Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Actually there's a really simple solution: Israel annexes all of "Palestine" and the "Palestinians" either accept Israeli sovereignty, laws, and citizenship ... or they pack their bags and move someplace else.
Israel was sort of already there already post 1967. But the UN had to get their say and the Arab League had to get their say and the international community had to get their say and the PLO came into existence. Problem now is that no country will take them now. If countries don't want a few 100k Syrians, who do you think will take a few Million Palestinians? Nearly every single country that is part of the Arab League does not grant citizenship to Palestinians who were born in their countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Under Muslim control no one will have access to it except for Muslims just like Mecca or under Jewish control everyone will have access to it which includes Muslims. That's what the battle will be for.
Precisely why I dont want to see that battle fought. I wish we Americans would just leave the middle east alone. Israel has shown itself competent to handle its own business.

Iraq, Syria, Lybia were all disasters. Now they want to put more troops in Afghanistan.

I wish we would just pull out of the entire region.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:55 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Who knew the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would be so complicated? Nobody knew!

I didn't know...nobody knew

Old 08-03-2017, 12:01 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Precisely why I dont want to see that battle fought. I wish we Americans would just leave the middle east alone. Israel has shown itself competent to handle its own business.

Iraq, Syria, Lybia were all disasters. Now they want to put more troops in Afghanistan.

I wish we would just pull out of the entire region.
The short short version that nobody wants to talk about is that the US can't. The US is trading services rendered for debt cancellation. The US can't pay it's debt thus there is a barter exchange.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's what the critics said -- even the Republican ones.

They talked about how naive this administration was thinking they could walk in and try to bring peace to a region where administrations have been trying for so many years. I only half paid attention to this issue because I don't think it is our job to bring peace. It is their's -- if they don't want it -- that's on them -- let's just walk away, not declare a side and move on.
And guess what - those critics were correct.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:17 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Israel was sort of already there already post 1967. But the UN had to get their say and the Arab League had to get their say and the international community had to get their say and the PLO came into existence. Problem now is that no country will take them now. If countries don't want a few 100k Syrians, who do you think will take a few Million Palestinians? Nearly every single country that is part of the Arab League does not grant citizenship to Palestinians who were born in their countries.
I thought that was the one state solution? But Israeli leaders today don't want a million Palestinians because they think it will destroy the ethnic makeup of Israel.

I am pro-Israel but I get a little weirded out by statements from Israeli leaders when they say that absorbing all the Palestinians who have a right to return would end Israel. I can understand it because they think they would be letting in a hostile population but I never thought they'd argue it from an ethno-centric/ethno-nationalist line.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:22 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
"There may be no solution to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict"
We've known that since 1948.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:24 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
but I never thought they'd argue it from an ethno-centric/ethno-nationalist line.
That's because it would be discriminatory and the Israelis don't want to be sued by America for discrimination.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:30 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's because it would be discriminatory and the Israelis don't want to be sued by America for discrimination.
But wouldn't it be weird for any nation to set boundaries based on their national makeup? Could you imagine if the US President said no more immigrants because we must remain a christian majority nation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies