Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 08:19 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,826 times

Advertisements

Obviously, Hillary would have appointed another Guinsberg and we'd have a liberal court.

However, I'm going to point out something that happened decades ago, and, considering that the Left applies the Civil Rights Act to the gay/trans stuff, where it could have lead.

Years ago, some students were sent to Bob Jones University from Apartheid Africa. The school, wanting the students to get a good Christian education and thus agreed to block interracial dating at the school.

This ran afoul of the Civil Rights Act and eventually the Supreme Court and the IRS stripped them of their tax exempt status (which they just got back a few years ago) and made them pay YEARS in back taxes as punishment.

Now imagine that Hillary had won, the bathroom mandate had remained, and now schools that didn't teach the Gay Agenda or let men in the women's room would have their tax exempt status revoked and be forced to pay years in back taxes as punishment for nonconformity with the tyrannical edict.

Do you think that is what would have happened or do you think it wouldn't have?

(BTW, for those that agree with the feds doing such a thing: congratulations, you're what's wrong with America. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 08:29 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
The trans bathroom thing is just about the stupidest issue I think I have ever heard.

There are two scenarios: One where you have to go to whatever bathroom in the gender you were born in, and the other where you have to go to whatever bathroom in the gender you are now. Conservatives want the former, liberals want the latter.

Let's say the first one gets enacted. As a result of this law, people who have had sex-change operations will have to go to the bathroom of the gender they were born in. That is, a "guy" who was born as a "girl" will have to go to the girl's bathroom. Do you realize how weird that would be? Somebody who looks (mostly) like a girl will be forced to use the guy's bathroom, and somebody who (mostly) looks like a guy will have to go to the girl's bathroom. If you are a guy, would you want Caitlin Jenner suddenly popping into the guy's bathroom? I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't.

Now the really weird thing is, some guys with no class might start hitting on this woman, but when they find out she used to be a guy, boy will that be embarrassing!!

Beware of what you ask for, you just might get it.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Or forcing Buck Angel to use the women's - https://www.flickr.com/photos/30927487@N03/

(Buck is not known to have had "bottom" surgery yet.)

Personally, I think gay and transgender people should be protected from discrimination, but the fact is that currently they're not. So yes, I guess in your eyes, I'm what's wrong with America.

Of course, I think people like you are what is wrong with America.

So there we are.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Obviously, Hillary would have appointed another Guinsberg and we'd have a liberal court.

However, I'm going to point out something that happened decades ago, and, considering that the Left applies the Civil Rights Act to the gay/trans stuff, where it could have lead.

Years ago, some students were sent to Bob Jones University from Apartheid Africa. The school, wanting the students to get a good Christian education and thus agreed to block interracial dating at the school.

This ran afoul of the Civil Rights Act and eventually the Supreme Court and the IRS stripped them of their tax exempt status (which they just got back a few years ago) and made them pay YEARS in back taxes as punishment.

Now imagine that Hillary had won, the bathroom mandate had remained, and now schools that didn't teach the Gay Agenda or let men in the women's room would have their tax exempt status revoked and be forced to pay years in back taxes as punishment for nonconformity with the tyrannical edict.

Do you think that is what would have happened or do you think it wouldn't have?

(BTW, for those that agree with the feds doing such a thing: congratulations, you're what's wrong with America. )
I find it amusing that you conflate the idea that a "good Christian education" involves banning interracial dating. Amusing in the "thank you for letting us know how you feel".

But in the real world:

Old 07-31-2017, 08:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
These photos show how absolutely inane the bathroom bills are.

And if someone actually passes one, you can bet that it would be tested by groups of people who look like the above obeying the law and causing a ruckus.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Well they are installing urinals in women's restrooms. So if women with the DNA of a woman goes into the woman's restroom be prepared to see a women born with the DNA of a man use the urinal. Get over it or face the PC police. Little girls will be confused I am sure.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:01 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
If you start a thread and need to resort to defending Bob Jones's University ban on Inter-racial dating....

Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well they are installing urinals in women's restrooms. So if women with the DNA of a woman goes into the woman's restroom be prepared to see a women born with the DNA of a man use the urinal. Get over it or face the PC police. Little girls will be confused I am sure.
Oh please. Little kids know how to go pee. It's not the kids with the issues.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:05 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Only plebs confuse bidets with urinals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies