Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:07 AM

218 posts, read 171,991 times

Advertisements

I know that when electing politicians people try to elect those that genuinely care about the welfare of your average joe/jane, but honestly, do you think any of them do? Considering none of them have to deal with the same issues that the common person deals with?

Unlike the vast majority, politicians never have to worry about putting food on the table, they never have to worry about having a roof over their head, they never have to worry about any medical costs no matter what health issues they have, they never have to worry about the education any of their kids have, they never have to worry about...pretty much anything and everything your average joe/jane has to worry about.

How can we honestly expect any politicians to honestly work for our best interests when none have to deal with the same issues or deal with the same concerns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 03:10 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Only leverage we hold over them is they want to be elected but Soros has more power than we do because he holds the money bag. Or does he? His money didn't help Clinton. Send them a letter and tell them what will happen if they don't start doing their job. Then tell them what you want done.

I want Obamacare repealed.
I want Medicare left alone.
I want health insurance to be like it was in 1966.
I want banks to not be allowed floating interest rates because that idea is stupid and not user friendly.
I want student loans stopped. If you can't figure out how to finance your education you aren't smart enough to have a college education.
I want food stamps stopped and food distribution to come from government like it used to and stop the fraud to the taxpayer.
I want illegals deported ASAP.
No more corporate or personal welfare. Build free public housing instead. People who cannot manage enough money to take care of themselves shouldn't have their hands on taxpayer money to mismanage.
Children of parents who cannot take care of them should be put in orphanages so they will be taken care of instead of the parents using money meant for the children for drugs and they go hungry and uncared for.
A little common sense goes a long way. Yes, take us back to the 50's. It was a better time.

Last edited by NCN; 07-27-2017 at 03:25 AM..

Old 07-27-2017, 03:39 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
No, they will say anything to get elected and then do anything to get reelected.

They are the elites and if you are not one of them you are a product to be used as necessary. Non elites need to shut up and accept it without questioning. That is what is expected by elites.

Journalism that embodies the plutocracy, it’s supposed to critique, has failed its watchdog duty and lost the respect of people who call bull**** when they see it.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...lass-americans

Old 07-27-2017, 04:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Only leverage we hold over them is they want to be elected but Soros has more power than we do because he holds the money bag. Or does he? His money didn't help Clinton. Send them a letter and tell them what will happen if they don't start doing their job. Then tell them what you want done.

I want Obamacare repealed.
I want Medicare left alone.
I want health insurance to be like it was in 1966.
I want banks to not be allowed floating interest rates because that idea is stupid and not user friendly.
I want student loans stopped. If you can't figure out how to finance your education you aren't smart enough to have a college education.
I want food stamps stopped and food distribution to come from government like it used to and stop the fraud to the taxpayer.
I want illegals deported ASAP.
No more corporate or personal welfare. Build free public housing instead. People who cannot manage enough money to take care of themselves shouldn't have their hands on taxpayer money to mismanage.
Children of parents who cannot take care of them should be put in orphanages so they will be taken care of instead of the parents using money meant for the children for drugs and they go hungry and uncared for.
A little common sense goes a long way. Yes, take us back to the 50's. It was a better time.
50's were a better time for some.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:23 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,650,865 times
Please send the conservatives back to the 50s. Then they would have no internet access.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:49 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
No.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:51 AM

35,660 posts, read 21,025,987 times
I think some are genuine and want to fix things-- and in the start yes- but get caught in the web. In Rome you do as the Romans

Old 07-27-2017, 06:23 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
No.

Megalomania is a condition in which empathy is nonexistent.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 AM

50,329 posts, read 63,895,871 times
I just heard the statistic that members of congress spend 90% of their time fundraising and 10% working. If this is true, it is no wonder nothing ever gets done.

Jason Chavez a representative from Utah, who I think is among the best and brightest, just resigned from the job, because he was so frustrated by the do nothings in Washington.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:36 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,650,865 times
As long as bribery is considered free speech, the rich get richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies