Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 09:54 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Transgender kids=creepy, whacked in the head liberal parents projecting their insanity onto innocent children.
Honestly, I can't imagine being trapped in a body that feels alien to you. You try and fit in but you never really do, you just go through the motions and try to do what people expect of you. Decades ago this would be scandalous just like admitting you are gay. But thank god our society is changing where most of us accept people for who they are and don't judge. If some don't like it then they can mind their own business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:55 PM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
This is probably something they are not asking for. Must be difficult decision for a mother to make.

These people sound desperate and I try not to judge them. This said, I thought pap smear was bad enough. Maybe they should wait till the kids growing up to do the sex change operation?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I can't imagine being trapped in a body that feels alien to you. You try and fit in but you never really do, you just go through the motions and try to do what people expect of you. Decades ago this would be scandalous just like admitting you are gay. But thank god our society is changing where most of us accept people for who they are and don't judge. If some don't like it then they can mind their own business.
I don't even like being trapped in ill-fitting shoes.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
My kid was just filling out a college survey for incoming freshman and he wanted to know what pansexual was. I wanted to know what kind of survey was he filling out. Turns out most of it was about sexual identity.

One of the questions was Do You Consider Yourself to Be:

1 Straight
2 Gay
3 Lesbian
4 Bisexual
5 Pansexual
6 ***** (hmm, need an edit here. Word begins with Q and ends with r)
7 Questioning or unsure
8 An orientation not listed

That was followed by Gender Identity - how do you describe yourself

1 Man
2 Woman
3 Trans man
4 Trans woman
5 Genderqueer/gender fluid
6 Questioning or unsure
7 A gender identity not listed (how many are there now?)

What got my dander up is What sex were you assigned at birth?

I mentioned all this to my sister, a university professor in the South and she said that's nothing, we ask lots more than that. The state and the feds want to know. She said sexuality is also considered as an admission criteria

Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Males = XY chromosomes
Females = XX chromosomes

Class dismissed. Saved you all the +$1000 and dozens of hours you would have spent to learn that in college. Now go out and spread the word to the woefully misguided/brainwashed/gender confused American public!

Someone needs a biology lesson. Androgen insensitivity syndrome means fetuses that are XY never develop as males. They are not just physically female, they are typically hyperfeminine as they are completely immune to even the trace amounts of testosterone genetically typical women.

Another single point mutation, alpha 5 reductase syndrome causes fetuses that are genetically male to be born female, and then when puberty hits they turn male.

Sex is NOT binary, sometimes not even in an individuals life time. Gender even less so.

End of lesson.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:25 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
This thread is based on a made-up story for all we know. No link to anything.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You heard wrong. It was in reference to children in foster care. Unfortunately the only link i can find right now is from Buzzfeed. https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro...VVa#.hhXgy9eeZ
If I'm wrong I'll happily accept that. I know Canada is liberal and all but they couldn't be that out there.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Someone needs a biology lesson. Androgen insensitivity syndrome means fetuses that are XY never develop as males. They are not just physically female, they are typically hyperfeminine as they are completely immune to even the trace amounts of testosterone genetically typical women.

Another single point mutation, alpha 5 reductase syndrome causes fetuses that are genetically male to be born female, and then when puberty hits they turn male.

Sex is NOT binary, sometimes not even in an individuals life time. Gender even less so.

End of lesson.
I think science has gone out the window with how complex and detrimental our environment has become and what the effect it is having on us. Or maybe it's the foods we eat. But something very wrong is happening to us. Why do we have so many teens committing suicide. Instead of focusing on a biology lesson we need to figure out what is going on in our society right now. This is just the beginning of a lesson because lessons never end

Old 08-13-2017, 11:03 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
If only life were so simple. But it isn't. There are hermaphrodite and other intersex individuals, people with chromosomal disorders such as Kleinfelter's and Turner's Syndrome, hormonal disturbances that can mask biological sex, transvestitism in addition to transgender, plus many other conditions that makes the concept of biological sex far more complicated than your little simplistic paragraph portrays.

Stop it.

In the absence of an anomaly, those "simplistic" xx/xy sex-identity chromosomes are correct. But we all knew it wouldn't be long before someone introduced the anomaly.

One cannot change one's sex, though the nonsense Newspeak about being "assigned" [insert sex] at birth is an attempt to lend credence to sex "reassignment"(get it?) surgery. None of which matters since surgery, a lifetime of suppressing natural hormones while administering cross-sex hormones, and any number of external devices don't change a thing. And the sex of individuals has been able to be determined by examining bones since time immemorial.

You see, it's a "science thing."

Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Stop it.

In the absence of an anomaly, those "simplistic" xx/xy sex-identity chromosomes are correct. But we all knew it wouldn't be long before someone introduced the anomaly.

One cannot change one's sex, though the nonsense Newspeak about being "assigned" [insert sex] at birth is an attempt to lend credence to sex "reassignment"(get it?) surgery. None of which matters since surgery, a lifetime of suppressing natural hormones while administering cross-sex hormones, and any number of external devices don't change a thing. And the sex of individuals has been able to be determined by examining bones since time immemorial.

You see, it's a "science thing."
Accept it and just move on. Do they have any affect on your life....doubtful so why should you concern yourself with it. Good grief, people just love to judge others without even knowing them. You are not superior to them nor will you ever will be because we are all equal. What people choose to do with their lives is no business of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies