Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 01:50 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,981 times

Advertisements

I don't know what madness you're referring to. He's kicking ass and taking names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 01:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yes Wallace is a good example. However Trump has more support than that guy did. But as the Cult dies off all we will have are the videos, the Tweets etc and that will be all the evidence future generations will need to judge.
Why could be a reason might be harder then you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obI2G5qj7VI

Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I don't know what madness you're referring to. He's kicking ass and taking names.
He's quite good at kicking himself in the ass and does it on a regular basis. Donald never understood the axiom, "better to be silent and thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt".

Old 07-27-2017, 02:02 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's the economy, stupid. That is what he will be ultimately judged on. Being bat**** crazy won't matter.
"The economy," well, try to define that in terms of how the low men are going to benefit from the acts of the high men.. Yeah, I know that's a terrible inconvenient fact of how things work in America, but the fact remains that the high men always make promises to the low men and then go on to serve that part of "the economy" which benefits their upper class buddies.

There is no monolithic "economy" in America, although, there are many separate economic facets which are often times at odds with each other. The wishes and hopes of the low men VS the power of the high men being just one of those facets, and, one which determines the political outcomes in a supposedly democratic nation. Being that he is crazy means little to Trump's supporters, after all, many of them have some issues of their own in that department.....

Old 07-27-2017, 02:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I could care less how history is going to judge Trump 50 years from now or 100 years now.

He just needs to get that wall built while he's President. That will do more good for our nation than just about anything else he can do. And of course, keep the economy going strong. That's all that matters. Everything else is nonsense.
pretty small of you. The wall is a footnote at best. If your primary concern is people working here without a permit, i have bad news for you, the few unpermitted workers, the more permits that will be issued, despite what you think our industry needs low cost workers. Will you or you kids pay 100k more for a home built by unionised well paid Americans? I think not.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's the economy, stupid. That is what he will be ultimately judged on. Being bat**** crazy won't matter.
you might need to check your history mate. I can name a whole lot of people who went down as thugs but had strong economies. it is not even hard, go check it out.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:09 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I could care less how history is going to judge Trump 50 years from now or 100 years now.

He just needs to get that wall built while he's President. That will do more good for our nation than just about anything else he can do. And of course, keep the economy going strong. That's all that matters. Everything else is nonsense.

..so you kind of care.....

Old 07-27-2017, 02:09 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Great thread and some really good post contributions. Reps!

Old 07-27-2017, 02:11 PM

330 posts, read 177,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Ah, but do you believe that Donald Trump was sent by God to save America and restore her to her former glory as the chosen of the Lord?

I've got relatives who actually believe that.
No,I am agnostic and don't, therefore, believe in a god. Any god worth his salt would not have created such a disaster as is found in planet earth.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Really? What has he achieved outside of getting a new SCOTUS appointed and eliminating our internet privacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies