Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:27 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Then as somebody said earlier, they really didn't care all that much about it. I love animals and didn't miss a game once Michael Vick was let back in the league. I don't understand people at all who drop something they really like due to politics.
1. People are saying it is A reason not the only reason. Is this really such a hard concept for people to understand? Has our culture really dumbed down to the point where people cannot understand that things can have multiple reasons?

2. You don't have to understand why people would stop watching a game that in part serves as an escape from politics for interjecting politics in to the game. The only people who have to understand it are the people doing it.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have several friends that quit watching NFL games due to the politicization of it.
Of course you do.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:26 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have several friends that quit watching NFL games due to the politicization of it.
Can you give us a link to back up these "alternative friends"?

Old 09-21-2017, 06:33 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It aint got anything to do with "political activism", it has to do with crappy games. Most of these games have been blowouts and people are not going to pay ridiculous prices to see bad football. And even though most of the games have sucked so far it is still the most watched event on television.

Sorry righties, but your power to "boycott" the NFL don't amount to squat. Another swing and a miss. Stick to your Teabagger rallies. I'll keep making money on FanDuel, good games or bad games.
You are right - it has nothing to do with political activism.

In general, people are just tired of stomaching what they are serving. There's nothing political about it.

49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels

As of Wednesday, resale tickets were being offered on StubHub for as low as $14 to see the team host the Los Angeles Rams at 7 p.m. That price is just cheaper than buying a pair of $7.50 pretzels through the Levi's Stadium app and comparable to the price of a beer and a hot dog at the the three-year-old arena. According to the team's seat licensing map, the cheapest original face value for any seat is $85.

I still watch, but not as much. Certain teams will the high profile players that sit or kneel (not protest) during the anthem - I purposely turn them off.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:26 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Honestly, I don't know anyone who isn't a fanatic about football season. They don't like going to the games as much as they like seeing it on tv though. It can be a hassle. And they all love red zone. Many offices have pools going on which makes the season exciting.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Default NFL Players Want League To Make November A Month to Protest Police

If true, this will be interesting for ratings.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/nfl-month-activism-police/

Old 09-21-2017, 10:38 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are right - it has nothing to do with political activism.

In general, people are just tired of stomaching what they are serving. There's nothing political about it.

49ers-Rams tickets reselling for the price of two stadium pretzels

As of Wednesday, resale tickets were being offered on StubHub for as low as $14 to see the team host the Los Angeles Rams at 7 p.m. That price is just cheaper than buying a pair of $7.50 pretzels through the Levi's Stadium app and comparable to the price of a beer and a hot dog at the the three-year-old arena. According to the team's seat licensing map, the cheapest original face value for any seat is $85.

I still watch, but not as much. Certain teams will the high profile players that sit or kneel (not protest) during the anthem - I purposely turn them off.
Funny thing is, there probably won't be ten more entertaining games than tonight's - - certainly a shocker!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:43 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Funny thing is, there probably won't be ten more entertaining games than tonight's - - certainly a shocker!
It's the Rams and 49ers... not much shocking there. I just looked at the score since I watched none of it. Close game ...

Old 09-22-2017, 12:24 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Whenever the teams wear the glow in the dark uniforms, I'm not interested.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:04 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
I love football!
Tonight's game was extremely entertaining.
I didn't like either team, but that didn't matter.
I rooted for Bum's son's team.
I fast forward through everything but the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies