U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 12:22 PM

70,520 posts, read 28,928,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And instead of addressing this, the players took an "America is bad; therefore I don't respect it" approach.

They could have picked the departments with the worst track record and started by directly challenging them. Why didn't they? It could be that they are too lazy or it could be that those departments are ultimately controlled by Democrats and in some instances by black Democrats. Can't have that.

It reminds me of the Vietnam war protests. The purpose was noble and just, but when they took aim at the returning soldiers, most of whom had no choice, they just about ruined the cause.
This was done by others and those like yourself complained then also. You seem to be saying that you agree with their complaints. If we addressed the complaints, no one takes a knee.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My point is that when police issue a command it needs to be obeyed.
Until it gets addressed..........Did Nurse Wubbells obey? Should see simply have violated her patients civil rights and got herself fired?

Of course not. The police officer was fired.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:37 PM

This stuff came to light because of the investigations brought on because of the protests in Baltimore. It's not just Baltimore that this stuff happens.

Former gun squad officers say they only robbed citizens

Old 10-29-2017, 03:21 PM

2,051 posts, read 517,127 times
It's funny that these airhead goons can't get it through their heads that they're hurting their bottom line. And when the owners' bottom line gets hurt, sorry to say, it's not the fans that are going to pay the price.

The players - next CBA in mind - are going to be the ones who get hurt the most, not the fans.

And just in case some of you who think these professional athletic games even matter in the grand scheme of life, I've got news for you...

Old 10-29-2017, 03:57 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,764,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm a big Texans fan, but a single Texan takes a knee and doesn't suffer any consequences, I'm done.

BTW, Brown is butthurt that his holdout didn't work and he lost around half a million dollars.
All but 6 kneeled.

Don't let the door hit your hypocritical backside on the way out.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
It's funny that these airhead goons can't get it through their heads that they're hurting their bottom line. And when the owners' bottom line gets hurt, sorry to say, it's not the fans that are going to pay the price.
What you are arguing is that it's all about money. People are not important. Maybe you need to spend a little time on your knees.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What you are arguing is that it's all about money. People are not important. Maybe you need to spend a little time on your knees.
I'm just not a fanboy who dresses up in makeup and god knows what to cheer on my team. I like my Vikings, but they aren't even close to the most important thing in my life.

Maybe Americans should get their heads out of their ----- and realize pro sports/pro athletes are very unimportant in the grand scheme of things?

Old 10-29-2017, 04:38 PM

4,281 posts, read 1,962,193 times
From Buffalo here and these players are doing it all wrong - Jim Kelly started Hunter's Hope after his son's diagnosis. It had national support and he and his wife Jill did benefits, interviews ect..

I've said before - instead of these children playing their games - do something about it. Start a program - as suggested work with areas with police abuse is above the norm - call attention to it as well as work with the community to see how they can make it better. Kneeling isn't doing a darn thing except making people mad - and Trump will end up as President for another 4 years.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To be clear: I have more RESPECT for the millions of janitors that break their backs day in and day out - do more week in any given year than any of these goons have in their lives - than I do these petulant overgrown cowards.

Is that blunt enough?

Old 10-29-2017, 05:07 PM

25,908 posts, read 14,442,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I'm just not a fanboy who dresses up in makeup and god knows what to cheer on my team. I like my Vikings, but they aren't even close to the most important thing in my life.

Maybe Americans should get their heads out of their ----- and realize pro sports/pro athletes are very unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
Well - it sure seems like you care.

The NFL gave cover to the likes of Michael Vick and a variety of wife beaters and drug dealers. So they have NEVER gotten my time or money.

As far as I'm concerned this whole country would be better off without the NFL and constant focus on Football.

I could care less about them or any fan who is now offended after overlooking all the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or