Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 02:47 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Where did that delusional statement come from?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#716edea9afe7
Obamacare is the biggest failure of government since LBJ's "War on Poverty" and the "Great Society". More wealth transfer from the productive to BUY VOTES.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#716edea9afe7
LMAO!! I was wondering the same thing. The shock that these people will have when the government stops paying their subsidies is going to devastate them into oblivion.

Subsidies won't last forever, Obama told us that he will ween us off the governments help. Are people really going to be able to pay two or three thousand dollars a month for health insurance? Nope!

Obamacare continues to be a slow-motion train wreck. An analysis by Charles Gaba (an ACA supporter) shows that average premium increases in the non-group market will average 24% for 2017. Last month's decision by Aetna AET +0.90% (the nation's third largest insurer) to dump 80% of its Obamacare subscribers for 2017 came on the heels of the decision by UnitedHealth (the nation's largest health insurer) to likewise cut back enormously on its participation in the Obamacare exchanges (3 states in 2017 vs. 34 states this year). Yet another of the nation's "big 5" health insurers, Humana HUM +0.21%, will offer coverage in just 156 counties in 2017, 88 percent fewer than this year.

Unfortunately, Obamacare enthusiasts cannot look to the employer market for health coverage for good news. As I reported last fall, there was no evidence that Obamacare had slowed down the rate of health insurance premium increases faced by workers relative to the rise in wages. Regrettably, the most recent version of the KFF/HRET Employer Health Benefits Survey confirms that this trend has continued. For family health insurance policies--the ones most difficult for workers to afford in the first place--premiums continue to rise faster than wages.

Medicaid expansion is already 49% higher than originally projected by the Department of Health and Human Services just one year ago. Medicaid already had perverse incentives for states to waste money and crowd out other priorities such as education and criminal justice. The Obamacare Medicaid expansion effectively put those perverse incentives on steroids, as a recent Mercatus Center analysis demonstrates in great detail.

Do I dare ask people how the heck are you going to be able to afford this mandated healthcare? I mean, you have to pay it or get fined. What are your plans now that it looks like it's going to stick? I need to figure this out so many you can give me some ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
John McCain--American Hero to the End-premiumsvswages.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 02:50 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I like to think that McCain's no vote on this "skinny repeal" bs was his revenge for Trump's nasty remarks about him on the campaign.
I did find myself wondering if McCain was setting something up to get one last "F*** you" to Trump before he goes.....set it up to make it look like he's Trump's boy on this, then kick his legs out from under him.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:52 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
That's what your side is thinking and saying, the left didn't made him vote the way he did. The man did what he felt he had to do. You probably would be sticking it to the left had he voted your way. I doubt if everybody on the left is thinking he is a hero. I'm sure some on the left probably feel that way, but you generalized the entire left.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:56 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
McCain explicitly ran his last campaign on repeal and replace.

Then he does this. He lied to his constituents.

He's an unprincipled, self serving hack and is totally worthless as a legislator.

Lol, so had he voted your way, what would be saying about him then.

Last edited by ipaper; 07-28-2017 at 03:39 PM..

Old 07-28-2017, 02:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Where did that delusional statement come from?

Obamacare is the biggest failure of government since LBJ's "War on Poverty" and the "Great Society". More wealth transfer from the productive to BUY VOTES.

Explore Why is Health Insurance Expensive in United States

Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
He should be a hero to us all for casting the death vote. Yes, the ACA is failing but to put something in place that is worse is insane.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:20 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
McCain explicitly ran his last campaign on repeal and replace.

Then he does this. He lied to his constituents.

He's an unprincipled, self serving hack and is totally worthless as a legislator.

You are totally glossing over that the dog of a bill "Skinny Repeal" did not *replace* anything. So no, don't think McCain is "lying" or whatever else you see to want to accuse him of.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
If he voted differently you and your party would be calling him coward, hypocrite
At least he came through and showed that he lives up to his title of being a maverick. Draft dodging Trump is on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to McCain's leadership and patriotism.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
This thread certainly got the rabid right up and barking.

They're a noisy bunch.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:41 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,315,336 times
Wish Sen McCain well, this cancer is a tough one. But he is tough and good luck to him.

As for the vote, it was typical McCain. He flies into DC and onto the Senate floor like a superman to applause from his fellow Senators. He chews everybody out for not accomplishing anything. He votes to send the bill to discussion and vote. Then he votes against the bill. Thereby making sure the Senate does not accomplish anything.

Has it both ways, votes both ways, gets his glitter time on TV, chews every body else on the floor out, then perpetuates the non accomplishing mess we call our Legislature.

It is a game they all play I guess. Getting together to decide who will take the hit for yea and nay votes and who will take the limelight and good press. Or voting one way on one vote then voting the other in an amendment.

Both ways
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies