U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:30 PM

6,187 posts, read 2,052,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
As I understand, your perspective is the only correct perspective. Good luck with making progress.
Good luck pimping for a draft dodger and claiming to be a patriot. Square that one.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:35 PM

2,119 posts, read 546,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Okay. First off the funeral thing was specifically protesting against the military. Kneeling during the anthem is not a protest against the military. You want to take it that way? That is merely your interpretation. And a weak one at that as the protesters themselves have talked about that matter. What about flying the confederate flag. I find that honoring traitors to america. What is your opinion on that?
I agree with that as well. I also think it should be against the law to come to this country from another one, and then post your previous country's flag. I see it all of the time. I'm like, if your country was so great, than why are you here?

Old 09-29-2017, 08:37 PM

2,119 posts, read 546,071 times
Quote:
Good luck pimping for a draft dodger and claiming to be a patriot. Square that one.
I'd rather have a draft dodger, than a pos like Hillary that actually left Americans to die on foreign soil, and then tried to cover it up!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 PM

1,027 posts, read 316,646 times
Quote:
I am not sure which draft dodger you are referencing. However, I am sure that I am not pimping for anyone.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 PM

12,273 posts, read 5,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
yall could have just ignored it from the get-go. Instead you tried to impose your will on a defiant black guy. Look what it snowballed into. The main reason it's blowing up in your faces is that Kaepernick's image was squeaky clean before all of this. He was even raised by white people so can't use that "black culture" template on his past. So yall falsely ran with the "disrespecting the troops" narrative and that also backfired because it was so off target. It's hilarious to see how people are clawing and scratching for anything legit excuse for their epic strawmanning and snowflaking.
Projection as usual. Just who do you think it's backfiring on?

Old 09-29-2017, 08:53 PM

6,187 posts, read 2,052,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'd rather have a draft dodger, than a pos like Hillary that actually left Americans to die on foreign soil, and then tried to cover it up!
And what is Trump doing for the americans held prisoner in N Korea?

He literally blamed Obama for Otto Warmbiers death yet he has done jack sh*t for the other prisoners.

Explain that mister bonespurs.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:55 PM

24,741 posts, read 14,050,552 times
Quote:
And here is another thought. If you are so damn patriotic and are saluting the flag you would not even notice some player kneeling. The flag is displayed upwards on the jumbotron. Seems if you see a player kneeling you are not paying attention to the anthem.
Or hanging from the rafters or on the field. I try to do this but as I've said I've seen customers sit during the anthem at hockey games.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,521,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Hard to get through a list of that size without being a consumer of something, right?

Oh, I might quit. If the Bears can't stop losing, I'll have no choice.
ROFLMAO! You have no choice... the Bears just lost to a candy bar in a battle of wits:

Butterfinger trolls the Chicago Bears in HILARIOUS back-and-forth

Old 09-29-2017, 09:32 PM

29,058 posts, read 14,723,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know people didn't like MLK at the time...
Quote:
...they (current protesters) choose to protest in a way that pisses off the people they want to reach...
That's your disconnect right there. MLK pissed off people somewhat fierce. The idea that all right-thinking people would naturally be on his side is after-the-fact thinking.

Protest will, to use your phrase, **** people off. It needs to. Those in power aren't moved by their goodness of their hearts.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:35 PM

29,058 posts, read 14,723,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just who do you think it's backfiring on?
Right now? Trump's cohorts. The NFL didn't back down. You think the fans who overlooked the occasional wifebeater or drunk driver as long as the team did well have staying power for a boycott?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or