Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 06:15 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It is not clear that identifying them as Asian helped them find the two men. Nice try.
What do you mean nice try.

They were found within hours and are in police custody - end of story.

It's now most likely up to the Courts to decide their fate.

As for IC System why are you even bothered, it's a generic system based mainly on a brief description and is one of many factors including sex, age, height, weight, hair colour, clothing, distinguishing features etc etc. They even had photographs and also most likely forensics.

The decsriptions may or may not have helped, they may already have files on the police national computer with pictures of them, there may have been a DNA Match with a previous offence which was matched on the National DNA Database, and DNA can be extracted from seamen.

What is the UK National DNA Database? | Facts | yourgenome.org

There may have been recognised from the photographs, who knows or even cares. The only thing that matters is the police have made arrests and they are off the streets and in police custody.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-30-2017 at 06:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As for IC System why are you even bothered, it's a generic system based mainly on a brief description and is one of many factors including sex, age, height, weight, hair colour, clothing, distinguishing features etc etc. They even had photographs and also most likely forensics.
It's far more specific than Asian.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
It's far more specific than Asian.
I am afraid I have explained the system in some detail and this isn't going anywhere or contributing to anything.

The system is basically based on 6 sections mainly according to parts of continents, it is not designed as some kind of definitive guide and is used alongside numerous other criteria I have already mentioned.

DNA accounts for 60% of arrest, indeed possibly more in sex crime cases and the UK has one of the largest and most comprehensive DNA Databases, whilst the advent of CCTV in public places such as train stations means identification is more imaged based than simply relying on codes. Indeed white can mean a lot of things, it can mean someone from the UK or Ireland, Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand, South Africa, Europe including Russia and other parts of the world. The polie terms are just generic and used quickly to give the police a quick description on which to react. They are nothing more.

If you want to go on arguing and spouting nonsense then find someone else, as I have other things to do.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-30-2017 at 07:36 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I am afraid I have explained the system in some detail and this isn't going anywhere or contributing to anything.

The system is basically based on 6 sections mainly according to parts of continents, it is not designed as some kind of definitive guide and is used alongside numerous other criteria I have already mentioned.

DNA accounts for 60% of arrest, indeed possibly more in sex crime cases and the UK has one of the largest and most comprehensive DNA Databases, whilst the advent of CCTV in public places such as train stations means identification is more imaged based than simply relying on codes.

If you want to go on arguing and spouting nonsense then find someone else, as I have other things to do.
This is good news. Your hostile tone is unwarranted and unwelcome.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
This is good news. Your hostile tone is unwarranted and unwelcome.
The good news is I don't have to deal with your ignorance any further.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
The good news is I don't have to deal with your ignorance any further.
And yet you keep coming back.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Purposely misleading although Asia Minor is turkey. No doubt one of the invaders from the east, the ancient enemy/barbarians have been allowed free roam. Insanity.
Turkish people are actually caucasians, as are the arabs.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Turkish people are actually caucasians, as are the arabs.
For now.

They might add a new US Census racial category for Middle Eastern people.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ople/91322064/

Old 07-30-2017, 08:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
For now.

They might add a new US Census racial category for Middle Eastern people.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ople/91322064/
Editing the US census does not change the definition of caucasian.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Editing the US census does not change the definition of caucasian.
I didn't say it did.

Let me clarify.
I didn't mean to say that the US Census gets to decide what the definition of caucasian is.

I just thought it was notable that they are adding this category.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 07-30-2017 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: to clarify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies