Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 01:59 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The Arizona residents who voted for McCain solely on the stance he took re Obamacare during the election season leading up to his re-election have a right to blame him...because he lied to them. Given that, it wasn't surprising that someone audibly called him a liar on the senate floor right after he cast that vote.
I know that I didn't vote for that senile old fool. I'm looking into what laws are in place to get that jackass removed from office for senelity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 02:08 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
An assurance from a politician means nothing because they all lie. So Ryan's word meant nothing. McCain did the right thing. Graham would have voted no and there were 10 more republican senators on the fence. This would not have passed anyway, so it's not really McCain's fault. McCain told them to vote yes and his vote would be the deciding factor. The more people who are in the insurance pool lowers the cost for all of us.
It amazes me that you have the nerve to type the bolded slice of cynical moral relativism, yet are comfortable accusing others of not having a conscience because they want to repeal the ACA.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:13 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I doubt if in McCains position with brain cancer, he is the least bit worried about what Trump thinks of him. Trump can't be too concerned with who likes him either.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Arizona took the Medicaid expansion.
Not because of McCain. That wasn't up to one of two Senators.

Quote:
Voting for the bills that kill the Medicaid expansion hurts his constituents.
If being sensitive to that was important to McCain, then he shouldn't have run campaign ads in his last campaign that had the slant re Obamacare that they did.

Last edited by RMESMH; 07-31-2017 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: CORRECTED ONE CHARACTER TYPO

Old 07-31-2017, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Yes, Trump was way out of bounds in his comments on McCain. On McCain's part, only a very small man would punish 320M Americans to get back at someone that was mean to them.
Re the bolded....yes, Trump was way out of bounds re his comments about McCain (I'm assuming you mean the not a war hero/I like ones who weren't captured comment).

Old 07-31-2017, 05:28 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump is used to insulting people who have no power. Was McCain was just bidding his time to get even? I doubt McCain's no vote was retaliation but Trump's insult didn't buy him any favors with McCain either. He knows he's dying soon and did the right thing for the country. I hope the senate will consider the speech McCain made a few days ago and gets back to doing things the way our Founding Fathers envisioned our leaders working together.
Wont happen. Both parties are run by their crazies.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
An assurance from a politician means nothing because they all lie. So Ryan's word meant nothing. McCain did the right thing. Graham would have voted no and there were 10 more republican senators on the fence. This would not have passed anyway, so it's not really McCain's fault. McCain told them to vote yes and his vote would be the deciding factor. The more people who are in the insurance pool lowers the cost for all of us.
How do you know,were you in the room when it was all said and done or are you just depending on what some talking head said? The only proven evidence (video/audio) was he tried to hide behind Ducey's pants leg by blaming the vote on him and Ducey backing away from that quickly...

Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re the bolded....yes, Trump was way out of bounds re his comments about McCain (I'm assuming you mean the not a war hero/I like ones who weren't captured comment).
Yep, he's a "hero" alright....

Quote:
McCain graduated almost bottom of his class. He was 790th out of 795. McCain lost many aircraft over the course of his military career – five in total. He admitted himself that he had a "reputation for mayhem". One of these incidents, on board the USS Forrestal, involved the death of 144 sailors and was the most serious "accident" the navy had experienced since the Second World War. It appears that McCain's incompetence played a significant part in increasing the severity of the incident when, in a frightened scramble to get out of the aircraft, he pressed the bomb release button by mistake, dropping a bomb from his aircraft onto the burning fire. It detonated one minute later, killing many people. After escaping from the aircraft, McCain shamefully left the deck and hid below, then, within hours, flew to Saigon for some "R n' R" while funeral services were still being arranged for his shipmates. Most pilots who lost aircraft in the way and at the rate McCain did would have been kicked out of the service. But McCain had protection from up on high. His father was an admiral. He was an untouchable. So McCain blundered his way through his military career until he was finally shot down.
McCain's Military Record Shows He Is Unfit To Be President - For & Against

Old 07-31-2017, 10:02 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
If that happens to be the case then McCain is an 80+ year old baby and he needs to be tossed.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:11 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Trump doesn't like heros that were captured, McCain doesn't like presidents that are turds. It balanced out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies