Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 04:12 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think Sessions is next. All because he recused himself from the Russian investigation.
There's talk about moving him to Kelly's former job in Homeland Security which actually is a good idea since he's been tough on illegals and gangs. Then Trump could bring in a different AG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 04:12 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times
They'll all be gone soon enough.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
I place my money on my man Sessions. Maybe Tillerson since many thought that he and Priebus were the real muscle behind the WH.
Tillerson will leave after Sessions if not before.

I dont support him politically, but out of respect I'm surprised he's put up with the garbage this long.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:14 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
Another thought, if Chris Wray in any way alters the Mueller investigation, I see Kelly and Rosenstein both jumping ship. If Kelly was willing to resign over Comey's firing, I don't doubt that he would make good on resigning if Mueller is fired or his hands are tied in any way.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:17 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Tillerson: strong candidate. meeting with trump today. if it's going to happen i'd expect word in about an hour.

Kelly: i'm thinking that either Kelly isn't allowed to implement some order and discipline or he does and trump rebels against it. in either situation i'd imagine kelly would resign.

i'm going for a bit of a long-shot:

Huckabee-Sanders: i think kelly will be looking to make a fresh start on the perception of the WH and replacing the press secretary with someone more professional and by the book would be a quick and easy start.
Oh, no.

But who could they get to do it?

At least she will get up there. Lot to be said for that.

Shutting off the cameras seemed needlessly cruel. (Where's Ivanka when you need some career clothes for a woman?) But at least she wasn't hiding in the bushes.

Absolutely no one imagines that she is in the inner circle and knows what's what. So it's anybody's best guess if she actually knows something or is just repeating nonsense.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:17 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Yes, it's a long shot because she is doing a great job herding presstitutes and spanking them.
she's on par with spicer when it comes to job performance. dishing out the pre-planned BS and either deflecting or playing indignant when called on it.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Tillerson most likely---any day.

Bannon has 9 lives. Trump obviously has wanted Bannon out for at least 4 months. Seems Bannon must bring something to the table that Trump really needs. He's likely behind the Pro-Trump propaganda machine that helps give the Trumpkins red meat and keep them on Trump's side.

Bannon likely doesn't kiss Trump's ring as much as Trump prefers, so that's probably why Trump wants him gone. Although likely Trump realizes that if Bannon goes that Trump will lose some Trumpkins when the brains behind the Pro-Trump propaganda machine goes away.

Whether Kushner likes Bannon could be a deciding factor. Kushner has a lot of power. Wonder how Kushner's power will work with (or against) the new boss. That will be interesting. Kushner likely has more control than the new guy which might not go over too well with the new guy.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:21 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Well it won't be Hillary. LOL!!!

Old 07-31-2017, 04:26 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Tillerson will leave after Sessions if not before.

I dont support him politically, but out of respect I'm surprised he's put up with the garbage this long.
Honestly, as a former Alabama resident who does not support Sessions' politics, I am shocked that he has stayed on this train wreck.

I thought that he'd have more integrity and wouldn't take the hit to his reputation. How long before his former Senate colleagues stop respecting him?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well it won't be Hillary. LOL!!!
Yeah, she's only like 1 billion times too qualified to work in this dumpster fire of a cabinet. Of course, the same could be said of my chihuahua.

My guess is Tillerson. He's (almost) a normal person, and not entirely insane or racist like the rest, so probably feels like a fish out of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies