Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 12:31 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times

Advertisements

Global warming is fine. The end is near? Ha!

Nobody ever talks about the Earth's and Humanity's ability to adapt. Besides, there is little any one administration can do to affect it either way. The changes take place too gradually and over too long a period of time, which is why we can't seem to agree on the causes of climate change to begin with.

Before, I could take CNN or leave it. Now I think I'll leave it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 12:55 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
The moment I heard CNN, I knew that this story has no substance.
CNN presents facts which contradict your existing beliefs, therefore CNN is fake news.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:21 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Earth to warm 2 degrees Celsius by the end of this century, studies say - CNN.com

Again, I am not a global climate scientist. I am not qualify to question the "studies", but I can certainly question the methods.

1. We can't even predict tomorrow's weather correctly, how can we predict global weather 100 years down the road? (Actually, they do a pretty good job at predicting weather.)

2. How does rising temperature harm human? Doesn't warmer climate means more land to live on and to farm? (Lol, you sound like someone who has never read anything about this topic. There is a ton of info out there, go check it out)

3. Why don't we talk about the No.1 polluter of the world, China? (Where do you think all you stuff is made??? Where do you think all our factories went? We sent all our pollution to China.
All my answers are in brackets.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
CNN presents facts which contradict your existing beliefs, therefore CNN is fake news.
Correction.

CNN does not report facts.

They report "opinion" given as fact, and "fact" based on anonymous sources.

There's a difference.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:06 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Or conversely, CNN presents stories that support your existing beliefs, therefore CNN is real news. Confirmational Bias works both ways.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:19 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
Quote:
Earth to warm 2 degrees Celsius by the end of this century, studies say - CNN.com
Again, I am not a global climate scientist. I am not qualified to question the "studies", but I can certainly question the methods....
What exactly IS a "climate scientist"? Try looking it up on the internet--the first 100 hits are likely to be propaganda sites promoting the scam.

There are just a handful of colleges in the nation that offer degrees that could be classified as related to climate science, with ZERO standardization between them. It is not a scientific discipline; it covers virtually every scientific discipline.

We can't even understand why the earth has had periodic Ice Ages followed by Warming Periods in the past, and we think a bunch of political con artists can predict infinitesimal changes in the average temperature of the world decades into the future?

Old 07-31-2017, 02:22 PM

33,520 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:

Again, I am not a global climate scientist. I am not qualify to question the "studies", but I can certainly question the methods.

1. We can't even predict tomorrow's weather correctly, how can we predict global weather 100 years down the road?

2. How does rising temperature harm human? Doesn't warmer climate means more land to live on and to farm?

3. Why don't we talk about the No.1 polluter of the world, China?
You asked.... https://www.nrdc.org/stories/are-eff...ing-really-bad

Old 07-31-2017, 02:32 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
The “tipping point” warning first started in 1989 28 years ago.

In the late 1980s the U.N. was already claiming the world had only a decade to solve global warming or face the consequences.

The San Jose Mercury News reported on June 30, 1989 that a “senior environmental official at the United Nations, Noel Brown, says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000.”

Always someone around to drink the kool aid.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:41 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:

1. We can't even predict tomorrow's weather correctly, how can we predict global weather 100 years down the road?

2. How does rising temperature harm human? Doesn't warmer climate means more land to live on and to farm?

3. Why don't we talk about the No.1 polluter of the world, China?
So 8 years under obama didn't reverse or stall human caused global warming?????

What will it take to save the planet?

Will we know when to stop to prevent global cooling?????

If we were serious about HCGW, the first arena to change would be lawn mowers and 2 cycle engines. Less impact oin the economy and great strides in reducing air pollution.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:43 PM

33,520 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
What exactly IS a "climate scientist"? Try looking it up on the internet--the first 100 hits are likely to be propaganda sites promoting the scam.
They are called climatologists and study the earth's past and present climate by collecting and analyzing data from sources such as ice cores, soil, air and water. They also observe and collect data as it happens.

Quote:
There are just a handful of colleges in the nation that offer degrees that could be classified as related to climate science, with ZERO standardization between them. It is not a scientific discipline; it covers virtually every scientific discipline.
Untrue.... How to Become a Climatologist: Education and Career Roadmap
Quote:
We can't even understand why the earth has had periodic Ice Ages followed by Warming Periods in the past, and we think a bunch of political con artists can predict infinitesimal changes in the average temperature of the world decades into the future?
You may not understand what caused these, but climatologists certainly do. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/abrupt-cli...acial%20Cycles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies