Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 07:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,094,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
During a Saturday discussion about Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) potentially running for president on MSNBC’s “AM Joy,” host Joy Reid asked her panel if the United States of America was going to be the last country in the West to elect a woman as president.

“It does seem to me that it was easier to elect a black man, in a sense, than to elect any woman,” Reid stated. “So what are we talking about? Are we going to be the last Western country on Earth … What are we talking about, ten years, 20 years? When is this country going to be ready?”

Joy Reid: Are We Going to Be the Last Western Country to Elect a Woman President? - Breitbart

The desperation of Democrats to elect a woman president might cause them to make sure the nominee in 2020 is female above anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 07:39 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
If so it will only be because we were the last western nation to put up a worthy female candidate. It will speak well of us if we only elect a woman when it is the right woman, and will speak poorly of us if we elect a woman just so we can say we elected a woman.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,070 times
A lot of dems/libs from California are anti-gun and support gun control. They might win the urban areas in the West Coast and Northeast, but would turn off alot of voters in the midwest and south.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:59 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,910,103 times
Put a well qualified, "honorable" woman on the ballot and she'll have a good chance of winning.

Look at what Satan's stepdaughter almost did in Nov 16.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
No one loves Joy Reid as much as i do, but this is a non issue to me.

The United States has already elected a black president, and we're the lowest group on the totem pole. We're damn sure lower on the totem pole than white women.

Hillary Clinton could've easily won this past election if she'd had her campaign and message together, but she rejected the populism that Trump was smart enough to jump all over. She was trying to be too middle of the road instead of acting like a damn Democrat. We're a liberal party...BE A DAMN LIBERAL. Say that we're getting out of the wars, bringing our troops home, getting healthcare for all Americans, allowing Americans to buy their medicines from Canada, negotiating prescription costs for Medicare, starting up a major public works project for infrastructure across America, investing more money into public education, ending the drug war and decriminalizing drugs on the federal level, etc, etc...

Enough with Democrats that pretend to be Republicans.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:27 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
When a woman is qualified and I agree with her politically, I will very happily vote for her. I won't vote for a woman just because she is a woman. That would be sexism.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When a woman is qualified and I agree with her politically, I will very happily vote for her. I won't vote for a woman just because she is a woman. That would be sexism.
I know that you are well aware that ONLY the Leftists can determine "sexism".

Old 07-29-2017, 08:39 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
A lot of dems/libs from California are anti-gun and support gun control. They might win the urban areas in the West Coast and Northeast, but would turn off alot of voters in the midwest and south.
It's interesting and ironic that California is so liberal yet they have never elected a female governor.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:42 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
We won't see a woman being elected for a very very long time - decades. Republicans won't elect a woman, they just won't, it's doubtful they would even nominate one. And Democrats nominated one and the Republican messaging became Democrats are anti-men; ignoring that every Democratic president has been a man.

The reality is women will be judged as women first while men will be judged as leaders first. Kim Jong Un or Duterte are not judged as male leaders even though they are men. But a female leader will be judged as a female first. Further, women do not support other women in the United States. Women attacked Hillary for her hair, her weight, her age, her clothes, Trump insulted her backside, they even attacked her willingness to stay with a man who cheated, while elected a known cheater. They preferred to elect the cheater rather than elect the victim of a cheater.

And let's not pretend this male president is doing well for the country, it's a complete disaster. We have the Game of Thrones going on in the White House right now and no one is saying anything about it being a reflection of a male president. Yet if a female president had this going on, it would be all about it being because it's a woman in office. So no, we will not be seeing a female president for a very long time, certainly past the baby boom generation at the very least.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:43 PM

45,553 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one loves Joy Reid as much as i do, but this is a non issue to me.

The United States has already elected a black president, and we're the lowest group on the totem pole. We're damn sure lower on the totem pole than white women.

Hillary Clinton could've easily won this past election if she'd had her campaign and message together, but she rejected the populism that Trump was smart enough to jump all over. She was trying to be too middle of the road instead of acting like a damn Democrat. We're a liberal party...BE A DAMN LIBERAL. Say that we're getting out of the wars, bringing our troops home, getting healthcare for all Americans, allowing Americans to buy their medicines from Canada, negotiating prescription costs for Medicare, starting up a major public works project for infrastructure across America, investing more money into public education, ending the drug war and decriminalizing drugs on the federal level, etc, etc...

Enough with Democrats that pretend to be Republicans.
Haha... the bold is not what happened.

You got... "I'm with her" "It's my turn" - and THAT message wore her down to where she needed to take breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies