Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 03:41 PM

195 posts, read 177,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Thanks for answering my question & sorry if it was an off-topic request. When I hear folks mention 'root or underlying causes' my interest & curiosity is piqued, for me, I 'listen' more closely because it usually means a critical & creative thinking approach is being applied to problem-solving or resolving or trouble-shooting, with possible, pragmatic & potential solution providing highlighted.

Don't wanna stomp on the OP or drag off-topic. I thought you were about identifying why healthcare is not affordable in the US, particularly when compared to other Countries. Imho, this piece identifies some root or underlying causes:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...thcare/374576/

A few short clips from:

Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...thcare/374576/
This is the kind of exchange I can appreciate. The constant partisan bickering is exactly how the government keeps the public distracted while they push their own agenda. Unfortunately I don't see an end to it.

I have to admit, they really know their audience. Appealing to emotion seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 03:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The era of freeloaders, obamaphone recipients, and other societal parasites is coming to an end.

The lazy and unmotivated among us have had fair warning to find a paying job and carry their own weight.

Government provided healthcare is a non-starter.

To those on the Left, there is zero chance of overcoming obstacles like me. We outnumber you in several ways!
You have the power right now, why can't you make change. Oh wait, you cannot because the republicans want to pass based policy that hurts their constituents.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:11 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,248,616 times
It's never going down...

Old 08-02-2017, 04:17 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,675,878 times
American stupidity just hit a new low.. Reading through the posts from the Obama haters it's easy to see this isn't about possessing knowledge, no, this is simply about hate and little else. I hope the Republican party can see their way clear to ousting the Donald, he's a terrible part of all the divisive distractions currently helping to ruin a once great nation. I'm no fan of Obama but at the least the man had a ton of charm when compared to this current sorry SOB running America into the ground.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:25 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The cheerleaders and lemmings for Trump are hilarious. They're the kind of people that would do anything for their hero, without any second thought. They'd march off into a field of explosives, try to catch a basket of falling knives with their hands, run into a house full of gas, or stride off a cliff, if told to do so. They're proud to be expendable and disposable.
Nah...Trump supporters won't do any of those things. We are just hella grateful Hillary is not in charge....The left treats the right as if they believe the conservatives are zombies, going out in the fields at night and chewing intestines, blindly stumbling through the dark...

Remember Night of the Living Dead: (1968)

Enjoy the movie:

https://youtu.be/-_f2Enn8x5s

Old 08-02-2017, 04:27 PM

817 posts, read 752,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
American stupidity just hit a new low.. Reading through the posts from the Obama haters it's easy to see this isn't about possessing knowledge, no, this is simply about hate and little else. I hope the Republican party can see their way clear to ousting the Donald, he's a terrible part of all the divisive distractions currently helping to ruin a once great nation. I'm no fan of Obama but at the least the man had a ton of charm when compared to this current sorry SOB running America into the ground.
Da fk you mean man? Stupid Obama shall get ZERO points, for anything. Period. Trump prevails as more get on board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies