U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:56 PM

6,182 posts, read 2,059,510 times

Advertisements

Ever notice when you watch a game at a sports bar that the whole place goes quiet when the anthem is televised? Yeah. me neither.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:58 PM

28,733 posts, read 15,175,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you realize Black Lives Matter doesn't mean they matter more than other lives?
Then why the name? Why not "All Lives Matter"?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:00 PM

8,042 posts, read 2,799,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Ever notice when you watch a game at a sports bar that the whole place goes quiet when the anthem is televised? Yeah. me neither.

you see anybody kneel in protest at the sports bar when the anthem is televised? yeah, me neither.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:01 PM

15,224 posts, read 8,479,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Off the field behavior doesn't represent the team nor the sport. Much of what you listed are criminal offenses and thus a police and court matter. Many of those cases resulted in arrest and or prison sentence or other forms of punishment. This is an act by groups of players in uniform on game day. They want to protest police killing black men then go out and protest,... just don't do it on the job by disrespecting the entire nation.
It most certainly does. And is one of the many reasons the NFL is losing viewers.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:02 PM

2,201 posts, read 686,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, when they were shooting themselves and their wives, whoring and beating their wives and GFs, you were fine with it - but you decided when they decided on a peaceful protest...that was over the line? Remember all the stories of the Dallas Cowboys back in the 80's - a full time hard partying scene. Here's a book for ya:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F76U0G...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Truly fantastic. Amazing. It sorta shows why we Americans have the wrong values. Hint - it's what's you DO in life that matters more than what you protest or don't.
You left out a few like for instance, shooting people who they feel disrespected them and dog fighting, to just name a few.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

6,182 posts, read 2,059,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you see anybody kneel in protest at the sports bar when the anthem is televised? yeah, me neither.

No. Because nobody is paying attention to the anthem. That is my point. People watching at home are probably in the kitchen to making a snack.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:17 PM

2,433 posts, read 1,717,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
wrong again!,....Kap is not just kneeling down for the NA....he is making a political protest agaisnt the government and police while in uniform and using the NFL as a platform.......there is a difference.
Not talking about Kap. He declared free agency. What I am telling you is i
f a current player gets cut and the reason given is due to not respecting the NA, that player will have just cause to file a grievance under the CBA.
Kap is a whole different story. If it could be proven that he is not being employed due to what he did, he could bring a suite against the NFL. In his case it would be pretty hard to prove collusion.
By the way I am not sticking up for these protesters, just telling you the way it is.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM

9,351 posts, read 5,032,654 times
What is the obsession with trying to make it seem like the NFL is suffering from a few dozen players kneeling during the anthem?

$13B in revenue last year for the NFL. Tops on planet earth. A few thousand or even a ten thousand "football fans" who say they stopped watching games due to players kneeling doesn't stop a $13 BILLION a year machine.

And as I said before earlier in this thread, if you consider yourself a hardcore football fan, and you'd stop watching your team play every Sunday because 20-30 players took a knee, well...you're not a hardcore football fan. Casual fan at best, and most likely not a "fan" at all.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
No. Because nobody is paying attention to the anthem. That is my point. People watching at home are probably in the kitchen to making a snack.

people in person pays their respect to the anthem especially when we have service members and veterans in presence.......apples and oranges.

that's like attending a funeral in person, you show respect.......when you are at home then it doesn't mtter does it?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
If it could be proven that he is not being employed due to what he did, he could bring a suite against the NFL. In his case it would be pretty hard to prove collusion.

good luck with that lawsuit......under that scenario Tim Tebow has a case...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or