Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,791,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The gun was just the same as many of those many of us played with as kids. Those who called it in noted it was most likely a toy.

The most important fact is that the officer had zero business being one.
The orange cap was taken off, it didn't look like a toy anymore because the toy was realistic in look and size. This is an indisputable fact.

I do agree with you the cop messed up but having "zero business being one" is a bit harsh. I agree with firing him, but this is a little strong.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The orange cap was taken off, it didn't look like a toy anymore because the toy was realistic in look and size. This is an indisputable fact.

I do agree with you the cop messed up but having "zero business being one" is a bit harsh. I agree with firing him, but this is a little strong.
He had already been deemed mentally unfit to be a police officer by another local police force.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,111,937 times
There are 3 types of people that are in opposition of NFL players taking a knee to protest social injustice. These types are white supremacists, supporters of white supremacy or the uninformed...

It's funny how these people are more concerned with posting than they are with injustice. We all know the reasons why...

Old 10-30-2017, 11:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,071,344 times
Most people do not agree with the take a knee BS.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:32 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There are 3 types of people that are in opposition of NFL players taking a knee to protest social injustice. These types are white supremacists, supporters of white supremacy or the uninformed...

It's funny how these people are more concerned with posting than they are with injustice. We all know the reasons why...
There is only one type of person who would post nonsense like this...

Old 10-31-2017, 05:59 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,759,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

Only a racist, a traitor or an idiot would think these things.

(Or someone who is 2 of the 3)

Old 10-31-2017, 06:51 AM

51,604 posts, read 25,617,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Most people do not agree with the take a knee BS.
Wrong again.

Poll: Majority says NFL players' protests are appropriate | TheHill

Old 10-31-2017, 06:55 AM

Several people have tried to get my military-retired spouse to weigh in on what he thinks of NFL players "disrespecting" the military, the flag.

Each time he sets them straight about how he risked his life to protect their right to do just this.

He says that the disrespect for the nation is coming from those who are trying to do away with this basic freedom to take a stand for what you believe in.

He sees through BS.

It's one of the reasons I love the man.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:19 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,843,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Several people have tried to get my military-retired spouse to weigh in on what he thinks of NFL players "disrespecting" the military, the flag.

Each time he sets them straight about how he risked his life to protect their right to do just this.

He says that the disrespect for the nation is coming from those who are trying to do away with this basic freedom to take a stand for what you believe in.

He sees through BS.

It's one of the reasons I love the man.
Im also a vet and I agree with your husband. I also agree that people who disagree with taking a knee during the anthem have the right to protest it by opting to tune out.
I also believe that when you work for a company that company has the right to set policy in regard to making political statements while you are on the clock. In other words where I work I can't wear T-shirts with political slogans, or hold mini-rallies in the break areas.
These athletes are certainly entitled to their opinions, beliefs, and have the absolute right to protest on their own time. The owners have the right to ban protests while the players are on the field, in the locker room or while representing their teams. Freedom goes both ways.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im also a vet and I agree with your husband. I also agree that people who disagree with taking a knee during the anthem have the right to protest it by opting to tune out.
I also believe that when you work for a company that company has the right to set policy in regard to making political statements while you are on the clock. In other words where I work I can't wear T-shirts with political slogans, or hold mini-rallies in the break areas.
These athletes are certainly entitled to their opinions, beliefs, and have the absolute right to protest on their own time. The owners have the right to ban protests while the players are on the field, in the locker room or while representing their teams. Freedom goes both ways.
Exactly.

He could not have worn a "Stop the War" t-shirt under his flight suit. He would occasionally comment on how he didn't have the rights that he was risking his life for others to have.

The owners have the right to bench or fire the players. Fans have a right to tune out. Players have a right to take a knee.

We are still a free country. For the moment, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies