Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times

Advertisements

I think criminal prosecution of these mayors and anyone else including liberal sheriffs, jail officials and it needs to happen now. And lawsuits against the cities as well. This is insane

Illegal immigrant freed by sanctuary law charged with rape | Daily Mail Online

Illegal Mexican immigrant, 31, who has been deported TWENTY times 'rapes woman, 65, at knife-point' just months after Portland released him from jail under 'sanctuary' policy

Sergio Jose Martinez, 31, is charged with 13 counts - including burglary, kidnapping, sodomy and sex abuse - in the knife-point attacks on two women in Portland on Monday. Six months ago, on December 7, jail officials in Portland had Martinez in custody when they received an immigration detainer request from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. Yet the local officials released him the next day in defiance of the feds, the agency said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I hope this actually starts to happen.
But Republicans are wimps in areas like this. Too afraid of being called racists by bullying liberals and their corrupt media.

I also want to see businesses reported and fined for hiring illegals.
Why isn't this happening with businesses that hire illegals???
That's the quickest way to get illegals to self-deport -- no jobs.
Saves us a lot of money not having to drag them through deportation court.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
But Republicans are wimps in areas like this. Too afraid of being called racists by bullying liberals and their corrupt media.

I agree with this. I have nothing but disgust for the republican party cowardliness. Look at how many times you see left wingers and libs on this board praising old school republicans and conservatives, lol , you know if a lib loves a republican he or she is open border and globalist and basically a democrat.

I hope trump breaks the whole damn party up and creates a real right wing party

Old 07-29-2017, 11:34 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I like Jindal and I am glad to see we have a guy like Homan at ICE

"Bobby Jindal said that mayors of “sanctuary cities†that don’t report undocumented immigrants to the federal government should be arrested.

“Should a mayor of a sanctuary city who ignores federal law be arrested?†Jindal was asked after he referred to those mayors as “partners-in-crime.â€

“Absolutely,†he responded. “I would hold them as an accomplice, make them criminally culpable.â€

“I’d also make them civilly liable so that families, victim’s families could sue,†he continued. “Especially if the prosecutors aren’t taking action or the mayor’s not changing their ways, I’d allow the families to go to court to sue them civilly as well to recover damages.â€

Homan called out the “most un-American sanctuary cities†and put them on notice. He’s now revealing more details as to what may be awaiting them. For starters, he’s talking about arresting the leaders of those cities on charges of violating federal anti-smuggling laws.

The country’s top immigration enforcement officer says he is looking into charging sanctuary city leaders with violating federal anti-smuggling laws because he is fed up with local officials putting their communities and his officers at risk by releasing illegal immigrants from jail.

Thomas Homan, the acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also told Americans to expect more work site enforcement targeting unscrupulous employers and more 287(g) agreements with willing police and sheriff’s departments that want to help get illegal immigrants off their streets.
How ironic that Piyush Jindal (his real name), the son of immigrants, is against immigrants. What a hypocrite, you can't make this stuff up.....

Old 07-30-2017, 03:23 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
I would like to see the mayors held civilly liable, but criminal charges may be a bit too far. Unless of course the mayors aided or abetted. I do like Jindal though.
Read the law. It's not just aiding or abetting, it's harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting. Read the law

With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...1324a-offenses

And if you read the entire law, you'll see that the 5-10 years prison term is for EACH illegal alien

For mayors, police chiefs, etc., that could easily add up to a 100 year prison term, or more.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How ironic that Piyush Jindal (his real name), the son of immigrants, is against immigrants. What a hypocrite, you can't make this stuff up.....
He's against ILLEGAL aliens. Illegal aliens are foreign invaders, not "immigrants."

Old 07-30-2017, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

That's not as easy as people think...

Illegal aliens run underground economy unlicensed businesses in the U.S., and employ other illegal aliens while paying no FICA, no federal income tax, etc.

Quote:
"Up to half of illegal immigrants ...are believed to work in a large shadow economy, where workers are compensated in cash, don't report the income and don't pay income taxes."
Illegal immigrants' place in the 'underground' economy often reflects culture as well as caution

And because it appears as if they have no income, they easily sign up their "anchor" children (who shouldn't even be US citizens at all, same as their parents) for all kinds of freebie welfare benefits, on top of that tax-free and unreported income.

Illegal aliens' underground economy unlicensed, unregistered, and therefore untaxed businesses, untaxed employees' income, etc., is hardly ever talked about.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:44 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What a foolish comment. Embarrassingly so.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:25 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
So the 50% of the country that did not vote for Trump and perhaps live in places that local preferences prevail over Federal ones should be punished both financially, judicially, even perhaps physically ?

I thought Trump supporters were against Federal Government overreach ?
"So the 50% of the country that did not vote for Trump"

Which has NOTING to do with anything.

When was the LAST time 50% voted for ANY President?

Heck, when was the last time 50% voted PERIOD?

Old 07-30-2017, 05:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yeah... bullying them into submission will work.
Got any better ideas for how to get them to do their jobs?
Didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies