U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:46 PM

31,535 posts, read 11,704,067 times

Advertisements

Taking a knee has got nothing to do with the flag, or the military. It's about unarmed black people being murdered by cops and DOJ not doing a damn thing about it.

Rs tried to divide the nation over flag burning some years ago. Senator Bob Kerry, decorated veteran, called it out for the despicable partisan BS it was. Mercifully, Rs moved on to some other nonsense.

Looks like their taking another swing at it.

Damn deplorables.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:11 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,888,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I thought so. They have no idea what they are doing....herd mentality. It's fascist making strong men kneel for no good reason other than a belief which is a falsehood. Worked for Hitler.
Here is the statistics..

http://www.sumogirl.com/sumomambo/im...20violence.jpg

So what are they kneeling for?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-27-2017 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: hotlinking and/or copyright violation

Old 09-26-2017, 09:14 PM

49 posts, read 24,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Yeah, it really is the conservatives that don't read the constitution, personal letters of founding fathers etc,

It is the conservatives that get triggered when they see a constitution.

It is the conservatives that are trying to push us away from Americanism and towards globalism.

Seriously, you guys go ahead and debate whether kneeling is good or bad, or whether Trump should intervene, but saying something as ridiculous as conservatives are the ones who shy more away from the constitution is ridiculous. Ask any of your liberal friends any of them, to name 3 bill of rights, do it RIGHT NOW! ask yourself. Not every conservative can answer, but those who do answer it will be conservatives. guaranteed., GO, text a liberal friend right now.
They are kneeling respectfully because we have a bigot occupying the white house who does not deserve respect

The guy in the WH is not only a bigot, alienating just about anybody who is not white and not male (and most of them, too). He has spent your tax money, and mine, on his & his family's conflicts of interest. He has made a fool of himself on the world stage. He lies daily and is rude, crude, and generally uncalled for. He has publicly encouraged police violence and cannot speak of a women without conjuring up blood. Even his wife is disgusted by him.

The orange disaster needs to change his act before calling ANYONE else out.

He was offered an important job and has failed.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:14 PM

20,234 posts, read 7,570,933 times
Ray Lewis knows a thing or two about murder. We should listen to him.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:18 PM

1,357 posts, read 724,681 times
Maybe non-blacks should consider taking a knee to protest the fact that representatives from a group representing only 12% of the population commits 52% of the murders in the country and 92% of the murders when the victim is black.

Or how blacks are 7 to 10 times more prone than whites to engage in criminal activity.

Let's be real, the only justice many blacks look for is justice that they agree with.

Some still believe that Michael Brown was shot without cause, but they stood in the streets and gleefully cheered when O.J. Simpson was found not guilty.

Sadly, with all the criminal activity perpetrated by players in the NFL, the NFL has become sports imitating life.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Old 09-26-2017, 09:20 PM

6,940 posts, read 2,869,397 times
Another program permanently off the potential watch list.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 PM

25,986 posts, read 10,681,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Here is the statistics..

So what are they kneeling for?
Your graphic is junk.

“Whites are the largest racial group in America, and commit the majority of crimes – leading aggravated assault 2-1 when compared to blacks or other racial groups.”

"The Bureau of Justice statistics data on homicide trends has shown that white-on-white killings are at 88% and the percentage of black-on-black killings is at 91%, yet the perception is that the high level of homicides that occur is just a “black thing.”

"a 2011 FBI Uniform crime report showed that 86% of white American victims were killed by other white people, and also revealed that a white person was six more times likely to be killed by another white person than by a black person."]a 2011 FBI Uniform crime report showed that 86% of white American victims were killed by other white people, and also revealed that a white person was six more times likely to be killed by another white person than by a black person"

https://www.decodedscience.org/white...en-truth/52297

Old 09-26-2017, 09:57 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,141,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Unity for who? They are pushing people away, not uniting them. I have no interest in unity with anyone who rejects the flag of this country as not being their flag.
Unity for who exactly.

Do the owners side with the fans? Or do they side with the players, media, pop-culture?

Side with the players because you can't afford to lose good players. The fans will forget next week.

They'll come back around. They'll pull those wallets back out soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I got this in an email from a very good friend and I wasn't sure if it belonged in a political forum, but I'll try and I'll leave it up to City Data moderators to determine what to do with it. It's a reminder to all those over-paid professional athletes, who act like spoiled brats by refusing to stand up for the National Anthem. Let's remind them of those who fought, and many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice to defend the freedoms they tend to take for granted.

Take a little trip to Valley Forge in January. If you don't know where that is, just Google it from the sidelines. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle, so just wait your turn. Take your cleats and socks off to get a real experience. Then take a knee.

Then take one at the beach in Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, even as the one in front of him was shot to pieces and the very sea stained with American blood. The only blockers most had were the dead bodies in front of them . . . riddled with bullets from enemy fire.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. from Khe San to Saigon . . . anywhere will do. REAL Americans died in all those jungles. There was no playbook that told them what was next, but they knew what flag they represented. When they came home, they were protested, as well as spit on for reasons only cowards know.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat. Wear your Kevlar helmet and battle dress. Your number won't be printed on it unless your number is up! You'll need to stay hydrated but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. You're on your own.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Real Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your displeasure, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled a sea of it defending your liberty.

While you are on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on a manicured lawn striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of ground taken . . . but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains . . . every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans . . . just American men and women delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us . . . blazing a path so you would have the right to "take a knee."

You have no inkling what it took to get you where you are; but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation of real heroes, it serves the purpose of pointing to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your jersey is issued to another.

If you really feel the need to take a knee . . . come with me to church on Sunday and we will both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We will beg forgiveness for our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We will appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We will pray for liberty and justice for all . . . because He is the one who provides those things.

And there will be no protest. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave. It goes like this . . .

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Thanks Mike.

That right up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I guess vets can disagree, my husband is a retired marine who served two tours in Vietnam, he said he fought so that people would have the right to protest.
It starts off with protest and ends with Vietnam Vets getting spit on. It's gotta end somewhere. Don't give the libs an inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
(sigh)

Once again:

Congress shall make no law....

Now, consider carefully.

Is Trump "Congress"?

Did he "make a law"? Or even try to?

Please think carefully through these ideas.

And keep in mind: The language of the Constitution, including its amendments, does have an exact meaning.

And "Trump shouldn't make suggestions" ain't it.

Carefful. The bug-eyed fanatics who started this thread, might accuse YOU of violating TRUMP'S 1st amendment rights, by trying to silence him.

They'd be no more right about that, than they were in their OP screed. But being right, is obviously low on their priority list. They're far more interested in destroying President Trump.

Or whoever else wanders across their sights.

So be careful around those people. They aren't entirely rational. Or even literate. But vicious and destructive, they have in spades.
The lie here is that President Trump demands anybody get fired. They should? He would like to see it? Huge difference, but the Main Stream Media, the folks who tell libbies what to think, what to say, are pushing this lie hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
You're right, the NFL players are millionaires, instead sitting or kneeling (which is helping nobody) why not pony up some money, and start a legal defense fund for minorities who feel they were unfairly targeted by the police?
Oh yeah, this will happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It's where and how they are choosing to protest.

It's the fact that they don't seem to care about a 100 other more pressing issues.

It's the fact that everyone else in America is supposed to change EXCEPT the criminals.
It's about bashing Trump. That's a unique and rare thing to do these days.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-26-2017 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 09:58 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,277,295 times
I will 'fess up. I was raised Catholic and we genuflected to the Crucifix before entering a pew.

I honestly thought the first dude, the guy last year, was being really, really respectful when I saw a few pictures online. I thought, "Wow. He's really moved by the anthem." Of course, I eventually learned differently. But I don't pay much attention to entertainers, so it really was a while.

Now, I respect the right of those who are disrespectful to our flag and national anthem, but it makes me like them even less than my heretofore neutral feeling about athletes and random college professors.

Their protest doesn't seem very effective. It surely isn't bringing attention to the issue(s) they wanted highlighted.

Old 09-26-2017, 10:42 PM

17,853 posts, read 16,090,357 times
This comes across as a psyop. We've had global warming shoved down our throats for years with no scientific proof and now we have racism shoved down our throats when evidence shows its been in decline for years, even decades. One by one our institutions and beliefs are being challenged and torn down and we're being forced into divisiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or