Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Last I checked the President doesn't get to vote in the Senate.

If any repeal bill got passed, he would have signed it.

But thanks to 3 RINOS we're stuck with Obamacare and the monstrously expensive premiums and deductibles that make our insurance useless.
Hey, look, your side had 6 months to come up with something better, why weren't they able to do that ? All those smart people, they have all the marbles on their side, and they still could not craft a healthcare bill better than Obamacare.

All Obamacare needed was some improvements. It works for millions of people as is, and only needs some changes to make it better for all. But Trump and the GOP were not out to improve healthcare, they were out to shove it out the door, just to wipe Obama's face in the mud.

All that BS Trump spewed on the campaign trail was just that, BS. Now, he passes that failure off to someone else, just like he can never accept responsibility for anything himself. Good for that lying SOB !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 07:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL at all the liberal lovefest for McCain now. You all hated him in 2008. Bunch of phonies. Again.
I didn't hate McCain in 2008, I hated his horrible VP choice. At the time, I actually would have preferred him over Obama had he not picked Palin.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:05 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I didn't hate McCain in 2008, I hated his horrible VP choice. At the time, I actually would have preferred him over Obama had he not picked Palin.
Very true. He had my vote until the trainwreck of Palin. At first I was okay with her and then, man, did time ever tell.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:08 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,812,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So that's who it came down to -- McCain, Collins, and Murkowski.

All the other Republicans folded.
Even Flake and Heller. Which I thought they would take their vote more seriously given the 2018 elections. Flake just seems like a pushover to me.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:10 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The vote was a good thing but then Trump comes out and says that we're gonna let Obamacare implode. Didn't he say that before? He speaks in circles, nonsense, over and over and over.

Did you see where Cruz came out with a last minute plan to allow them to take it to discussion if they voted for it? That didn't seem to go over too well--guess everyone knew that was just some sneaky kind of lie and there would never have been any discussion.
I think the 'discussion' was a vague promise by Ryan that if it passed the House would take it to a conference committee. That committe would be dominated by Republicans who would 'consider' the Senate bill. They could consider it for 5 minutes and take it to Trump to be signed, or they could incorporate it into the bill they wrote and have him sign that.

As John McCain said: “We must now return to the correct way of legislating and send the bill back to committee, hold hearings, receive input from both sides of aisle, heed the recommendations of nation’s governors, and produce a bill that finally delivers affordable health care for the American people.â€

Old 07-28-2017, 08:15 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
It's still Obamacare, deadbeat republicans haven't a changed a single thing about it in 6 months. It's still exactly what obama passed
Like those who voted the affirmative, you want to repeal the ACA with no idea how to replace it.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:19 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So they decided not to scrap the junk car. But they have to fix it now. They didn't have enough courage to scrap it, do you think they will have the courage to fix it?
I tend to be an optimist. So I will say that there is a chance that now all the posturing is over, they may get serious about doing what is right and work together on fixing the ACA. Do I think that the chances are good of that happening? Not really, but you never know.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Didnt trump say loud and clear he was going to repeal Obamacare on day 1 of his Presidency?
Also start building a wall on day 1
I'm still waiting to hear what his team of investigators found out on their trip to Hawaii regarding Obamas birth certificate,it was supposed to be amazing.
repubs have had 8 years to come up with a better plan than the ACA and what have they accomplished in that time ? nothing.
.This guy just makes up his bs on the fly and a sizable chunk of the American people fall for it every time.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Are you Trump supporters tired of winning yet?

Seriously though, I hope Congress can start working again and fix what's broken about Obamacare. A bipartisan group who will listen to policy experts and ignore politics should be able to come up with something that works.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:37 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
So what was the point of McCain coming leaving the hospital if he was just going to vote against it? He could of stayed at the hospital and gotten the same result.

McCain is everything that is wrong with American politics
He's actually one of the few things that is right with American politics.

Also, he appears to have read The Count of Monte Cristo at some point and taken it to heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies