Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:48 AM

810 posts, read 666,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What about when boys/men who "claim" to be transgender but are still anatomically male want to use girls'/women's multiple occupancy open changing/locker/shower rooms?

Just two examples, but this is happening across the country...

This transgender student has a penis and testicles. The MINOR girl students apparently have no say/rights in this matter:

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender dispute

The "transgender" but anatomically male student was given the use of a private unisex faculty locker/shower room facility, something other students would love to have but don't get, and rejected that. He's insisting on sporting his penis and testicles in the school girls' locker/shower room.

And...

Here's how this played out in a NYC Park District facility...

Transgender Bathroom Laws: NYC Parents Balk and Ask, Locker/Shower Rooms Too? | Time.com

Finally...

An example of what multiple occupancy open shower rooms look like in schools, park district facilities, public pool facilities, state parks, national parks, public campgrounds, etc., (locker rooms are similarly multiple occupance) so everyone can understand the problem of facilities "choice" that requires nothing more than one's "say so" on which gender they "identify" as, which may change from day to day or even hour to hour because declaring oneself to be "transgender" is not a permanent nor irrevocable status:

https://cdn1.lockerdomecdn.com/uploa...11a62ee3_large

So, yes, as we can clearly see, an anatomical male wanting to use girls'/women's facilities (and vice versa) DOES impact others.
These are very good backed examples. Absolute rat poison to liberals who want to ignore the sensibilities of naked little girls so a man can flaunt around with his hairy penis out

https://youtu.be/EVMOENGF0Gw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 10:32 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
And yet...inexplicably...here you are.

Yeah, that's the answer. We'll just wait it out until we fall into despair and turn to drugs, or even better, we off ourselves. That's a hell of a lot better than talking to a Psychiatrist and working this **** out, isn't it?

Yeah, I hear people say all kinds of dumb **** that isn't true too. But since Liberty already explained that to you, I'll stop here. Not that it'll make a bit of difference anyway.
Dial back your faux hostility. I didn't say anything out of line.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How many times is this horse going to get beat?

Hey, if it isn't affecting you, doesn't impact your life in any way, shape, or form, WHO GIVES A RATS PITOOT WHAT PEOPLE DO?

This whole topic is quickly becoming a topic for those that have to have something to gripe about, to gripe about.
Amen!

It about contest points more than anything else.

For children, I think this should fall under "special needs". I know quite a bite about that having a son with Down syndrome who is now an adult. He required psychological and medical info in order to have "special accommodations". Those "special accommodations" are worked out using the team, the parents, the student, teacher, principal, psychologist and anyone that any of those individuals want present to discuss the "special accommodations". This should be on an individual basis. I think that would work out well. Sure, you may have some others that will oppose what the team decides, but for the most part, I don't think there will be an issue.

As far as surgery, I don't think that would be appropriate for a child, but this child should be under the care of a physician and also a psychologist in the first place. If any sort of surgery were to be done, I would say the child would need to have the opinion of at least 2 psychologists and also should have presented with "transgendered" for several years. Again, it would be a team approach with lots of opinions in play to make sure this was coming from the individual and not be influenced by any outside influence.

Some parents are kind of nuts, like attention, I mean, look at those who suffer from Munchausen by proxy: Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome and that, must be ruled out. I know someone who was said to have this, and also a relative when I was a child, often missed, it is a sad situation for the child involved.

I cannot say that I understand "transgendered", but I am very well aware of highly complex human beings are and the many things that can malfunction when an embryo is going through the changes it makes before fully evolved. There are also so many poisons in our food, in our water, in the air......that I believe are now responsible for some of what we are seeing that falls outside the "norm". I have seen a lot of things that were extremely rare now becoming much more common. I expect this issue to not get better over time.

It is my belief that the "contest" accounts for so many threads about transgendered right now. There was some very good information in the links provided that do explain the "possibilities" when it comes to genetics. It is unfortunate that some can't be open to at least considering the possibility of genetic "errors", those happenings outside the "norm" of XX or XY, deviations not deviant.

I used to consider it "feelings" simply based on what the mind seemed to be saying and the body didn't agree. Someone clarified some of this for me to some degree. I don't feel it is a "mental illness" although I did at one time, I'm older so that is what was believed in the past.

My suggestion is to take the time to do some reading, stop the name calling, and keep your house in order and let others do the same.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
What does any of this have to do with the purchase of educational services from an institution? This makes no more sense than if I were asked the same information when buying a car or a burger. Did you kid fill it out or skip over the entire nonsense portion of the survey?
He wouldn't tell me. He and his girlfriend giggled their way through the survey. I was ticked off but I suspect the school got a lot of silly answers.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I wasn't sure how that works out. But if he, I mean she like dudes that makes her straight, even though she is actually a guy.

I'm sorry for being snarky with the duh thing because you were legit confused. I understand that. I don't understand a lot of things.

Regarding Caitlyn Kartrashian, she's a girl, who likes guys, so she's straight. My buddy Michael, he's a trans guy who likes women, so he's straight. I'm a trans girl who likes women...so I'm a lesbian.

Ha. If you don't know, just ask. If they trip, that's on them. If it gets really bad, duck and cover.
I don't think it matters what a person feels they are, but a perspective sexual partner should know what the other person's physical sex was at birth was.

There should be no deception.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
OP, I have no idea what this video was, but everything I've read indicates that doctors don't recommend SRS (sexual reassignment surgery) until the patient is 18. Around the time puberty begins, a child can take hormone blockers, so long as a parent/guardian, MD, and therapist agree it is appropriate. This suppresses the development of secondary sex characteristics. Nothing is "cut off," as some assume. When the teen is older, they can take hormones of the sex opposite of the one they were assigned at birth, also with the approval of the parent/guardian and medical professionals involved. Not all families are comfortable with the young person taking pills; that debate is addressed in a novel called This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel.

But a good introduction to trans issues in a broad sense is Amy Ellis Nutt's Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family. I've been reading a lot of trans books, both fiction and nonfiction, and this journalist's account of a family's experiences finding out that one of their twin boys is a girl is well-written, informative, and stands out to me. It really isn't just about the family and their struggles because she's good at putting everything in a larger context. I learned a lot, and I recommend it to anyone else who just doesn't understand gender dysphoria (myself included--I'm cisgender and have never experienced it). So if you or anyone else on the thread really wants to find out more and isn't convinced this is something manufactured by radical leftists, maybe check out this title.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ecoming-nicole

Old 08-21-2017, 07:50 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Males = XY chromosomes
Females = XX chromosomes

Class dismissed. Saved you all the +$1000 and dozens of hours you would have spent to learn that in college. Now go out and spread the word to the woefully misguided/brainwashed/gender confused American public!

Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
So if Kaitlyn Jenner likes girls is she a lesbian or not?
Yes.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:10 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
This entire thread rests on a video you cannot produce.
I was wondering when someone would mention that.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
We will have to slow down the "full speed ahead, the sooner the better" idea of sex changing youth until there are much more through studies and discussions about it all. Regardless of what anyone thinks there is no settled science and what was done in the past to help deal with unsolvable mental issues for a few unfortunates. It was never meant to be a common thing that was seen as perfectly normal leading to changing laws and social mores and leading to kids forever altering the course of their lives and being stuck taking meds forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies