Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:42 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ruby didn't even protest and she sure made a lot of people angry. It goes to show that those who say "protest the right way" are simply saying "shut up and get to the back of the bus".
Someone mentioned Rosa Parks. Rosa Parks made alot of people angry by breaking a bigoted law. Some laws are not meant to be followed.

Now, as for Ruby Bridges, all she had to do was be a little girl to anger people.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:42 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I wonder if he took the knee before or after Kaepernick wore those disgusting pig/cop socks?
Is it really that hard to put 2 and 2 together to realize this was a few days ago?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Hard to talk about NFL ratings dropping when Monday Night Football won the week for September 18th - 24th.Thursday night got the second spot. Pre & Post games shows also in top five for week.

NFL dominating the ratings that week --

Now this week the major networks are bringing back some of your faves -- DAncing With the Stars, etc...so NFL may see a drop. We all know who really controls the remote and it is not the men -- Wives, will be tuning in to see who can dance the best dance to the worst cover songs ever on TV. LOL.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Someone mentioned Rosa Parks. Rosa Parks made alot of people angry by breaking a bigoted law. Some laws are not meant to be followed.

Now, as for Ruby Bridges, all she had to do was be a little girl to anger people.
Unconstitutional demands are not either.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Do you understood what "building awareness" means?
Do you really expect us to think that "awareness" has not and does not already exist prior to these overpaid and pampered millionaires sideline protests?
All of the kneeling that came after the washed up 49er QB's first few has become "me too" sheeple and "I hate Trump" statements.

I'm waiting for these guys to start wearing Anti-Faaa flag pins and spouting their nonsense...

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Here is the statistics..

So what are they kneeling for?
Exactly. A false belief used to shame the United States.

2,301 posts, read 2,033,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Why would I do that?

Why would I lecture someone instead of listening and showing empathy?

I'm also smart enough to know when folks discuss racism they aren't literally saying ALL white people.

Only those who are racist should feel any type of blame when they hear someone talking about racism.

If you aren't racist why would you feel like you were being attacked?
I think we are back to my original post, posted before talk of Asians secretly confiding their thoughts concerning racism to blacks without any whites knowing due to the Asians' distrust in whites...

The guy says that Chris Rock stated it best when he said that no white man in America would trade places with him despite the fact that he is rich. Well, of course there are countless white men who would trade places with Chris Rock. Probably many millions. That doesn't tell me anything.

I do not know exactly, precisely what the problem is. I do not know exactly what is being protested. There is racism to some level or another in this country but I wonder why Asians do not complain about anti Asian racism. Persons of Asian ethnicity fought against America in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam and I would think if anything would provoke racism, that would. So is there racism against Asian-Americans worthy of their protesting? If not, we should ask: why not?

For decades I have been saying that blacks need to join-up with the larger culture. If they don't, they will always be on the outside looking in. And in the case of blacks, unfortunately that often means on the outside in violent, substandard neighborhoods with single parent households. That's the reality, is it not? Even those citizens do not deserve to face racism, but it becomes difficult for members of the larger culture to automatically dismiss a feeling of angst harbored for individuals when there are negative statistics pertaining to their particular ethnicity. The problem has no end when persons voluntarily decide that they would rather be on the outside looking in, especially where, and how they live on the outside.

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. All true. The NFL is far cleaner than it once was.

What I still don't get though, is why the NFL gets a bigger pass than the NBA when the NFL STILL has far more thuggery than basketball players in the NBA.

Same for hockey, which is crawling with goons.
Do a search online for 'NBA player arrested,/charged' and the hits keep on coming.

sports should not be showcase for political dissention. People watch it as an escape and for entertainment. The kneelers are like pop up ads, very annoying.

Next best thing to having a good dream interrupted by a sales call for vinyl siding.

NFL double standard banning pink for breast cancer of blue to honor cops killed in dallas, then allow demonstrations that turn most viewers off who in turn, turn off the NFL.

Just as relieving yourself requires a proper time and place, so does political dissention. Pis in my driveway and I don't don't care if you are trying to save speckled pups from the butcher shop, you just lost a potential supporter.

Goodell is doing his best climb out of the bucket of bad publicity he owns.

The other year at Rutgers, darn near the entire team was fitted with ankle bracelets. an egageration, but not too far off. Collage and pro Sports, in general, has morphed into a moral and ethical swamp.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
So you would choose not to watch something you enjoyed when you could simply not watch a few minutes at the start of a game or use a "mute" button. Got it. In addition, what I'm seeing are people allowing someone they claim to be a moron (Colin Kaepernick) control their actions (even more interesting ).
You obviously don't get it do you? Why pay the salaries of people who disrespect them and their country?

Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. All true. The NFL is far cleaner than it once was.

What I still don't get though, is why the NFL gets a bigger pass than the NBA when the NFL STILL has far more thuggery than basketball players in the NBA.

Same for hockey, which is crawling with goons.
Hockey is crawling with goons? In today's game? Man..you ought not comment on things you know nothing about.

In fact I left hockey too BECAUSE Bettman took AWAY the old brand of hockey you so carelessly referred to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies