U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 PM

2,431 posts, read 1,206,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Yeah, terrible idea. Then all the players would be assumed to be protesting.

It boggles my mind that so many Americans are so 'triggered' by these acts of protest. If only they were so offended by the actual life conditions of so many areas of this country--like the one you and I know pretty well (Buffalo)
And it boggles my mind that people are offended by Civil War statues...

Old 09-23-2017, 11:09 PM

6,967 posts, read 4,943,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm reading the article

1) Nothing about race in the article

2) Miami, Duke, UC-Boulder, Louisville Illinois, and UT-Austin have seen increases in their attendance.

3) Major League Soccer attendance is on the rise. Last soccer game I went to, Atlanta United vs Chicago Fire, was heavily attended by young Whites.

I see more evidence of young Whites watching more soccer these days. I notice that the NFL and MLB are sports you see alot of families watch the games. Soccer, I saw alot of single people at the games, in particular, alot of young men. Saw many children, but not as many as football and baseball games.
Yes, you have to use your brain a little bit and look at demographic trends that are well publicized. Whites are getting older and smaller as a demographic group. Apply that to the trends we see in NFL and college football viewership - they are still predominately white and trending older.

You have to think a little.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:14 PM

7,996 posts, read 2,780,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Yeah, terrible idea. Then all the players would be assumed to be protesting.

It boggles my mind that so many Americans are so 'triggered' by these acts of protest. If only they were so offended by the actual life conditions of so many areas of this country--like the one you and I know pretty well (Buffalo)

funny, how many countries in the world have worse problems and living conditions than in the USA and NONE of their athletes disrespect their flag and national anthem in public and they never tolerate that but in the USA we sure cut blacks a lot of slack that we don't let any other group get away with it because of White guilt.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:14 PM

2,432 posts, read 652,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
In essence, we're at the point where we don't care what white people think.
And therein lies the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Bingo!!!!! Best comment I have read in a long time. Every group should do what's in their own interest.
Funny thing is that minorities have been accusing white people of doing that for years and looking down upon them.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:16 PM

3,424 posts, read 1,227,383 times
Looks like they find the bandwagon a bit late in the game, huh?

Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Conservatives cut blacks slack when it's warranted......when the hands up don't shoot propaganda came out that was B.S. that liberal whites fed into it and there was NO reason to cut them slack and feed the ignorance. It does blacks more harm than good. I will fight for anyone any injustice and violation of their rights regardless of race, gender and sexual orientation or religion but when I see bullshiat and a culture of victimization and hate and destruction then like the Beatles Revolution song goes "Brother you can count me out"

You don't think Racism EXIST in the institutions in Mexico and Latin countries?......you just said White Latinos are the elites on T.V. and in society, you won't see many native-indians looking Mexicans on T.V. in their enteirtemnent industry or high office in government.

and the Mexican police are very corrupt and very abusive to the Natives Indians of their country and the illegal immigrants from Central America. Just because you are white Mexican doesn't mean the Mexican police won't harass you. They will even kidnap you for money.....don't get me started with all the bullshiat that goes down in Mexico.

You don't think Latin countries had any Black SLAVES for centuries????? try Cuba, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Colombia, Venezuela, Panama and the many islands in the Atlantic.....do you see any of their black athletes being disrespectful to their flag and national anthem because they have a beef with their history on slavery???? NO!!! they moved on because they don't have that propaganda fed to them as children.

Go to Brazil, Portugal was the KING of slavery in the Americas and they were brutal. Do you see the black athletes in Brazil who are poorer by far than blacks in the U.S.A being resentful to Brazil and their flag and national anthem? NO!!!

In Puerto Rico, slavery lasted longer than the U.S.A, it lasted until 1873. Do you see any black Puerto Rican athlete being disrespectful to the Puerto Rican National Anthem and P.R. FLAG because their ancestors were brought to Puerto Rico by chains centuries ago? NO!

you know why, because we have spoiled blacks in our country and cut them too much slack....it is white guilt that comes from the left. It has done them more harm than good. You don't see that in any of the Latin Countries because they don't play the victim card or the white guilt card to excuse bad behavior and being disrespectful to others and the country.

Blacks in Africa and Blacks in Latin countries see the American Blacks and call them spoiled. Compare to them, they have it good and still they complain a lot and are disrespectful to the flag and over play the culture of victimization.
Slavery existed in this world long before the United States was founded and continues today in other third world countries. It doesn't matter to the black community they only care about what happens to them. It's a typical me first and that's what matters narcissistic attitude that the OP said himself they don't care what white's or anyone else thinks of them anymore.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:22 PM

276 posts, read 101,430 times
Would love to see pro sports back to the low paid crap it used to be. 50 million dollar contracts for throwing a ball around. Boo hoo they are so opressed!!!

Old 09-23-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It's a piece of cloth. How about caring about the treatment of real human beings?
Then you don't have an understanding of national pride or heritage. The shirt you are wearing is a piece of cloth. Our countries flag symbolizes is much more than that.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:24 PM

276 posts, read 101,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Then you don't have an understanding of national pride or heritage. The shirt you are wearing is a piece of cloth. Our countries flag symbolizes is much more than that.
I bet to him shirts mean something haha. Dats a ralph lauren man!!!

Old 09-23-2017, 11:37 PM

4,631 posts, read 3,928,347 times
People like athletes more than politicians.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-24-2017 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: Language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or