Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 06:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I haven't read this thread, and won't because it's likely full of racist idiocy and Trump cultists sounding like Hitler Youth wanna-bes, but illegals aren't eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. Whoever "they" is was correct. Illegals don't get healthcare. You need a Social Security # for Medicaid or Medicare.

They aren't getting free healthcare unless they show up to a hospital and pull a scam (submitting false info and the like), which has nothing to do with being illegal. Anyone could do that regardless of immigrant status.

Now hospitals, by law, are obligated to treat life and death situations, but that has nothing to do with immigrant status. Legal tourists, visitors, and the like are also treated. Mass murderers are treated. Everyone who shows up is treated (as it should be in a civilized society).
You should actually read it before making such a stupid post that is easily proven incorrect just by...reading the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 06:41 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Gee -- who would have thunk it.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:02 PM

8,892 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And "we" do. Because as much as "we" love to demonize illegal immigrants, they pay taxes. They pay state sales taxes, gas taxes, and property taxes on cars and such, if nothing else. The vast majority of illegal immigrants are otherwise law abiding, hardworking individuals. They came to America for one purpose: to earn a decent living that they were not able to in their home countries. Should they have entered the country legally and done it the right way? Yes, they should have. They should not be here illegally. But the idea that they pay no taxes is not true.
I don't know about your state, but gas taxes and property taxes do not fund medical care here.

What SSN are they using to pay property taxes on cars?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I provided that information for you. How about you try reading more than just a part of the post.

Yes, I DO live in this crappy state.
Sad thing is, it used to be awesome! Many moons ago, but still.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Yeah, right... a "typo."

Joke's on you. I'm topless.
Well THAT escalated quickly!!

Old 07-30-2017, 08:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Treason.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:47 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"Some". Yeah, we've already defined what "some" is. It's 50%. What the hell are you even trying to argue. You're not saying anything different than what I've already said, but you're trying to pretend that you are.

Did you conveniently gloss over that? Are you saying anything that this did not already point out? No. You're attempting to spin it, but you can't. You said nothing profound, nothing that wasn't already said, and acting like I didn't say it. Stop being dishonest, it's disgusting.
Not denying that illegals get healthcare here, not even arguing if it's good or bad. Just pointing out that (1) "Obamacare" is not giving illegals healthcare access, as I oftentimes see claimed on here, and (2) the comprehensive coverage at least in SF is really not funded by taxpayers in Idaho.

The 50% Fed money is really for Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal itself has some rules around what it covers for illegals; it's not carte blanche. What that means is you get emergency & pregnancy services...sorry, they don't let em die in the streets. Here in San Francisco, it's really our own localized funding that gives them the comprehensive coverage. But it's kind of like water. Take different sources and put it in the same pot...hard to say whether the molecule you specifically ingested came from Source A or Source B.

Here's what the current literature from the state at least says. That said, I have read articles about Medi-Cal supposedly expanding to cover children of illegals. Not sure where that stands.

Medi-Cal FAQs 2014

Quote:
3. Will I qualify for health insurance if I am not a citizen or do not have satisfactory immigration status?

You do not have to be a citizen or have satisfactory immigration status to qualify for Medi-Cal. You may qualify for Medi-Cal coverage of emergency and pregnancy-related services if you meet all of the eligibility requirements but do not have a satisfactory immigration status. Immigrants who have a satisfactory immigration status and meet all eligibility requirements can qualify for full Medi-Cal coverage.

4. Will undocumented immigrants be eligible for full-scope Medi-Cal?

An immigrant who meets all eligibility requirements, but is not in a satisfactory immigration status for full scope Medi-Cal is entitled to emergency and pregnancy-related services and, when needed, state-funded long-term care.
Also, one more thing: the notion that liberals are trading healthcare to illegals to get their "votes" like you insinuate is total bunk. Hello... they can't vote, and despite what Donald Trump claims, all analytical reviews by people who do this stuff for a living indicate no widespread fraud in our voting system.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Sadly, you can't get mad at the illegals. In the end, it's the elite rich you have to get mad at. They keep getting richer and richer, while the middle class get screwed. The companies here in the US, well, they strike laws and deals and pay the politicians off via lobby money, so they can stock their work force with cheaper paying immigrants, and they don't worry about it because welfare will pay the rest of their stay here.

Then they got politicians to put in NAFTA, so they can move their companies overseas and take advantage of the cheap labor, and low regulations to save money. They pollute those countries since there are no laws against it, until we get government officials into office who now want to save the planet. But isn't it funny, major corporation owners who take advantage of third world countries, say like, oh, Bill Gates and his Microsoft company, now are pushing for laws against greenhouse gases, wanting American tax payers to pay the bill to clean up China and India for the damage he and his company and his other pals companies inflicted. Then they want laws to reduce carbon, which means more people being forced to buy a product (wouldn't be surprised that it's a Microsoft or a partner affiliation product) helping to get even more rich, and as less and less people rely on gas, then more than likely gas prices will go up. As for now, while a simple car going back and forth from work will do alright with electric power, we still need gas and diesel powered vehicles to move cargo and goods across the country and the world. So that means goods will go up. Oh, but here's the kicker, the already very wealthy don't care, even Bill Gates, because they made sure they bought up stock in oil when they had the chance.

The elite rich control both parties, and the sheople are too busy sticking up for one side or the other to realize that they are getting played big time.
Yeah, take Walmart for example. A huge company with record profit. They don't pay a living wage to their employee's, and we pay part of their living wage through taxes for their employees. Most of Walmart's employees get welfare to help fill in their wage gap with food stamps and free healthcare. So Walmart literally gets help from the government to pay their employees while taking all of their profits to get rich. Follow the trail and we pay it through taxes. So, we help Walmart get rich off profit by paying part of their employees living wage. It's comical really.

I wish we could pass a law that states if a business can't pay a living wage from their profits, they can't run a business.

Now, we pay for everyone's mandated healthcare, and businesses get that extra money as profit while we cover it with our taxes. Amazing it's allowed to go on but it is.

The double bonus is we have a for profit healthcare system on top of it. So, the middle men in this system make profit off us as well.

On top of it all, we fight for the right to pay all of these companies profit. It must be like a dream for them. lol

Old 07-31-2017, 07:25 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not denying that illegals get healthcare here, not even arguing if it's good or bad. Just pointing out that (1) "Obamacare" is not giving illegals healthcare access, as I oftentimes see claimed on here, and (2) the comprehensive coverage at least in SF is really not funded by taxpayers in Idaho.

The 50% Fed money is really for Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal itself has some rules around what it covers for illegals; it's not carte blanche. What that means is you get emergency & pregnancy services...sorry, they don't let em die in the streets. Here in San Francisco, it's really our own localized funding that gives them the comprehensive coverage. But it's kind of like water. Take different sources and put it in the same pot...hard to say whether the molecule you specifically ingested came from Source A or Source B.

Here's what the current literature from the state at least says. That said, I have read articles about Medi-Cal supposedly expanding to cover children of illegals. Not sure where that stands.

Medi-Cal FAQs 2014

Also, one more thing: the notion that liberals are trading healthcare to illegals to get their "votes" like you insinuate is total bunk. Hello... they can't vote, and despite what Donald Trump claims, all analytical reviews by people who do this stuff for a living indicate no widespread fraud in our voting system.
They do it for the hispanic vote, the entire hispanic vote. That's what I get from it. It's not just "illegals."

Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
They do it for the hispanic vote, the entire hispanic vote. That's what I get from it. It's not just "illegals."

Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies