Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Donald Trump is a man of loyalty, integrity and honesty?
Yes 71 16.14%
No 369 83.86%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:16 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Id say no.
Nobody is, so how could he be? He's not a God, he's a human being. I'm getting pretty tired of people holding him and everyone else to such impossible standards. We are all human, and far from perfect. There is nobody you could name who fits that description, especially in politics or business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 10:17 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I voted yes.
So how can a man that is proven to have told over 1000 lies in the past 6 months be honest?

Do you guys have an alternate definition of "honest" you'd like to share with us?

Old 07-28-2017, 10:18 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Badly worded - "belief" does not enter into it.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:18 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Nobody is, so how could he be? He's not a God, he's a human being. I'm getting pretty tired of people holding him and everyone else to such impossible standards. We are all human, and far from perfect. There is nobody you could name who fits that description, especially in politics or business.
You all held Hillary and Obama to impossible standards. Obama got attacked for wearing a tan suit, but Trump can destroy the country and it's no big deal.

Massive double standard on your part.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:19 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Do you believe Donald Trump is a man of loyalty, integrity and honesty?

I don't know him personally so it's all conjecture on my part.

Yes he's loyal. He cherry picks his loyalty IMO, and is only loyal to those loyal to him.
Based on following him over the years as a CPA looking at a businessman, low integrity level.
Is anyone honest? He may wear it on his sleeve, but not exactly sure how much honesty is on that sleeve.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:20 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Trump demands loyalty but gives none back, just ask his first 2 wives.
Trump has no integrity, just ask those companies that he shafted and are now suing him.
Trump is a pathological liar. There are just too many examples out there to prove this.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:21 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Can hardly wait for the Trump team to show up and defend him.
Most of them aren't here, they have jobs in there working!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:31 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. But seriously how many votes do you think Russia flipped in Trump's favor?
You didn't ask me, but I'd say not much.

The perpetrators had a few different methods of interference, such as selectively releasing emails from one campaign (but no other) for the propaganda value. They also hacked into multiple state voter databases.

The point actually is that any of these actions are a crime, and if you or I did them it would be jail time. Taken together they are a multiple list of crimes.

There was potential to do harm there, but nothing definitive. The election results are not challenged in these investigations and are not the object of study. It is not the affects of these illegal efforts, but the actions and intent that is of concern.

If the Russians did this on their own, it is still a crime which needs investigating (it doesn't actually matter if it was the Russian government or private Russian individuals in that respect, it is still a series of crimes committed in the USA). If they did this with either the encouragement or cooperation of US citizens, the US citizens would be culpable as accessories. It is starting to look as though there really was something going on between some individuals connected to the campaign and some parties in Russia.

If there was a quid pro quo between the Trump campaign and the Russians, that would be damning. It is starting to look like reducing the sanctions against Russia may have been part of the agreement.

Mr Trump has always been sensitive about how his administration was perceived. Crowd sizes are a great example of this concern, as are the unsubstantiated claims of massive voter fraud. There has been a great deal of anxiety in the white house about whether the administration was perceived as legitimate, perhaps excessively.

Historically, I think this will be remembered for all time as a dark chapter in our republic's history.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:39 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The point actually is that any of these actions are a crime, and if you or I did them it would be jail time. Taken together they are a multiple list of crimes.

There was potential to do harm there, but nothing definitive. The election results are not challenged in these investigations and are not the object of study. It is not the affects of these illegal efforts, but the actions and intent that is of concern.

If the Russians did this on their own, it is still a crime which needs investigating (it doesn't actually matter if it was the Russian government or private Russian individuals in that respect, it is still a series of crimes committed in the USA). If they did this with either the encouragement or cooperation of US citizens, the US citizens would be culpable as accessories. It is starting to look as though there really was something going on between some individuals connected to the campaign and some parties in Russia.
One relevant question is whether or not there would have been any of these investigations of crimes if Hillary had been elected. Somehow I doubt it. The fact that this was barely an issue during the campaign speaks volumes.

Even more telling is the fact that the rules on disclosure of intelligence were drastically loosened during the lame duck period.

This is purely an effort to destabilize the Trump Administration from the get-go since Trump promised to "drain the swamp" and probably meant it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Historically, I think this will be remembered for all time as a dark chapter in our republic's history.
Yes, but not in the way you meant. This is a coup.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
One relevant question is whether or not there would have been any of these investigations of crimes if Hillary had been elected. Somehow I doubt it. The fact that this was barely an issue during the campaign speaks volumes.
I disagree 100%

The FBI was investigating well before anyone knew that Mr Trump was going to be elected. The case was not broadcast to the world because that is how law enforcement works with ongoing investigations, they are not going to tip off the perpetrators that they are being monitored.

If there was a different outcome to the election (there were four other major candidates) we have to realize that the criminal investigation would have gone forward, and I am sure you would then be claiming here that the white house was persecuting it's political opponents, because that is what Breitbart would have been telling you.

In reality, as Mr Trump has recently discovered, a criminal investigation can not be started nor stopped by any president. It will go forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies