Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Okay, so other than legality and second hand smoke?
Bonfires, good for you!!! Who doesn't like a good lung cookie now and then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Wine, a joint and some cheese! Makes for a mellow mood after 11:00 PM Why not give it a try?
You seem to have taken a conclusion I'm not with you on this.
Moderation, honey!

Old 08-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Both Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin, were potheads and grew the best hemp in the area.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:14 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I did some research on this awhile back and the research showed that there was some chemical in Marijuana that, when smoked, blocked out any potential lung cancer that one would expect to be triggered by smoking the marijuana. There likely has been a lot more studies since then. But when I had researched, it confirms what you are saying. Which wasn't what I expected when I started the research.
Why would one expect lung cancer to be triggered by smoking cannabis?

I know for a lot that seems like a ridiculous question, but think about it. Why do people not realize that the lung cancer caused by tobacco typically occurs after decades of hammering the lungs with a tremendous amount of smoke, much more smoke than even a HEAVY cannabis user would be exposed to in 100 years? Really people, the comparison isn't even close.

Another piece of logic that seems to escape prohibitionists is that we are at the 50 year anniversary of the start of an entire generation of lifelong users. Since then millions have been using it ("in the closet", of course) for over 4 decades. Literally. Don't you think we would be seeing 1000's of cases per year (and growing) of cannabis-induced lung cancer by now?

For anyone not old enough to remember, when the War on Drugs really ramped-up in the 70's, "major" busts of many tons at a time (yes, tons) were happening often, but even the drug warriors admitted that "it represents only a small percentage of the total". Where do you think all of that pot was going? Yes, millions have been using it since the late 1960's.

For that matter, its been in use for 5000 years. Just sayin'.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I did some research on this awhile back and the research showed that there was some chemical in Marijuana that, when smoked, blocked out any potential lung cancer that one would expect to be triggered by smoking the marijuana. There likely has been a lot more studies since then. But when I had researched, it confirms what you are saying. Which wasn't what I expected when I started the research.

What about COPD?
That last kine bud, had a bone in it.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:22 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post

ANOTHER stereotype!

So uninformed, myopic, and brain-washed.

Yep, especially since I've worked around cokeheads, drunks, and stoners most of my life (musician) and watched several good people destroy their lives over it. I wouldn't know a thing about it.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:25 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yep, especially since I've worked around cokeheads, drunks, and stoners most of my life (musician) and watched several good people destroy their lives over it. I wouldn't know a thing about it.
I had roommates that went back and forth from meth to weed just to get through the day. Or coke and hash. Just an odd way to live. Wake up, do a line. Time for bed do a shot of jack and a bunch of bong rips.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:27 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I am also a musician (that's how I made my living in the 70's). I have over 40 years of daily experience with the plant.

I'm sorry, but I have to call bunk on your statement. Just too many things you have posted about cannabis are so inaccurate that you are either inexperienced or heavily biased because of some personal experience, either directly or to someone close to you. Your post seems to indicate it is the latter.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Pure trash who should be in prison. A new study just came out saying that one in five Americans are drug addicts or have mental illness (many are both). That's what the country has become. You don't see the same incidence of mental problems in countries that are actually tough on drugs.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had roommates that went back and forth from meth to weed just to get through the day. Or coke and hash. Just an odd way to live. Wake up, do a line. Time for bed do a shot of jack and a bunch of bong rips.
Many people use drugs because they can't handle reality or never learned the proper coping skills for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies