Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 06:46 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Who is going to beat him?
Nobody because he won't run again or he will be impeached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
I have to wonder what accomplishments Trump supporters think Dear Leader is going to be able to run on in 2020. Obamacare will not be repealed. ISIS will not be defeated. North Korea will be capable of a direct strike against the US mainland. Tax reform is probably not happening. About the only thing he will be able to claim is nominating Gorsuch to SCOTUS. If the economy tanks between now and then, that will further hurt his chances as people typically vote Democrat when the economy isn't doing well.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,013 times
Right now the Republicans will be watching the 2018 midterms like a hawk. If the Republicans are destroyed in the midterms...Trump is gone in 2019.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
I didn't think he would be until this past week. Now I believe 100% he will be. President Pence is in our future.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The impeachment of Clinton was a mistake and big political loser for the GOP in my opinion. But that was now almost 20 years ago, so don't count on Democrats to have learned from it.
The Republicans lost there because Clinton wad charismatic. People forget how loveable Slicl Willy was. Trump isn't lovable at all. Jess the drink uncle at Thanksgiving you only invite because he's family. That and the Republicans searched for anything that would stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Predicting who is elected and predicting who will be impeached are two different things.

To me, this is just a guy capitalizing on his success at predicting elections to promote a book and make money. More power to him, that's the American way.

I don't think however, that he has any ability to predict impeachment. Too many moving targets.
Impeachment is many moving targets but he is starting to really turn congressional Republicans against him. In the house, you need a majority of a majority to lead to an impeachment trial vote, then you need some what 18 Republicans vote with democrats in the Senate to impeach Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Not happening. He will be in office 8 years.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you right there. I truly think he'll get primariy'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Clinton had much higher approval ratings and a clear record of peace and prosperity. Clinton controlled any anger he had--and he did have a filter, like most mature adults.

Trump acts like a 10 year old with no filter, who loses it at least once a week.

Trump is detested more every week. Rassmussen, the pollster that the GOP adores, has him under 40 for the first time. Which means he is really in the low 30s.

And, oh yeah, Clinton didn't try to fire everyone investigating him, thereby being accused of obstruction of justice. But, Nixon did. Trump is much more like Nixon.
Trump is what at 33% approval right now? The court of public opinion is not pro-Trump and haven't been on nearly two years.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:00 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Who is going to beat him?
At the rate of drama keep coming out of the WH these days , it could be almost anybody. I mean people are so sick and tired of the drama every week after just six months, so I can imagine how people are going to be feeling after 4 years let alone 8. People will not be able to stomach this mess of an administration another term, everybody will be so turned off, especially if thing are not getting done. It's like the fool me once saying.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
He'll be impeached within 18 months max (Watergate took 2.5 years), but much sooner if the Republicans decide to drop him.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Impeachment is coming. You are starting to see more and more people jump ship. Trump still has his hardcore base, but with each passing week, that base becomes smaller and smaller. Trump lost the "give him a chance" crowd long ago. He's starting to lose traditional Republicans who were never fully on board the Trump train but voted for him because they didn't want Hillary. If he continues down the path that he is on, he isn't going to make it four years. If by some miracle he does, there is a good chance he could be either primaried or decide not to even run again in 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Republicans lost there because Clinton wad charismatic. People forget how loveable Slicl Willy was. Trump isn't lovable at all. Jess the drink uncle at Thanksgiving you only invite because he's family. That and the Republicans searched for anything that would stick.

Impeachment is many moving targets but he is starting to really turn congressional Republicans against him. In the house, you need a majority of a majority to lead to an impeachment trial vote, then you need some what 18 Republicans vote with democrats in the Senate to impeach Trump?

I'm gonna have to disagree with you right there. I truly think he'll get primariy'd.

Trump is what at 33% approval right now? The court of public opinion is not pro-Trump and haven't been on nearly two years.

Again. His approval was so low since he started, which why people said he wouldn't win the nomination and presidency. Yet he did. So why are you right now?

Old 07-31-2017, 07:03 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
This has been a "liquid dream" of Liberals for months.
Not this liberal. I want him to stay at all costs. He's doing much more damage to the GOP than any Democrat could ever hope to do. They'll be feeling this for generations.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:06 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Not this liberal. I want him to stay at all costs. He's doing much more damage to the GOP than any Democrat could ever hope to do. They'll be feeling this for generations.

The Democrats have no message, no good candidates, and can't even agree on the direction of your party

The "the other guy is worse" didn't work last time and it won't again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies