science is a wonderful thing. But, you can't be born the wrong gender or person.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:50 PM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPetrov View Post
It just happens the majority of peopel agree with me though.

We have thousands of years of human history in which there was a universal understanding of what a man is and what a woman is. Christians, jews, muslims atheists etc everyone bought into it and now we're supposed to change those definitions to make .000001 percent of the population feel comfortable in their own skin and if we don't they have the right to call us hateful bigots and trash our character

F---- THAT!

You marxists have finally stepped over the line. Enjoy the backlash.
Haha. If people are not secure and feel uncomfortable. They need the help. See I don't agree or disagree of what each person feels or not, tween them and God, family etc c. but they will be respected and esteemed as human beings. God asks us to love, can't ,,,least be an adult and tolerate.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Which rights do you think transgenders should(n't) have?

Long poll, but it seems like people have different things in mind when "transgender rights" are discussed.

By "public businesses", I meant government agencies - oops.
The left can't seem to comprehend that it's not "all or nothing". SOME on the right are 'all or nothing'. Some on the left are NOT "all or nothing". I've seen some lefties on that thread about Trump banning trans who also do not agree with trans in the military.

I only care about 3 things:

1) Do not push your children towards being a trans by your suggestion and flat out telling them that they are just because they play with "boys toys" or "girls toys" or "dress up like a boy" or "dress up like a girl".

Let them be kids and leave them the hell alone.

IF they are actually suffering from gender dysphoria, WITHOUT parental prompting, they will address it when they are older and understand more what it means to be male or female. Boys and girls only understand that boys are mean and dirty and girls scream and have cooties. That's the extent of their understanding of the difference between boys and girls.

2) No Trans in the military. Most of them will be taking HRT (as it's called) the rest of their life. Going on them can cause problems, being on them can cause problems, going off of them can cause problems that one doesn't need in the middle of a battlefield. And when I say "problems" I'm not talking about the physical problems, I'm talking about the psychological problems that are well documented.

3) Stop telling people that this not a mental illness. It is. It's a mental illness to say you're genderless. It's mental illness to say you're a made up gender today and tomorrow you're another. It's mental illness to ask people to call you some made up pronoun and actually feel that you have the right to call them up on the carpet in front of HR because they have no idea wtf it is that you want. They're just trying to get work done. Stop the stupidity and trying to get people to accept mental illness as "normal".

Finally, if you still have working male parts, stay the hell out of my bathroom.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Simple question:

If you are a man: If a transgender woman (sexually a male, but identifies as a woman) walks into a men's restroom, what would your reaction to that be?

If you are a woman: If a transgender man (sexually a female, but identifies as a man) walks into a women's restroom, what would your reaction to that be?

If you have an issue with them using the restroom of their gender, what do you recommend they do? Not go to the bathroom?

By the way, I'm being 100% sincere - this is not a "gotcha" question. These are the scenarios that transgender people face every single day. Have some empathy and think of their situation.
Seek mental therapy.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:21 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
An excellent poll ruined by being public. I am not a fan of public polls.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:22 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
If you're not mentally well enough to figure out if you're a man or a woman, you're not mentally well enough to serve in the military.

If you're committed enough to becoming the other sex to have yourself medically altered from one to the other, I figure you're entitled to have your legal designation changed to that sex. And maybe serve in the military as that sex provided you can meet the physical requirements.

There's no reason to harass anyone who isn't making a nuisance of themselves.

I will still accept a relative who "comes out" as "the other sex" but I would be hard-pressed to go along with the charade unless they go through with the full medical transformation.

No problem being friends with a transgender as long as they don't insist I play along with their self-delusion.

I'm not sure what the distinction is between a "public business" and a "private business." If a "public business" is a government-affiliated entity, then it shouldn't be discriminating against anyone. A private business should be allowed to discriminate against anyone they want though I can't think of any reason why a business would want to discriminate against transgenders who aren't making a nuisance of themselves.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:25 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
the poll is rigged to be pro trangender.

what ever happen to, you have a dick your a male, period.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:27 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Ben Shapiro had an interesting Tweet about transgender rights and the military

No one has the "right" to serve in the military. People are 4F for a variety of reasons. Mental illness can be such a reason

https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapir...nother-view%2F

Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Transgenders should be allowed to serve in the military, but without special accommodations

No because once they are serving in the military, the military is obligated to pay for their treatments. (admit it or not)

Transgenders should be allowed to serve in the military, WITH special accommodations

No. One rule for all, no exception

Transgenders should be allowed to use whichever restroom they want

No opinion. Have to think about this one. Most likely, I would say yes

Transgenders should be allowed to legally change their gender AFTER surgery

Okay, I have no problems with that

Transgenders should be allowed to legally change their gender BEFORE surgery

Whatever, I have no problem with that

Transgenders should not be considered mentally ill

Don't know. I don't think I am qualified to diagnose them.

Transgenders should be free from physical/verbal harassment

Yes

I would accept a relative who came out as transgender

Yes

I would be friends with someone I knew was transgender, provided I'd otherwise be friends with them anyway.

uh huh

I'm okay with public schools teaching about LGBT, including transgenders, in health/sex ed classes.

Okay

I think public businesses should be required to serve transgenders as any other customer.

Yes

I think private businesses should be required to serve transgenders as any other customer.

No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies