Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:55 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It is when one holds a double standard.

i.e. One for Trump, one for everyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Oh that's right we are not allowed to criticize Barry-The-Great.
I see reading comprehension is at an all time low. My post pointed out that criticism of Obama does not preclude criticism of Trump (or vice versa). So taking about "double-standards" or a prohibition of criticism of Obama make zero sense.

But thanks for trying to deflect from the topic at hand. If you want to discuss Obama's press conferences and criticize them (a perfectly fine thread, given that Obama was far from perfect), have at it. Here, we are talking about Trump and the NFL protests. Do try to keep up and not be so transparent.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
We know you don't like Trump. It's not really about Trump but people will scapegoat him because they are sheep.

The same sheeple who mock and badmouth Christianity, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy sit around and consume everything the msm throws at them.

Glad to see one of your own, old Weinstein get his raisins in the wringer, so now rape and sex assault and other abuse can no longer be en vogue.

What's Hollywood gonna do for fun now?

Talk about throwing in the kitchen sink.

I used to go to the 12 step meetings and had to stop going because they got so watered down and political, they literally ran us F-ing drunks out. Take for instance the A to Z meetings... Adult Bad Children of Dysfunctional Evil Families Getting Hooked Into Just Keeping Little Mean Nasty Old People Quiet Requiring Stupendous Tenancy Utilizing Vociferousness With eXtraordinarily Youthful Zeal.

Yeah, I took my cup of coffee and Stopped Coming Back.
I'm not a liberal. I'm anti-Trump because he is liar, a fake, a fraud and the biggest swamp creature you'll ever meet. You Trump supporters have been conned into beleiving he is the greatest thong simce sliced bread. He isn't, he is a divider. United we stand, divided we fall and America is fall far more with Trump as President.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:33 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm not a liberal. I'm anti-Trump because he is liar, a fake, a fraud and the biggest swamp creature you'll ever meet. You Trump supporters have been conned into beleiving he is the greatest thong simce sliced bread. He isn't, he is a divider. United we stand, divided we fall and America is fall far more with Trump as President.
you think people voted for Trump because they thought he would be a good president?

lol

Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I see reading comprehension is at an all time low..
Ad hominem fallacy.

Get back to us when you wish to discuss what was posted.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
. You Trump supporters have been conned into beleiving he is the greatest thong simce sliced bread. He isn't, he is a divider. United we stand, divided we fall and America is fall far more with Trump as President.
Trump's supporters are "deplorable" argument. Didn't work for Hillary either.

The NFL management caved. The management has seen the writing on the wall. The people are with Trump on this and that is the end of the story.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Ad hominem fallacy.

Get back to us when you wish to discuss what was posted.
Sure. Explain to me how it is a double standard to posit that one can criticize both Obama and Trump.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Sure. Explain to me how it is a double standard to posit that one can criticize both Obama and Trump.
Already explained it. Maybe you should pay mind to your own criticism.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Trump's supporters are "deplorable" argument. Didn't work for Hillary either.

The NFL management caved. The management has seen the writing on the wall. The people are with Trump on this and that is the end of the story.
If the people are with Trump. Then break the NFL. Right now the people upset are only bending the bar. Make it snap in half. I want to see the NFL break\burn. Its not reached the place I would like it to go.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Already explained it. Maybe you should pay mind to your own criticism.
Where did you explain how it is a double standard to posit that one can criticize both Obama and Trump? Link or quote your post. Its nowhere that I see.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Where did you explain how it is a double standard to posit that one can criticize both Obama and Trump? Link or quote your post. Its nowhere that I see.
Never said that as you take the post out of context.

Criticize Trump for something that you excuse Obama for doing, it's a double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies