Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Pray in secret, pray ceaselessly if need be, pray in public to flip Trump the bird, and thusly many of those white folk in the stands?

No.

That don't fly.

Is the police force in Baltimore federally assigned?
" I come before you kneeling. I have something to say, please listen".

Old 10-01-2017, 01:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,860,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again football is a sport and these over paid players should do their obligation. The Racism is in the mind of these players and the left. We have progress as a country and the racism on the level they suggest in made up in their minds.

Please return the game to the Fans, not a obscure point.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Again football is a sport and these over paid players should do their obligation. The Racism is in the mind of these players and the left. We have progress as a country and the racism on the level they suggest in made up in their minds.
There is nothing made up.

Eighth Baltimore police officer arrested in federal racketeering conspiracy

Old 10-01-2017, 02:26 PM

404 posts, read 192,264 times
So many combinations for the letters of the NFL being bandied around.

Most apt should be the National Fools League.

Unable to get their story straight. One says it is police injustice, another says it is the flag , then somebody else hints at the president.

Those meatheads should have just kept their mouths closed and kept the money to do so. Only when they finally did give comments did the whole charade fall apart.

In the end , Trump it must be said brought them to heel. The very sight of the pres. anymore will scare those prima donna meatheads into line.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:48 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,614,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post

Unable to get their story straight. One says it is police injustice, another says it is the flag , then somebody else hints at the president.

Those meatheads should have just kept their mouths closed and kept the money to do so. Only when they finally did give comments did the whole charade fall apart.

In the end , Trump it must be said brought them to heel. The very sight of the pres. anymore will scare those prima donna meatheads into line.
So you want an authoritarian president who strikes fear into his people. Very North Korea of you. I suspect this is what most Trump people want but good for you for actually saying it.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
So you want an authoritarian president who strikes fear into his people. Very North Korea of you. I suspect this is what most Trump people want but good for you for actually saying it.
The problem precede's Trump.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:33 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,912,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
White people in Baltimore were so blind with hysteria they booed the team kneeling to pray before the anthem.
Like you did when Tim Tebow prayed?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:42 PM

17,924 posts, read 27,329,645 times
Quote:
Watch me world as I pray.

Look at my good works. They are flying in the sky on that banner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post

All Trump did was polarize America's Sundays.

Since when do people fear Trump or do what he say?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:52 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,053,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'd argue that it's to the point that the black community can ONLY be policed by black police officers.

In the minds of many blacks--any confrontation between a white police officer and a black citizen automatically includes implicit bias. It's ALWAYS the leading scapegoat. For some odd reason, alot of black folks think they should never be considered suspects or charged with a crime by a white police officer regardless of the situation or circumstances; the incident with Michael Bennett being detained in Vegas is a clear cut example of that.

The impetus is that race is always the mitigating factor when the cop is white and the citizen is black. To explain otherwise is condoning "racism." In order to to get around that, (and the many law suits and destruction of public property, the riots and libel claims towards police officers) the only other answer is to strictly use black cops to police black neighborhoods. There's no other way around it.
Yes. Black police officers patrolling black majority neighborhoods is the ONLY way to keep the race card from being used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what!???? NO the white and black and green and blue-- all need to treat each other EQUALYYYYYYYYYYYYY:sma ck:
Maybe 500 years from now, but the black community has this HUGE chip on their shoulder and have grievances over the past 500 years of how white people have oppressed them. Until the black community moves forward, there will ALWAYS be blacks complaining about racial bias. Having a 100% black police force to deal with the black community is the only way to put the race bias claims to rest.

I do see a problem with there not being enough blacks to step forward to take on this challenge... but aren't the rest of us tired of the BLM and Antifa groups with all of their whining about the mistreatment of blacks?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:52 PM

1,796 posts, read 607,794 times
Quote:
Zachary Stinson is a perfect example of why we should protest. We did that to him and for what reason? No, that is not why the NFL is kneeling but it is a part of the reason why I have NO problem with the kneeling. We should all be giving a big middle finger to the country for what is is doing to the people.

No one will be able to explain when kneeling became disrespectful or why Zachary Stinson was in Afghanistan to start with. Why do we not care about the corruption in the police force in Baltimore? Why do we not care that there are very likely many behind bars simply because of this corruption.

The United States is corrupt. I want that changed.
Not only am I a veteran, I am also an immigrant. Our family fled communism and settled in the US.

A country with contestant governments will result in a civil war. The corollary is that a country with contestant symbols will result in a divided people. This reasons out that a symbol should be a unifying factor.

No country is perfect, but from my personal experience, the US is better than most. By most, I do not mean %50.1 of the countries out there. More like %80.

If no country is perfect, that means it must have a blend of 'good' and 'bad' things and people. So the question is how does one compare the good/bad pairs between countries ? Actually being in those countries help. When I was active duty, I experienced the good/bad of West Berlin, then the good/bad of East Berlin ( when they existed ). Although the experience was brief as I was only a tourist for a few days, it was still interesting to see the radical differences between the two sides of the Cold War. I also experienced the good/bad of the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

When people make these comparisons, inevitably they asks themselves where would they want to live. So it always come down to GOOD/bad or good/BAD in assessment. Take this 'freedom of speech' right Americans and Westerners enjoys. Is it GOOD/bad or good/BAD in our countries ?

There is nothing abstract about what I asked.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1BC4HK
Quote:
Anyone who mocks China’s national anthem faces up to 15 days in police detention after parliament criminalized such acts in a new law on Friday that covers Hong Kong and Macau.
When I was in Turkey, we were briefed prior to arrival that we must not show any disrespect to any visual depiction of Kemal Ataturk, of which just about every town and city have somewhere.

So it is safe to assess that as far as the 'freedom of speech' right goes, the US and the West is GOOD/bad whereas for China and Turkey is is good/BAD. Essentially, in China and Turkey, showing the middle finger towards their symbols of national significance will get that member cut off. That is why when it comes to rights and freedoms, no one brings up China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the ( once ) Soviet Union, or assorted dictatorships in Africa as examples to emulate.

As the national symbol represents everything there is about a country, it also must suffer containment of the bad things as well. Do you give the middle finger to your husband/wife boyfriend/girlfriend dog/cat just because each of them contains that good/bad pair ? The marriage vow expects standing with each other thru the bad times as well as the good, it also means supporting each other despite the things you may not like about each other because you chose to value the good over the bad. That means no middle finger. Period.

Recently, Saudi Arabia finally gave their women the freedom to drive.

How long did that take ?

In emphasizing the good over the bad, you are not whitewashing or covering up anything. When the 'freedom of speech' came, it did not came from nothing. It evolved from having a deficit to being a surplus. It means if you continuously emphasizing the bad things about the US, you are not giving due credit to the previous generations of Americans who made possible the evolution of the country to the status it is today. You take the good and say this is where we must stand. People already know the bad. They are living in it. It is moving towards the good that is the unknown. No one among the writers of the Constitution had any idea on how the 'freedom of speech' idea would work for the country. But they were living in a condition where there was such a deficit of so many rights and freedoms that they felt the unknown was worth the risk.

The result is a country that evolved many things from being good/BAD to GOOD/bad at a pace that no one wanted to try in their own countries.

Do you think that there is going to be mass protests in China over the government's new law ? Not likely. That is the Chinese people -- as a whole -- for you to think about.

On the other hand, any US politician that even propose such an idea is going to be excoriated in the press, let alone experiencing public protests in his district of representation. That is the American people -- as a whole -- for you to think about.

By the way, I am Asian-American, so drop any charge of racism.

So when you chose to give the middle finger to the US flag, you are engaging in the same hyperbole that you earlier mocked about me. Further, you are not making any contribution to any changes because essentially, you insulted ALL the good and bad things about the US. You insulted the sacrifices of the civil rights fighters as well as the Klansmen. You insulted the slaves as well as the slaveholder. You insulted both men and women. You insulted civilians and military. You insulted the draft dodgers as well as the willing patriots. You insulted the technologists and the Luddites.

You insulted EVERYTHING there is about the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies