Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe #TakeAKnee is trending on twitter.

The left has been taken over by its fringe elements and it is sad to watch.

I know some people just hate liberals but I actually would like a sane Democratic Party.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:13 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Birtherism was stupid, and one of the reasons I did not vote for Trump. But Birtherism did not necessarily have anything to do with race. It was about whether President Obama was born in a foreign country. Remember, birtherism had its genesis among supporters of Hillary Clinton, according to liberal writer Jon Avlon.

What is your evidence that Trump's dalliance w/ birtherism was predicated on racism?

Anyone who criticizes Obama is automatically labeled a racist in order to shut him up. Now the accused is put on defense and is forced to deny racism, raising eyebrows about the denial, and the false accusation becomes a permanent smear.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:17 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Didn't Trump himself admired the man not all that long ago, calling him a pretty smart cookie. And when Obama was in office, seem like many on the right admired Putin.
Of course not.

What a a silly, fact challenged sentence. Why do posters under 30 on CD blatantly fib & then have the huevos grandes to suggest that older (experienced) people are the "dotards".

Under 30 progressives need a nap & a juice box daily or they get fussy & p*ssy.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I'm going to assume some of you didn't play football in school. They're not kneeling in reverence, they're taking a knee.

If they were on both knees, you'd have a point.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:23 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is sorta where I think a lot of people think. It seems to me like a very mainstream viewpoint.
Sadly being mainstream means you are a racist these days. If you aren't on the far left you aren't right. Dangerous times we live in. Dangerous times indeed. I grew up pledging allegiance to America every day in school until i was 11. Then it became more of a now and than thing and I always found that odd. I grew up to respect the flag and rise and take your hat off when the Star Spangled Banner was played at sporting events. I was a teenager when it became legal to burn the flag. I always thought that was wrong even if it was free speech. Some things are meant to be scared and untouched. I don't mind a little discourse or civil disobedience but man I feel like we have moved well beyond that type of attitude and protesting. There is no more middle ground, no more compromise. This is how civil war starts.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:24 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Bad enough using language that's un-Presidential. (calling Kaepernick and SOB). Now, telling owners and fans what to do (fire the players and walk out!)......let's see how that goes, long term! Or does this dude really care!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People may get upset and not watch sports for a while in protest. But we all know that won't last long. Sports is too ingrained in our culture to suffer the kind of losses the Trumplings are hoping they will suffer at the moment. And when Trump's 4 years are up most won't even remember what they were mad about.
Not only that but an NFL player's career is statistically shorter than 4 years. The average career is 2.5 years. Most of these America hating sons of ******* will be long gone before Trump's first term is up. Many will be broke or bankrupt because they couldn't manage their money. A few will be dead or in prison. SO while the owners will say the right thing in support of their players as soon as they can't perform on the field they will be cut faster than a gang green toe on a diabetic and forgotten about. A mere footnote. Kaepernick can attest to this personally and he could still play the game a little bit and no one wants him on their team. The NFL hates controversy. They are just biding their time.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Folk in society attacking a peaceful stand, (whether you agree with it, or not, it was peaceful!), but condone the President of the United States using foul language!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you don't......PBS Poll, which they are very liberal.

White Americans of all ages disapprove of the protests by a margin of 63 percent to 30 percent. Hispanic Americans disapprove of the protests by a smaller margin, 45 percent to 36 percent.However, black Americans of all ages approve of the protests 74 percent to 17 percent.

by the way, the 36% of Hispanics that approves it wouldn't approve it if done to their Native country's flag and National Anthem....NO Mexican will approve athletes kneeling down to the Mexican National Anthem and Mexican Flag in public....that's a big no-no for them. They would get violent on that athlete, he would need heavy security just to walk around in Mexico.

if Canelo Alvarez a famous Mexican boxer kneels down in every of his fights to the Mexican National Anthem and Mexican Flag because he has "issues" with the Mexican police or the Mexican government he would be done and outcast by the Mexican people, you can ask any Mexican.

We in our country cut so much slack for blacks because of the WHITE GUILT that any other group would never get away with it kneeling down to our flag and national anthem every week in public and bad mouthing our country and the police. They would be outcast.

White Americans largely disapprove of national anthem protests, poll finds | PBS NewsHour
Since you brought the Mexican police up lets talk about that group of people for a second. Blacks think they have it hard in the United States with the police just pull some of that crap in Mexico with a Mexican cop. They won't take you to the police station they will take you out to the desert and leave your dumb ass there. They don't play around.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Well, I for one have every faith that the sports world-- whose record on murder, drug abuse, severe spousal abuse, and dog-fighting rings is completely spotless -- is really throwing stones form a house of balkanized steel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies