U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:19 AM

2,431 posts, read 1,209,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lmao.. I love how you can't stop bashing Black folk while trying to act like you are disgusted by the word.
How is he bashing people and it is a disgusting word!

Old 09-27-2017, 10:21 AM

8,106 posts, read 4,791,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Michigan State Police Director in hot water too.

MSP head apologizes for NFL 'degenerates' post on Facebook

I think people just throw in the troops to give their resentment an emotional shield. The bottom line is that conservative type people just don't want to hear what other people have to say or deal with America looked at from a different lens. Very few conservatives watch MSNBC or anything, such as CNN, that they think has a liberal point of view. Conservatives only want to have to deal with people who are "just like them" and who think like them. They do not want a diversity of thoughts or opinions. Hence, they are upset because there is no CFL....Conservative Football League that they can turn too and not see people making liberal freedoms of expression. It does not matter that 99% of the people were behaving in a way that they approve......they want a football league where 100% of the people behave in a way that they approve....OR ELSE!

Conservatism can easily become a dictatorship.
I find it interesting how much hate mileage some people can extract from one act of free speech. Someone chooses to exercise his or her right to stand silent, to take a knee, to not put their hand over their heart and all hell erupts. Suddenly these protesters though this one action are a bunch of rich, entitled, arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American degenerates; they are ingrates who hate America and disrespect our armed forces and veterans. That's a hell of a lot to get from a silent person in a 2 - 2.5 minute rendition of the anthem. Meanwhile, I'd be willing to bet someone like this Fire Chief will probably casually complain all day long about "his rights" being disrespected by the government, the media, or the non-white family next door.

I also find it amazing how when their anger flairs, the first thing that peculates in their dark soul and spews from their mouth is a racial epithet; but then, when called on it, "I'm not a racist, I have black friends!" For many, race is always just below the surface - ready to erupt at any imagined slight.

How often have we heard that we are in a post-racial society? Do you actually believe that?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:21 AM

9,072 posts, read 5,429,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This has nothing to do with race. If i remember correctly that ex soldier who did stand for the anthem and then came out and said he regretted doing that, he was white.

It is NOT patriotic to honor or respect a tyrannical govt. The founding fathers would likely be disappointed taking a knee was the only thing being done actually.
US government is tyrannical?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:22 AM

5,515 posts, read 3,289,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Leftist Swine..LOL!! How very 19th century of you. Perhaps next you can threaten him a sound thrashing of fisticuffs if he remains unrepentant in his opinion.
LOL
I would henceforth banish him from thine kingdom with a swift and just tarring and feathering if thou hadst the means.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:22 AM

3,578 posts, read 993,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Disrespectful?

http://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons...-Day-kneel.png

If not, how does one make that determination for others?
We could go to the flag code
Quote:
176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Exactly. It seems a lot of folks have gotten sop busy putting down those that are pointing, instead of looking at what they are pointing out.
It's not "busy" it's a deliberate attempt to distract people from the message. Turn the focus from what they are protesting, to how they are protesting.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:24 AM

13,141 posts, read 21,156,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump tries to make everything about him, but that does not mean everything is about him.
You don't have to engage in every argument you're invited to.

The Truth stands on it's own and doesn't need defending.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM

12,920 posts, read 6,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I sure hope none of the people who back Old Glory so forcefully on this thread ever displayed a Confederate flag. Because we'd have to invent an entirely new category of hypocrisy.
The confederate flag isn't my flag, so it's none of my concern. Call it cognitive dissonance, but many Southerners have reverence for both flags. I understand them, which is why I'm not in favor of forcing them to choose between the two. It's not a choice that they have to make. The people who want to make it an issue are the same ones pushing an anti-American agenda. That's the bottom line here.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:33 AM

8,106 posts, read 4,791,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Volunteer. He's probably sacrificed his nights and weekends while working a full time job for 30 years while others so offended by this mistake he made were smoking weed and drinking and living off food stamps.
No chance they were delivering babies, fighting for their country, making scientific discoveries, or trying to cure cancer? Is everyone you politically oppose living off food stamps?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:33 AM

2,431 posts, read 1,209,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I would henceforth banish him from thine kingdom with a swift and just tarring and feathering if thou hadst the means.

I second that motion!!! Let the tar and feathering begin!!!

Old 09-27-2017, 10:34 AM

12,920 posts, read 6,312,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Don't let good old facts get in your way of revisionist history

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ital..._Rights_League
A marginal, mafia-founded organization beginning after 1970-- i.e., several decades after Italian-Americans definitively proved our value as Americans, in war and in other ways. Quite simply, we are known for patriotism and not for complaining about this sort of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or