Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,095,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do the right thing or we have this fight for decades. Something supported by both sides for the benefit of Wall Street is NOT a solution. The only reason this continues this way is because millions like yourself are so willing to vote for and make excuse for these poor excuses we call politicians.

Quit voting for them.
Both parties are bought off. And don't tell me Trump when half his cabinet is made of Goldman Sachs Wall Street types and that's where he is coming from.

Sanders is the only one that might be a bee to be different but as long as we have a two party system bought and pay by money it isn't happening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,155,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Both parties are bought off. And don't tell me Trump when half his cabinet is made of Goldman Sachs Wall Street types and that's where he is coming from.
I am NOT nor have I defended Trump here. That is a huge part of the problem. I can condemn wrong actions all around without supporting Trump. For so many they seem to believe you must support "your party" no matter how wrong or corrupt they are or you are supporting the other party.

Quote:
Sanders is the only one that might be a bee to be different but as long as we have a two party system bought and pay by money it isn't happening
I voted for and supported Sanders. The DNC and their supporters allowed him to be cheated out of the chance to make a difference.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM

30,244 posts, read 23,712,429 times
Yeah right, "hero":

He did not do the right thing. Idiotcare needs to fail, completely, but that's not why McCain voted no on a repeal.

No repeal and no replace at all. And for the right reasons, not sneaky underhanded reasons.

The more the left cries about that, the more you know that's the exact right thing to do. They so badly want to put the failure on to the Republicans, but they won't get that chance if Idiotcare is left to implode on its own. That's what Trump wants. McCain is not loyal to Trump at all.

And they know that.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:40 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,846,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Once more..John McCain takes the high, hard road:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-senate-floor/
Since when is forcing healthcare down our throats the high, hard ground? He's a progressive piece of filth. The world will be better off once he's out of politics.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:41 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,095,667 times
Quote:
I am NOT nor have I defended Trump here. That is a huge part of the problem. I can condemn wrong actions all around without supporting Trump. For so many they seem to believe you must support "your party" no matter how wrong or corrupt they are or you are supporting the other party.

I voted for and supported Sanders. The DNC and their supporters allowed him to be cheated out of the chance to make a difference.
I don't disagree with you that Sanders was sabotaged by the DNC. As I said BOTH parties are bought and controlled by big money. As long as we have a two party system even a President Sanders would have problems passing anything thru from a congress where the vast majority is bought.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:43 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,846,498 times
Quote:
Then why did he vote for repeal not all that long ago?
There was no replacement when he voted to send a repeal to Obama.
Because he's a deceitful scumbag who should never be trusted. When repeal had no chance of passing he voted for repeal like a "good republican".

Quote:
P.S. Obamacare can not be fixed. As long as Wall Street is running health care the costs will continue to go up and up and up.
Agreed. That's what government does. Lowers quality and raises prices.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I don't disagree with you that Sanders was sabotaged by the DNC. As I said BOTH parties are bought and controlled by big money. As long as we have a two party system even a President Sanders would have problems passing anything thru from a congress where the vast majority is bought.
Only as long as "you" continue to make excuses for them and vote for them.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,887,270 times
John McCain is a decent human being a good man with principles. A man who genuinely cares about America not a ass kissing yes man.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. That's what government does. Lowers quality and raises prices.
That isn't what I said.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 15 days ago)

29,536 posts, read 16,521,666 times
Quote:
No, this is pretty typical of everything that is wrong with politics. The (D)'s didn't go from running the House, Senate and White House to none of them because they did things right either.

No principles anywhere, just an insane drive for power.
Your argument is that they did the same thing as republicans, but provide no evidence to support that claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies